Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

If he can learn the english game and then if the other players can learn his game, I think he'll be a very usefull asset in our squad. And from what I saw against Blackburn, he and Petrov looked rather good together.

I think it was more the picking out the 1 mistake at a set time in the match that annoyed people. He played well in the match and had 1 **** up, you can't putt him down on one mistake imo, everyone else made a mistake.

Like Petrov trying fancy flicks resulting in giving the ball away and setting up a Blackburn attack.

Were these the same fancy flicks that saw Petrov go past a Blackburn defender and have a well struck but too centrally placed shot on goal?

Shame he's not done it in all but about two games for us.

It has to be said that Briney has a very valid point, what exactly has Makoun done so far? One good game against Man Utd, who play the sort of football he can be effective against, a team who sit off you in the centre of the park. Most PL teams aren't like that. The bloke who bought him even dropped him in favour of NRC.

It's fine to think he's going to be a good player for us, it's also fine to think he's showed diddly squat so far. One of those positions is based on evidence, the other is based on faith. Both positions are equally valid but what is disappointing is that people having an opinion are accused of having an agenda. If you look up the word agenda in the dictionary, it doesn't say "holds an opinion which is opposite to mine".

So far he's shown very little, in the future he may come good

I think the difference is that some people look at players and how they measure up in terms of being the finished article. You appear to be one of those people.

Other people look at the finer details and how good they think a player can/will be.

It's clear to me that Makoun has a great touch and can play his way out of very tight situations with skill and vision. He is also calm enough to spot a pass. We don't have many players like that.

The only thing holding Makoun back is his fitness and experience of the English game.

I think he'll impress us this season in the right formation.

I think it was more the picking out the 1 mistake at a set time in the match that annoyed people. He played well in the match and had 1 **** up, you can't putt him down on one mistake imo, everyone else made a mistake.

Like Petrov trying fancy flicks resulting in giving the ball away and setting up a Blackburn attack.

Were these the same fancy flicks that saw Petrov go past a Blackburn defender and have a well struck but too centrally placed shot on goal?

doing it in the final third with plenty of cover behind you not so bad, but in your own half when being pressed and getting caught is criminal.

doing it in the final third with plenty of cover behind you not so bad, but in your own half when being pressed and getting caught is criminal.

Come on that's a bit harsh - his 3 yard backpass assist for Walker's 35-yard screamer was something else..

In all seriousness, I think the same amount of time should be afforded to Makoun as it was to Petrov (a season), although I severely doubt it will be considering not only there are those jumping on him at this stage of pre-season but also after he'd played a few games for us last season.

As always, time will tell.

Shown when he come on, really should be playing regularly, keeps the game going and constantly offers himself for the ball, simple and effective, always looking forward and to offload the early pass.

Yeah we improved greatly when he came on. I think Makoun, Bent and N'Zogbia will be very important for us this season.

Gets pushed off the ball far too easily for me and I'm not sure that is something he can improve on as having stood next to him he is a strip of piss, weighs about 8 stone wringing wet.

He got bullied out of games far too easily last season especially by Karl Henry at VP. I worry against the sides that like to get stuck in to you he'll again be found wanting.

He keeps us ticking.. as soon as he came on we improved and gained control of the midfield.. something Petrov and Delph failed to do.

Gardner and Makoun should be used more.

He will be a key player for us this season for sure.. hopefully Big Eck realises this.

He got bullied out of games far too easily last season especially by Karl Henry at VP. I worry against the sides that like to get stuck in to you he'll again be found wanting.

If thats the case im suer you be pissed if we signed any Arsenal players ;)

Gets pushed off the ball far too easily for me and I'm not sure that is something he can improve on as having stood next to him he is a strip of piss, weighs about 8 stone wringing wet.

So as much as I like Petrov, do you worry when we play him v high tempo sides?

If thats the case im suer you be pissed if we signed any Arsenal players ;)

Why? the likes of Fabregas, Wishere whilst small can more than hold their own. Makoun has shown himself to be weak and when the going gets tough he disappears.

Whilst him being a streak of piss isn't going to help him hold players off its also about attitude.

Sid Cowans the best player I have seen in a Villa shirt in my 30 odd years following us also looked like a oood wind would blow him over but he was as tough as they came. Lets hope Sid can help him develop a similar attitude.

If we're going to pass the ball out of the defense he's a certainty.

Exactly.. our defenders also need some passing lessons.. they really look so awkward when passing a ball.. even a simple pass they make it so complicated and eventually mess up.

Â