Jean II Makoun

dudevillaisnice

I think players like Makoun should make use feel positive about next season.. Yes we have lost Young and may lose Downing, but we have Makoun, Delph, Albrighton if we keep Downing we have one strong midfield. It's not all doom and gloom even if it feels like it right now.

TBH - a midfield of Makoun , Delph and Albrighton is the stuff of nightmares. 2 of them are pretty injury prone - and the other will I feel crumble under the weight of expectation.

I think we could get away with starting with one of those.

all of our midfielders are best suited to working in a midfield 3.. Its the best way to set our team up. If we can get a brute enforcer as a DM then we can use any mixture of players imo. Definitely 2 of Albrighton, Delph and Makoun. Maybe not both Delph and Makoun... But only because they are so similar. You wouldnt put Bent and Chicarito as the only 2 forwards, because they are similar.. Same kind of thing for Makoun and Delph.

Doesnt mean they are terrible. Just means we have options. Absolutely nothing wrong with that. Rather that than have first XI and then nobody.

Apparently Monaco are keen on Makoun - and he wouldn't be adverse to going there ........

From a source that I trust - this is on the cards

Can't see them paying what Houllier did for him though and as Houllier turned him into Messi & Lampard rolled into one, so much so he had to be rested to give all the other players in the squad a chance to catch up with his skillset. I'll be expecting him to go for no less than £40mil considering he has decades left on his contract ;-)

Apparently Monaco are keen on Makoun - and he wouldn't be adverse to going there ........

From a source that I trust - this is on the cards

He wants to play in Ligue 2 for Monaco, who are currently selling all their best players?

Forgive me for being sceptical about this but it really doesn't add up.

He wants to play in Ligue 2 for Monaco, who are currently selling all their best players?
Hard to believe isn't it? Some players would rather live in Monte Carlo than Birmingham.

Can't believe people say flog him, give the guy a chance for jeebus sake.

Can't see Lerner turning down a decent cash offer for him the way things are going.

Hard to believe isn't it? Some players would rather live in Monte Carlo than Birmingham.

I've done my time on the Riviera and in Brum, and no doubt I'd give up a lot to go and live down there again, but if he was desperate to move down there surely he'd have his agent trying to hook up a move to Marseille or Nice? Or Corsica now Ajaccio have been promoted? I could even believe Evian TG but I don't believe he'd be looking to play in Ligue 2.

Think he will be a great player once he's adapted to the English Leagues. Shocked people saying sell him, if he's having no impact on the team by January then i'd consider it being the right thing to do. Untill then I think he needs a good pre-season behind him.

Â