Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A win tonight and we can go into the United game fearless.

The performance from the team in the past few games has been one of solidarity, if we can continue this then we should wipe the floor with Wigan.

Wigan have only won twice at home this season but drawn 6 times. Villa have only won once?! on the road. On paper i would say a draw but on form i would say Villa win.

3 points would take us to 13th with 28 points

Not as easy as you'd think imo.

We're at least stronger than when it was originally due to be played, so perhaps a blessing in disguise.

Depends which Wigan turn up too.

Sometimes they are truly dire, others not bad at all.

Id personally play:

--------------Friedel------------

Cuellar--Dunne--Collins--Clark

---------Makoun--Petrov--------

Albrighton--Downing-----Young

---------------Bent----------------

Something like that, maybe switch young and downing over but much prefer young on the left.

I think this has to be our formation from now on with the players we currently have.

Luke Young travelled with us to this.. Houllier said there will be rotation to freshen up the squad, I think we'll see him play today.

I just don't understand why tho. Play the team thats just won. We are nowhere near good enough to rotate and freshen up imo.

Luke Young travelled with us to this.. Houllier said there will be rotation to freshen up the squad, I think we'll see him play today.

I just don't understand why tho. Play the team thats just won. We are nowhere near good enough to rotate and freshen up imo.

Exactly my thinking.

Wasn't sure what was going on with Luke Young's fitness? If he's fit and has a few days training under his belt, I'd happily put him left back. Johnson really did well against Clark and only got 20 mins, N'Zogbia will be starting on the right for them so could cause a lot of problems.

I'm no fan of luke young either however we have games coming thick and fast so we need to rotate...

A lot of players put in huge efforts against City and this game is just a couple days later, maybe he could go with Luke Young at left back to match up against N'Zogbia who will want to cut in from the right which would also be onto Young's favourite right foot.

Plenty of selection headaches, Walker? Heskey, Makoun, Young etc...

I'm no fan of luke young either however we have games coming thick and fast so we need to rotate...

At the right time though. Its not as if all these players have been busting a gut for the past few weeks. Most have hardly played!!

For me, Dont rotate on a game we need to win - especially after the last result!!

Ive actually got a rly good feeling about the trip to OT. By then, I think they will be well due a loss. But its a game that wont define our season (and if it will it will because were going upwards).

Luke Young in for Clark is the only change Id even contemplate making!! And even then, Id go with Clark