Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Don't think Makoun should start. I'd bring him on if we're winning for the last 10 mins or so but would rather he got a full weeks training with the squad and then started against Blackburn in the cup when Bent won't play so Gabby should be pushed up front.

I'd go with the same team even though i don't agree with Gabby on the left! Have we been able to name the same side 2 games in a row this season?

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I dont think Makoun will start either although hes not short of match fitness if he did.

Petrov may be rested for Makoun.. or even Reo Coker. I think Houllier believes Petrov is lacking in fitness and may not play him from the start within a few days.

The worry here is complacency. We beat Man City so Wigan should be a doddle type thinking.

Look at how Man Utd take their foot off the gas and slow down against lower teams - They just don't. There's no room for any let-up against anyone. And we should give absolutely everything again.

this will probably be trickier than some people think.

our confidence is still fragile, Bent is not going to score every game, our defence is still generally poor (conceded 40 PL goals so far), and let Makoun train with the squad before getting thrown straight in.

saying all that, i think we can & will win 2-1.

Same back 5 for me. Don't fix it if its not broken. Although I would have liked a proper LB to mark N'Zogbia.

-----------Petrov --- NRC -----------------

Gabby ------- Downing -------------- Ash

----------------- Bent ----------------------

Bench: Guzan, Walker, Makoun (to get 30 for Stan unless injury), Bannan, Albie (to get 25 for Gabby unless injury), Heskey, Fonz.

Options on the bench!!

Am worried that we'll see another, "After the Lord Mayer's show" performance.

I'd keep the team the same, play the same and play the same counter-attacking style that has suited us so well in seasons gone past.

IF we have to make a change, it should be Gabby out, not Albrighton.

Am worried that we'll see another, "After the Lord Mayer's show" performance.

I'd keep the team the same, play the same and play the same counter-attacking style that has suited us so well in seasons gone past.

IF we have to make a change, it should be Gabby out, not Albrighton.

I think that, away from home, we need a more disciplined structure though. Hence two holding CM'ers. I would also play Downing in CM as he is more of CM'er than an attacker compared with Ash, but still has creativity. I would then encourage Ash and Gabby to show some fluidity, swapping sides throughout, but also to get closer to Bent and play less as out and out wingers, hence why I would not start with Albie, and play a more solid 4-3-3/4-2-3-1 instead of the 4-1-4-1 we played on Saturday.

If we can combine the City defensive performance with the Blues attacking performance (with Bent to finish then off). We can win and win comfortably

2 wins in a row for the first time this season?

Friedel

Cuellar     Collins   Dunne      Clark

Young      Makoun     Petrov   Downing

Bent   Abdomlamor

Swap Downing for Albrighton at half-time depending on circumstances.

That front 6 alone should scare the shit out of most PL defences.