Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

No complaints if it's the same team but I do think it's a different game and that needs to be thought about.

Friedel

Walker/Cuellar Dunne Collins Clark

Young Petrov Makoun Downing

Heskey Bent..

to be honest though, I could consider Reo-Coker, Bannan, Albrighton, Gabby as all possible starters. So really not bothered.

Think 1-2 Villa!

• Replies 808
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You forgot to mention no stream allowed. ;)

I think it needs more balance than today. Great win but I think Gabby could be the one losing out to Makoun. But I would rather see Gabby go up front with Young going out left. Downing should be the one to be dropped.

Same system, Makoun in, Gabby out and put Downing onto the left.

Pretty much how I see it, or start as we did with city and Makoun as sub impact to introduce him slowly to the game..

Oh and i'd like the back 4 to stay as it is, no Walker introduced etc..Just don't touch it at all now.. it's solid, it works.. only need a proper LB back there and thats it.

Looking forward to this, we could build on the city game here, perfect opp.

On another subject, I always end up standing next to some muppet who dont wanna sing at away games, its annoying to hear the noise coming from a certain area - and im not there.. grrr! Im just gonna go stand with the noisy **** on tuesday.. haha

A win in this game will be massive, and we have to capitalise on the Man City result. If we fail to get the points on Tuesday, the City result will be meaningless. If we can win this game, we'll really start to pull away from the bottom 3, and surely confidence must be up from last nights result.

Looking forward to making the trip to the DW again.

Same system, Makoun in, Gabby out and put Downing onto the left.

Pretty much how I see it, or start as we did with city and Makoun as sub impact to introduce him slowly to the game..

Oh and i'd like the back 4 to stay as it is, no Walker introduced etc..Just don't touch it at all now.. it's solid, it works.. only need a proper LB back there and thats it.

Not sure we need to focus on soaking up pressure tbh, I expect us to dominate possession and dicatate play... with that in mind, I'd go for Walker ahead of Cuellar, and go 442 (or 4411).

I'd rest Albrighton, he was excellent in patches last night, but showed his age on a few occasions. Can always bring him on as an impact sub.

A win is only good if you win the next game. A win and we go 13th, 6 points above Wigan. Although we would of played a game more than most teams apart from Wigan and West Ham. And Fulham when they play Liverpool on Wednesday.

A win is needed as we play United away after but our fixtures are winnable after that.

Wigan away has been kind to us in the past. Really don't want to - and obviously can't - count any chickens here but we should have far too much for this lot. Bent has kind of set the expectation now that every chance he gets he should score, if the defence is that strong from now until the end of the season we should arrest this alarming goals against tally from now on.

I actually think Downing should be the one to make room for Makoun, Cuellar deserves a run in the side on last night's showing.

Friedel

Cuellar Collins Dunne Clark

Albrighton Makoun Petrov Agbonlahor

Young

Bent

0-2 Villa.

Forgotton what it is like to have a lot of options.

Friedel

Cuellar-Dunne-Collins-Clark

Young-Petrov-Makoun/Reo-Coker-Downing

Bent-Agbonlahor

Would definitely have Gabby up top in this game as they won't be able to handle his and Bent's pace. Harsh on Albrighton as he had a stormer yesterday but I'd give him a rest and get him off the bench to run at them if needed. Much more encouraging now we seem to have a good squad to pick from once again.

I would go (as several others have suggested) with same, except Makoun into middle, Downing on the wing, Gabby on the bench.

But I would be looking to try a couple things later depending on how things go. All three points seem quite possible here, best not to take too many risks. Better to take risks against ManU when the odds of getting points are not so good, or wait a few more weeks, till confidence is much higher and safety a bit more assured (at least we all greatly hope so).

Good game for Makoun to settle in.

As for the rest, I think Gabby will probably miss out and the rest as they are. Although, having said that, if Albrighton were to play then I would go for Walker instead of Carlos. Their flowing movement and instant understanding of each other could murder a lot of teams in the prem.

Looking forward to this one.

---------------Friedel

Cuellar---Collins---Dunne---Clark[or new]

-----------Makoun---Petrov

Albrighton------Young--------Downing

------------------Bent

possibly switch Downing for Heskey and put Young on the left. Dont wanna change the back four but need a LB, riding our luck with Clark, booked every game and it wont be long until a) he gets an automatic one match ban, or a red card for two yellows and with Warnock not on the bench we would be ****.