James Milner's Return to Villa Park

maqroll

The Barry situation is confusing IMO, here we have a player we made roughly the same amount of profit from as Milner, who gave Villa 12 brillant years of service to Villa and yet we would boo him over Milner who was at the club for over 2 years. Yes Milner was a good professional, but so was Barry, they probably got the same amount of payrise, so the money question isn't a issue, as if one is consider to be greedy, so must the other. I personally believe that Barry moved to a club that he knew that could match his own ambitions, because no one can doubt the level of ambition in Man City.

Yes Barry made a mistake by going public in wanting a move, but it common knowledge he admitted he made a mistake and thats why he got rid of his agent afterwards. He obviously has a fondness for Villa still, even after getting all those boos last season, when Man City scored he didn't celebrate. I can understand his transfer hurt more then Milner as Barry meant more to the club then anyone in the last decade, but its time to move on and show him the respect his service for Villa deserves.

Sorry, never really got this booing ex-players for whatever reason. They've just moved on, pastures new and all that and whats changed from when they used to be our idols?

A bit of light-hearted banters fine; the old waving of wads of cash etc etc. Its acceptable and can be genuinely amusing, but the vitriol aimed at some ex-players can be bordering on hatred and I really don't get that. I really love it when players who have gone for whatever reason mention their time at Villa with great affection; for club and fans alike.

Forget booing them....I'd rather let the boys do the talking for us on the pitch, especially DB and show them a little of what they're missing.

I won't be at Villa Park today, but I think if I was there I wouldn't do either. I'd just concentrate on supporting the team and applauding new signing Darren Bent. I was the League Cup game back in 1999 when Bosnich came back to Villa Park with Manchester United, the booing was incredible and you could see Bosnich felt uncomfortable. I was also at the Liverpool game in 1999 when Staunton came back to Villa Park and it was the same. I actually think the abuse the crowd gave Staunton was one of the reasons he was sent off, the referee got caught up in it. :lol::lol:

I hope he isn't boo'd.

I'd rather we reminded him why he shouldn't have left here.

Maybe a spot of "Jimmy! Hows the Bench? Jimmy Jimmy, Hows the bench?', but certainly not boo'd. We're bigger than that.

I hope he isn't boo'd.

I'd rather we reminded him why he shouldn't have left here.

Maybe a spot of "Jimmy! Hows the Bench? Jimmy Jimmy, Hows the bench?', but certainly not boo'd. We're bigger than that.

this.

Milner made a choice to go for a large increase in wages. Who here wouldn't.

He also chose to move from a club where he could do little wrong, was arguably already a big fish in a small pond, for a life in and out of a squad, on the subs bench, and prejudicing his England career.

Ultimately, he chose cash over career. Thats his choice to make, and not one worth cheering or booing about.

I'm sure if he starts on the bench, he will know he would have been playing if only he's stayed still. We will also know how the citeh fans slag him off, and how villa fans sang his name. I'm sure he will have regrets, who doesnt when you change jobs and it doesnt quite work out.

I suspect he may regret the move later on, if citeh dont actually win anything, and will realise a medal you won by spending 90 mins on a bench is worth as much as no medal what so ever. But at the moment, when he drives in his Aston/Bentley/Ferrarri home to his house made of gold bricks, those regrets will quickly vanish.

To us, he's a no one anymore. Not at Villa long enough to be anyhting more than a small byline in our history. Could have been a legend, chose instead to be very very rich. Its only when you retire, and realise you didnt really need all that cash, that he will realise how good he had it at Villa.

Â