James Milner's Return to Villa Park

maqroll

English player in their squad... yes they probably won't use him, yes it was alot of money but they needed another English player in the squad and they thought they'd get Milner and weaken other teams around them in the process, Milner fell for the bait thinking he will play there and now it seems the bench is his new home.

Lets no forget we offered him a very good deal. I think he was on around £45k per week and it was rumoured we offered him £80-£85k. Ok he no doubt got more at City but not much. For that he gets to play on the wing when he prefers the centre and worse still he is just a squad member who gets his chances from the bench.

I really rated him as a 17 year old at Leeds and was made up when we signed him. Loved him in a Villa shirt and loved his attitude and commitment even more. Sadly he made a really duff move based largely on money.

Only conciliation was the crazy money City paid for him spoilt slightly by Ireland being part of the deal.

To be fair I think he wanted to win something as well. He saw O'Neill in the transfer market and could see we were never getting above 6th with him.

Man City are currently 3rd, we're 16th.

He just misjudged how much he'd be playing. I'd have him back no trouble.

They could buy him so they did. He could get more money so he did. He could have played every week and stayed where he was as more than someone fans can take or leave as well as stay in the England team but like many players before him and many that will follow chose money above loyalty and ambition. He has made his bed (or bench) so he can lie (or sit) on it! He can regret that decision as he counts his extra money....

I wouldn't boo him, its just the predatory nature of the game football.

I am not as bitter and twisted as some over Milner mainly because I don't rate him as highly as some.

I think Ash is a better player and I think Albrighton will be eventually.

Milner made a choice to go for a large increase in wages. Who here wouldn't.

He also chose to move from a club where he could do little wrong, was arguably already a big fish in a small pond, for a life in and out of a squad, on the subs bench, and prejudicing his England career.

Ultimately, he chose cash over career. Thats his choice to make, and not one worth cheering or booing about.

I'm sure if he starts on the bench, he will know he would have been playing if only he's stayed still. We will also know how the citeh fans slag him off, and how villa fans sang his name. I'm sure he will have regrets, who doesnt when you change jobs and it doesnt quite work out.

I suspect he may regret the move later on, if citeh dont actually win anything, and will realise a medal you won by spending 90 mins on a bench is worth as much as no medal what so ever. But at the moment, when he drives in his Aston/Bentley/Ferrarri home to his house made of gold bricks, those regrets will quickly vanish.

To us, he's a no one anymore. Not at Villa long enough to be anyhting more than a small byline in our history. Could have been a legend, chose instead to be very very rich. Its only when you retire, and realise you didnt really need all that cash, that he will realise how good he had it at Villa.

completely agreew ith all of this

They could buy him so they did. He could get more money so he did. He could have played every week and stayed where he was as more than someone fans can take or leave as well as stay in the England team but like many players before him and many that will follow chose money above loyalty and ambition. He has made his bed (or bench) so he can lie (or sit) on it! He can regret that decision as he counts his extra money....

I disagree with elements of this. His move to Citeh "could" have been all about ambition. He wanted to play at the top level and in the CL and backed himself thinking he was good enough to get in Citeh's starting XI. I also think he is but that the fool Mancini doesn't know what team to pick.

Buying Dzecko means that he is either trying to fit two strikers into a 4-3-3, so one will have to play wide and become less effective when he has good wide players in Johnson, Silva and to a lesser extent SWP, or plays a 4-4-2 and, because he likes to play a central three, is devoid of width. His central three is also very defensive and is missing the drive of a Gerard/Lampard type - crazy when he has got Jimmy rotting on the bench!

Â