James Milner's Return to Villa Park

maqroll

I'm willing to bet he'd have preferred to be starting in the Villa side today, playing the whole game, instead of rotting on the bench with a bunch a players who can't speak English. Well, Barry was there with him for a while.... Laughing

Still, what a waste of talent. Sad, really.

You know what, seeing how crap the league has been at the top this year, had he stayed, and ergo MON stayed, and Lerner gave MON the Bent cash (ok its speculative), we'd be in the top 4-6 again, and Milner would be playing week in week out.

Word removed indeed.

Such a shame, If he'd have given us another season or two he'd have been picked up by UTD, or even Spurs who do so much a better job of choosing the right squad/players (or even we could have been in a CL spot) instead he left, and i believe it wasnt just for money, but because he truly he believed he would be a fundamental part of their squad along with Barry, unfortunately it hasnt worked out for him. Expect him and Barry to both leave over the next season or two.. Barry maybe to a midtable club and Milner to a CL club (maybe Liverpool? could be great for them - if they have the money to invest for a CL spot again) I'd gladly take him back as our work horse in the centre.

Makoun---Milner

Albs---Young---Downing

---------Bent

Milner going forward with attacks and getting back when needed, Makoun holding down the fort and playing passes to the wingers. Would be gorgeous.

Yum.

Poor bloke. Idiotic decision in hindsight on his part

I'm willing to bet he'd have preferred to be starting in the Villa side today, playing the whole game, instead of rotting on the bench with a bunch a players who can't speak English. Well, Barry was there with him for a while.... :lol:

Still, what a waste of talent. Sad, really.

I'm in total agreement with you there mate. Surely players know when they move to Man City they can't all get a game. I would love him to still be at Villa and I feel in the next year Milner will be on the move again unfortunately as he is too far down in Mancini's pecking order.

Such a shame, If he'd have given us another season or two he'd have been picked up by UTD, or even Spurs who do so much a better job of choosing the right squad/players

100% Agree, as much as I hate UTD, he should have waited another season or so and gone to them (or Spurs as you say) rather than jumping at the money when you obviously aren't guaranteed many starts. As much as i'd still have him back, it's hard to respect a player like that, but meh, it's his career to waste.

On a side note, all the idiots saying Bent went for the money like Milner, that rubbish. Bent is guaranteed to play almost whenever he's fit (certainly if he keeps scoring), Milner will never ever have that at City.

He warmed up for 15-20 minutes, got called over to come on and then Mancini changed his mind. I looked over to see if he was coming on and his body language was very down. Compare this to when he was bossing our midfield last year, scoring the pen at wembley and the pen against the blues. It such a shame to see him being wasted as lets face it, last year he was tipped for massive things with England.

I think he knows he made an error leaving and given the chance, he would have left it another year to improve. He has gone backwards and for a player with that talent, it's a shame!

Side note too, during the warm up he scored some amazing goals! Such a waste being on their bench but hey I guess that extra money softens a blow to your ambition. It's a shame because I always thought Milner was a player with pride and passion and wouldn't sell himself to the first buyer.

Also with regards to the warm up, what the **** is a Jo? He was hitting the corner flag or row Z without fail.

Side note too, during the warm up he scored some amazing goals! Such a waste being on their bench but hey I guess that extra money softens a blow to your ambition. It's a shame because I always thought Milner was a player with pride and passion and wouldn't sell himself to the first buyer.

Also with regards to the warm up, what the **** is a Jo? He was hitting the corner flag or row Z without fail.

I agree, I thought he was a real blue collar type of player, full of grit and determination. Had he stayed with us, he'd be on the way to legend status, but he chose a few more million over the millions he was already getting here. I don't feel sorry for him, I feel sorry for all the fans who thought he was a true Villan.

I agree, I thought he was a real blue collar type of player, full of grit and determination. Had he stayed with us, he'd be on the way to legend status, but he chose a few more million over the millions he was already getting here. I don't feel sorry for him, I feel sorry for all the fans who thought he was a true Villan.

I dont hold anything against him and can't understand why he don't play, maybe t was just a case of buying the competitions best players? I know one thing and that is counting the zeros on his bank balance is going to begin to bore him and he is going start to wonder why he spent all those extra hours on the training pitch the past few years just to be sitting on the bench, remember this guy thus guy has a passion for playing.

Â