The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

General Krulak here:

1. Villain vs. Villan: YUCK!!!! I have called John Greenfield to get that off the Nike web. Amazing!! Obviously, they do not run that type of thing through the Club.

2. Changing rooms: When we do the North End of VP, we will be putting in a new store with dressing rooms.

3. Half-Season Tickets from the start of the season. We have never done that and I don't see us starting now.

4. David_Copenhagen: I just spoke to Nicky Keye and she indicated that if you called her, she could organize a scheme for you to purchase your season ticket and pay like the Fans do in England. As for the CL....I don't see it changing.

Hey General,

My questions is, and I'm not sure if this is one you can answer properly right now...

Must we sell in order to buy? Even if it means selling the players who arnt quite making the first team. I know you have said many times, 'When has Randy not supported the manager', which I agree with... But then, we have always sold a player of some sort anyway. For the past three seasons, they have been key. So, if we fail to make anymore from sales, will this mean that we will have just the Young money to spend, maybe a tad more? Or do you see it as we don't really need a massive influx of players, and we will just replace Young?

Either way is cool, it's just, last summer was quite frustrating, as we didn't bring anyone in. Not sure why that was?

Just be good to know because I'm on holiday in august for a week and I spent loads last year looking at various sites on mobile and texts to mates for transfer news and there wasn't any :(

Cheers General! You the best!!

General,

do not sell Stewart Downing on the cheap.

We should be looking at at least £20m.

Also, do not accept any Liverpool player (reject) in exchange for example David NGog.

We need to stand firm here and not get screwed over by Liverpool.

Thanks

TRS-T

Hi Gen,

As others have posted, any news on a home/goalkeeper kit reveal?

Oh and ill echo other posters sentiments by saying please tell 'King' Kenny to pull his head out of his brown passage. Henderson £20million + Carroll £35 million = Downing 15million? Piss off you bin dipping arseholes.

Ahem.

So yeah, about that home kit reveal.........

UTV!

Good to see you back General.

To echo the thoughts before, if Downing wants to leave and we want to sell, the bear minimum has to be £24 million, especially bearing in mind the price they have paid for Henderson and Carroll. I have to say that id Downing has suggested that he wants to leave, I would let him go but tell him that this is our price end of. I hope AM brings in players who want to play for us rather than take the mick out of us and Downing is doing this big time, bearing in mind we signed him on crutches!

Could you advise when the home kit is being released, as my son's are debating whether to hold on or have what is an excellent away kit?

Have you had chance to meet AM and if so what are your initial thoughts? While I wasn't happy at the time, from his press conference, I got the impression that he really wanted to manage Aston Villa. Mind you after managing them!!

General,

What steps are the club making to ensure that we don't have as bad a season as we had last year.

Forgive me if I'm wrong, but appointing a Championship standard manager and selling our two best creative players (yes, Downing hasn't gone yet, but we all know he will) isn't particularly inspiring confidence.

Thanks

Hi General. An question of not that much importance, but for me it is.

I know we play away at DCFC on August 3rd in a friendly, i am currently living in Derby and have missed going to the villa, so despite being a friendly this is a must go for me.

Ticket prices have been announced on the DCFC website for, im guessing home fans. When will we hear something from AVFC?

Hi General

Trust you don't mind me asking this again. Well, come on, at least it's not a transfer question or a question about the manager! :)

I mentioned this a couple of times a while back and you said you would look into it this. My question is: why did we pair claret shorts with the home shirt away from home whenever there was a clash of shorts colours? Firstly, I'm not sure it's even necessary to change shorts colour at all (watch the season review and note how many teams wore white shorts at Villa Park last season. Many referees obviously didn't feel that represented a clash). Secondly, if we do change shorts colours, it looks so much better to have a contrast of colours. This is why through the years, we have generally chosen sky blue shorts to go with the home shirt whenever we needed to change shorts away from home.

Obviously, given the design of the new away strip, there will be the temptation to wear claret shorts again at Everton, Blackburn, West Brom etc. But blue would look so much better. As Randy is known to be a purist, I hope he will agree that:

This...

paul_robinson_gabriel_agbonlahor_454x320.jpg

Looks much classier than this...

gabby_agbonlahor_1367611c.jpg

Please could you ask Randy about this, I would be very interested to know what he thinks. I have raised this because I'm an old-fashioned romantic who wants Aston Villa to display as much class as possible in every area.

Many thanks.

General,

Spurs leading by example tonight. A segment from an article with their chairman Daniel Levy:

Levy is adamant money is not a factor in the decision, insisting Spurs will not change their position if Chelsea or any other club come in with a higher bid.

He said "It would make no difference. This is not about money. We're not selling our best players."

The last sentence speaks volume about where we are as a club and where Spurs are. This is the reason they are still challenging for CL football. It a shame because 3years ago we were better than them but then...we sold our best players.

General, you will already know one of these two facts:

1) The darkest hour is just before the dawn.

2) After I observed the actions of all this summer's participants and considerable thought, I renewed my three season tickets on Friday 17th June 2011. It was quite a day.

:flag:

Hi General,

Dont know if you've seen this latest bit of "news" in the press? More Negative Crap

I know it's just the press spinning things to suit thier own agenda, the real story is proably more like Randy just trying to get a reasonable settlement. However, we do seem to be on the end of a media kicking at the moment; our selves and Arsenal are flavour of the month in this respect.

This constant bombardment cant be doing our commercial interests and morale (both player & fans) any good.

Could I ask your good selves to take the fight to them and go on the offenseive? Maybe get the PR guys to start "leaking" some good news stories!

On another note, I'm glad to see you have persevered with posting on this and other sites, cant have been easy over the last season but it is a unique forum for fans to have a direct line of communication to the board and much appreciated by this Villan.

UTV!

HI General;

Do you think its fair to say we are competing with the Stokes and the Sunderlands of this world now rather than the Spurs and Liverpools? If it is the latter, i hope everyone hurrys up and gets there arses in gear before moral drops through the floor. I mean the manager has been here 3 weeks now and nothing... absolutely nothing, not even any backroom staff. This is starting to become a Martin O'Neill transfer window.

I really do hope that after making the most ridiculous managerial appointment since Maradonna was given the Argentina job and selling another top quality player (3 in 3 years will it be 4?) we need some hope, because in the last 5 transfer windows we've spent approximately £10.5 million net. I do understand that we cant keep splashing out, but after the initial outlay which got us competing with Spurs, Arsenal and Everton it seems like weve given up, and we hope a good crop of youngsters will push us forward(if we dont sell them). It all seems remarkably similar to what was happening 10 years ago under Doug Ellis. Getting so close and giving up and losing our best players. This is why us Villa fans are probably more fickle than most. Years of false dawns and empty promises and nearly making it but just not giving it that extra push.

I can honestly say this is my lowest point as a Villa fan. Yes weve had worse teams in my 22 years watching Villa, infact the 6 months prior to Lerner buying the club was low, but there was a glimpse of a new dawn, it just seems to me the new dawn just turned out to be just another day...

Over to you, i still have a little glimmer of hope, but its fading fast.

Ashley Young. A fine player who made it abundantly clear that he wanted out. We got the price we were asking and we sold. This happens all the time in the Premiership. It signals NOTHING.

Hi General, honest question. Why do you think our best players 'want out' year after year?

General

A question if I may on an issue that truly concerns me. You've said many times (when refering to the likes of Barry, Milner, Young ...) that the club can't keep players who make it clear they want to go.

My concern is, if they all expressed desire to leave, can I ask why (to my knowledge at least) not a single one of them issued a transfer request to the club ?

Surely any player wanting out, should be told by the club to issue a transfer request ?. This would then stop arguments among supporters about whether we need to sell to buy and also save the club paying out loyalty bonuses to players jumping ship.

Lets say Stewart Downing meets McLeish and the board on Friday, he sits down and says 'I want out'. Fair enough, we say 'Submit your transfer request and if a club meet our xxx valuation you'll be sold'. If the player/agent refuse then surely its within our power as employees to say 'well you're staying then' ?

I know that all sounds simplistic. But are we really to believe a club can no longer insist a player wanting out submits his request to leave in writing ?

Thanks Ulver

PS : When we inevitably sell Downing, a fee of less than 20m would be absolutely criminal. And I don't mean with add ons.

General,

Real shame we keep losing our best players but the club have certainly made a massive profit on them. James Milner signed for 12 mill and sold for approx 25 mill ( inc Stephen Ireland ), Ashley Young signed for 9 mill and sold for approx 20 mill and now Downing who it seems likely will be sold for around a 10 mill profit. That's over 30 mill profit on just three players. Is this a policy the club will be looking to continue and do you believe in Mcleish you have a manager capable of signing players of the right age for reasonable amounts who can then be sold on for big profits a couple of years later?

Also where do you think the policy of selling off our best players will lead us?

By the way I have renewed my three season tickets although I know many others who haven't. Can you say how season ticket sales are going in comparison to previous seasons?

Kind Regards

Mark