The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

General, I'd like to wish you and yours a happy 4th July.

But I'm not going to.

For offences great and infamous against the Crown you must present General George Washington and other ringleaders for trial and summary execution at Tyburn.

Do this, lay down your arms and swear allegiance to the Crown and you and your people will be spared and pardoned.

Do you accept these terms?

General , Happy 4th July

I for one am very grateful for Randy and his team, I also believe the board take a lot of unjust stick when you look and the money Randy has poured into the club and it is a very different club from what he took over. I certainly hope the abuse you and Randy take makes you more determined to succeed.

My only question, which remains unanswered is - when you gonna accept my fb friend request? (My username is a clue to who I am)

Thanks!!!

Hi General.

Are there any plans to add changing rooms to the villa village store at VP? i like to shop there as feels like im giving my support to the club directly (even if the merchandise is cheaper elsewhere). Many times have I and others not purchased an item, as we could not try it on and the last thing you want to do is go back to the store if it can be avoided, with wrong sizes, for example.

With last seasons kit, which the sizes came up very small, people were getting free shirt printing and assuming a large was fine, as a large in the previous kit was spot on, but it was not the case.

As it could not be changed because of the printing, the people i know of had to wear the tops very tight and whilst I took the piss every chance I got, it could have been avoided.

So, in a nutshell, can we look at getting some changing rooms?

Cheers

General

I'm sorry, I dont know how to do links, but if you have a quick minute can you see the kit 2011-2012 thread (or if someone can produce it here I would be grateful).

On it , if it is correct is a t-shirt advertised on the Nike website with the word "Villains" on it. I really hope this is incorrect, as , if it is real, is another disaster with our Nike / villa tie in.

Now, I know even some of our fans (and even a famous website !!!) get this wrong, but surely to god the person who works for the club must know.

We are, and always have been "Villans"

Please advise.

By the way, I am yet to renew my three season tickets, I am awaiting the next weeks dealings, I will then see.

General Krulak here:

1. Yes, we would like to get a quality pre season at VP.

2. 4th of July...hamburgers, corn on cob, baked beans and ice cream.

3. Mazrim: No way!! And if you want to get back the Union Jack that now resides in our living room you will have to come get it.

4. back room staff: They will be announced soon...by our Manager.

5. PKAVFC: Until we get the changing rooms, just ask to go in the back where you can, in fact, change.

6. Yes, you will see action this summer.

General Krulak here:

5. PKAVFC: Until we get the changing rooms, just ask to go in the back where you can, in fact, change.

So is there a plan to build some changing rooms at the store at Villa Park?

I have asked if I can try things before and told to do it on the shop floor and got the impression we cannot just ask to go out the back. A cubicle would be good!

Just a minor gripe, but if executed, would only help with the shopping experience at the store.

thanks for the reply.

General,

Somebody has posted up a link to a new piece of Nike merchandise, link Here. As with all merchandise, I expect someone looks at these and they are approved from the club.

Given, shall we say, PR 'difficulties' we have been experiencing during this summer, I really don't wish the club to walk into another hall of amusement.

I hope the board know that some fans are understandably a bit miffed by goings on, and that we can't afford many more difficulties that will irritate the fan base.

So, bearing the obvious in mind as written above, can you please clarify the following:

1) 'Villans' are fans of Aston Villa FC

2) 'Villians' are bad guys in comic books and films.

(I'm not trying to be funny, condescending or difficult just in case this is taken the wrong way, and I do think it's actually pretty important, but that's my own opinion).

Dear General

Glad to see you back. Please know that there is a lot of us that has not lost faith.

How about some kind of way for foreign fans to buy a season ticket - like a time share scheme?

And how can we foreign fans help to build a fan base in our countries?

Lastly one more question - what are the clubs feelings regarding the CL and the combination of the fair play rules. IMO it makes it almost impossible for the clubs outside CL to get in - see CL thread

Thanks

David

Hi General,

One of my fellow posters mentioned selling a half season ticket from the beginning of the season, I think it's a good idea, what do you think?

Rather than duplicate, Can I add my vote to this suggestion.

Hi General,

I would also like to add my vote to selling a 'Half Season Ticket' from the start of the season. I'm off to America on a Football Scholarship in January so it would be ideal for me.

Hope you are well sir.