The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

Pass it on to Randy that.. most the villa fans are disappointed that no attempts were made to Ancelotti.

If Steve McLaren signs.. prepare for the first average crowds under 30k.

Hi General,

I'm not going to slate you or Randy for crap that comes out in the press as we don't know what effort has been made to secure a manager.

However, I will agree that if you check the voting system 4 people out of 611 so far want McLaren as manager. I would also imagine that it has nothing to do with being linked with Ancelotti. As such, I'm really hoping he hasn't even made the shortlist for an interview.

Cheers

JS

Hi General hows the season tickets going? I have to admit to holding back on renewal until I am sure Maclaren is not taking over and I have to say I would of renewed even if we had been relegated so that says something

Hi General,

Appoint me as manager, I managed to win the champions league for 4 years running, club world championships, the league 5 times and the FA cup aswell as league cup. I don't think you can discard my football manager credentials.

In all seriousness, I trust that the board has our best interests at heart....but if you are struggling - drop me a PM!!

Regards

Blaineyboy

General,

Im not too fussed with the ongoing news around vp as most of it is not effected by what I think, however the club belongs to us the fans and one thing I think we can change is the atmosphere with the clubs contribution.

With the abolishment of terraces, smoking and the huge inflation of the price of beer (especially in the ground...) the atmosphere is dying.

My suggestion is, instead of the bland opening anthem we and many other clubs have, we use something unique (and actually uplifting) I feel that on the large screen an image of a lion roaring (with a claret and blue tint?) subsequently followed by a roar as the players walk out is surely more vigourating than that of what i've been uninspired by for many seasons as a season ticket holder.

Thanks!

I don't know how you put up with it General!! If it's McClaren, then it's McClaren, he has a good track record and has something to prove. I wish people would just support whoever is appointed rather than threatening to 'abandon' the club!

Good luck with the search General and I'm sure Randy will appoint the best man for the job, whether thats McClaren or someone else.

general

I've never posted on your thread. but here's the warning - and I speak for thousands:

Pete

Post the names of these "thousands" you speak for. You don't speak for me and I'm sure many others on here wouldn't want you speaking for them either.

Hi General,

I sometimes wonder how much longer Randy will put up with our fickle fans...I'm sure yourself, Randy, Paul and the other board members are doing what you think is best for the club, sadly you will get some fans who will not agree with whatever choice you make.

General could you say how many managers were on the list to choose from?

Good luck with the choice as the fickles are already out in force.

General, I strongly urge you to read this board in regards to steve mcclaren. He is very unpopular amongest supporters and if appointed you will see attendeces drop and everyone lose faith in randy and the board.

He would be against it from day one so I hope you have no intention of appointing him as next villa manager

Thanks

If its McClaren, General

1) The board and Randy will be questioned and faith in him will go down.

2) I fear for attendances.

3) I fear for season ticket sales.

4) Why hire someone that the supporters will not get behind one bit, not just at Villa but the entire country?

Rijkaard, Benitez (although again controversial but he grinds out results), Jol or Moyes - will continue the faith in the board.

In the words of Ian Taylor, Graham Taylor and Shaun Teale, get on with it!

Despite the hysteria over this, that and the other (And I'm just as equally guilty as anyone else I admit!) one poster on another thread (I forget which) did raise a sensible query:

Do you think Mr. Lerner can afford to suitably support both Aston Villa and the Cleveland Browns? Probably not worded the best as you're hardly going to say 'no'! But it's more an issue of, despite all the good Randy has done for both clubs, would he not be better serving one club and giving them all his time (and investment) rather than trying to split resources between the two?

Is it better to have one world beater than two mediocre teams? I must admit I'm not overly aware of American Football and it's requirement but I think it's a legitimate question to ask. Most people would prefer one good car rather than two bangers!

I imagine it's a question that's almost impossible to answer (especially on an open forum) but it must be a question that has to be asked in a time when, especially in British football, it's the pound (dollar?!) that does the talking unfortunately.

Hi general - how is the manager search coming along?

Can you do anything to ease fans' worries about steve mclaren. Any manager out there could really improve us after last season, with the exception of mclaren! I know you can't comment on who we may get but can you rule out someone who would be a very unpopular choice?

We have faith... UTV!

It amazes me after the dithering that was done with Houllier (should have been sacked in December) that we now have the worry that Steve McLaren is the number one choice to replace him!

Talk about compounding an error! :bang:

I really do hope the Board make a more sensible choice and appoint a manager who the fans actually want - particularly after the last appointment.

My question to you General is - do you realise who the majority of fans want as manager and does that carry some importance in the decision making process?

Hi General,

i was just reading that Jurgen Klinsmann was Randy original choice of manager before MON was appointed by Deadly and was just wondering if there was any truth in that? If that was the case i would love Randy to go back to his original choice as i think he would be the ideal candidate to take the club forward. What he did with Germany and Bayern speaks for itself and he could establish the club for success for years to come....and he has premiership experience!

keep the faith!

UTV

general

As a loyal fan who travels to home and away games since 1983 i don't think i have ever felt so sick to the stomach with the thought of the man who broke many people's hearts when he failed with england and a abundance of football talent even setting foot near our beloved club.

Please for the sake of sanity do not allow steve mclaren to get the most prized job in football as i don't think i could entertain the idea of going to another match with him in charge.

These opinions are my own and i speak only for myself.

A VERY PROUD ASTON VILLA REGULAR

thank you for your time.

graham