The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

General.

Credit where its due, GH got it spot on yesterday, the football was very good especially in the second half.

It seems that his footballing philosophy is gradually taking hold, and by that I mean keeping posession of the ball, being patient, building, waiting for the chance to appear.... rather than bludgeoning the opposition into submission. I think its going to take us fans a while to adjust as we are used to the previous managerial regimes style of football, long balls up to the big strikers or down the channels and cross it in to the big strikers etc... The fans got impatient in the first half as it was the old style they were expecting and what they got looked slow and unexciting in comparison, but once the majority of fans could see what the plan was they sat back and enjoyed it, and it was enjoyable. We played proper football and I for one would rather watch this brand as opposed to the kick and run style of the last few years. Admittedly Blackburn were poor but you can only beat the team that is in front of you.

Lastly may I say that Kyle Walker is a breath of fresh air, he has everything that fans want to see, passion, skill, pace and honesty........it would be a massive plus to sign him permanently.

Thanks.

Dan.

General Krulak here:

1. micfair: Nicky Keye would like to contact you. Could you please give her a call and tell her about your concerns. Thank you.

2. jackbauer: We are in negotiations now...and do NOT want another delay in the arrival of new kit.

3. markavfc40 and denis_b: The Club did not feel the issue of the sponsor was something that was critical to share with fans...and it certainly had nothing to do with kit sales. Negotiations surrounding the issue of FXPro and a new sponsor were not something that would benefit anyone if splashed on the front page of every paper in the UK.

4 dodgyknees: Believe me, we try very hard to get our kit into every sports shop...and Nike works hard too. Simply put, it is really up to the shop. They measure the requirement and if it isn't there, then it is hard to get them to take the kit.

5. lukedaw and guus: I thought it was a good game. I personally can see exactly what GH is doing with the Club and I think guus has it spot on. He is inculcating a different style into our play and it is a style that I think is appropriate. The more we work at it, the better we will become. As we add to the squad, it will become more apparent.

FX Pro: This sponsorship issue (the end of contract with FX Pro) took place awhile back. Not sure why the papers just picked up on it.

Probably because they didn't know?

The Club did not feel the issue of the sponsor was something that was critical to share with fans

In that case General the club got it wrong....... it is of great interest and concern to many fans who the sponsor is and in all honesty given it was supposedly a longer contract then fans purchasing the shirt - even if the design changes slightly - were of the opinion the sponsor wasn't changing.

With all that has been said about constantly changing shirt designs and sponsors don't you think it should have been 'shared' ?

Hi General

Having seen Villa and Blackburn (league match), and Arsenal and Birmingham (cup match) all wear the same coloured shorts this weekend, I am guessing that means that we are not obliged to wear all claret on Wednesday at Manchester City, as in previous seasons? Did you manage to get an answer on the kit clashes issue from your people at Villa Park?

General,

just read an article on our latest financial figures and it is frightening to see how much money Randy is having to put in just to keep us going. Is Randy able to see a pont where he doesn't need to keep doing this or are we gong to have to cut back drastically and reduce the number of players and the wage bill?

I am not a financial expert but it would seem to me that we are in a perilous situation should anything happen that meant Randy couldn't support us any longer.

Finally please pass on my gratitude to the man who has now spent over £200m on our club

General Krulak here:

1. FXPro: As I indicated, it does the Club no good to discuss details of a business transaction publicly...for many reasons that I am sure are apparent.

2. Fuse: I think we all need to trust Randy and that he knows what he is doing. He is not going to do anything that knocks the wheels off of our efforts.

General K

I am raging at what I am watching and the team selected tonight. GH has decided to chuck a chance of winning the Fa cup away by picking the weakest team he could have if the first team available.

Single handledly he has probably lost support of fans and expect fans to be equally apathetic when season ticke sales come around.

General, you better put the tin hat on.

I cannot put into words how disappointed I am with the team selection and first half performance tonight. Why on earth do we need to make 8 changes to a winning team? We can't be tired, we just had a fortnight off!

I cannot believe how out of touch the management at the club are if they think that the FA cup means less than the league. We have a fantastic draw in the QF and we are about to throw it away tonight.

Put whatever spin you want on it but our season is about to end in 45 minutes.

Utterly dismayed and disgusted,

Bully

General, you told me a while ago that there are people working with the defense. If you are watching the game you will have seen an interesting analysis by Gareth Southgate and Gordon Strachan - our defensive organisation at set pieces is simply not acceptable at this level or any level. Would you go into battle with unprepared troops? I believe this is a serious failing on behalf of the management and should be addressed immediately - if it is not too late already.

I hope you are aware of heartache the Villa fans on that broadcast are currently feeling, having travelled on a freezing night - maybe this will be different at the final whistle, but by taking that snapshot you will have an idea of why season ticket revenue will fall next season.

The management of this football club are making an absolute mockery out of the fans who pay their wages.

The blues win a cup and show they want it, we make major changes and don't look interested. Why is this?

Can you please do an analysis of the water used a Bodymoor Heath? There must be something in it that effects our Managers sense of judgement when selecting teams. 1st MON and now GH. My heart sank when I saw that team. You do not put out a weakened team (no Ash, no Downing, no Albrighton) when you play a top team in the last 16 of the cup. if we were away to ManU next round you might have second thoughts but we were so close to Wembley and maybe the final with the teams left. Why throw it away????

I tell you general. Check that water, it is contaminated with something bad and makes you bring your best players on when it is all too late. Another bumby ride ahead General, just when we seemed to be sorting ourselves out. Sigh!!

TAKEN FROM THE BBC WEBSITE

2115: Anyone think Gerard Houllier should be fined for disrespecting the FA Cup tonight? Villa have just brought on Stewart Downing and Ashley Young - at 3-0 down away at Manchester City. Utterly ridiculous.

City goal: Oh Villa. You broke the FA Cup's heart tonight, you truly did. Man City it up as Pablo Zabaleta plays a neat one-two and crosses from the right and when Chris Herd's header falls to David Silva right on the edge of the penalty area, the Spaniard takes a touch and rifles a low drive past Brad Friedel.

Dear General

Whilst no doubt you will not be able to say too much in response, can you relate to the fact that (like many, many of our supporters tonight), I am absolutely hopping with rage that our two best players were left on the bench? I really am furious. Our team would have struggled to beat this City team even with Downing and Young, but....well....talk about going out without your coat on and then complaining its cold!

Can I add a further thought? My season ticket costs me £550 and petrol to attend just the league games is £800. Like thousands of supporters, I still take my football very seriously despite the recession and despite the problems the club has had. But each little episode like tonight just makes it harder and harder to justify the time, the expense and the emotional cost of it all.

Hi General, could just please pass on my thanks to Mr Houllier for the abject surrender of the FA Cup before a ball was even kicked tonight. Oh and thanks for everything this season. It's been an unmitigated disaster since day one.

Yours truly, one seriously pissed off Villa fan.

General,

Whenever you appoint the next manager - be it in six days or six years - please make it your top priority that it is a manager who will play the best players the club has fit in every game.

I'm sick to death of us throwing away competitions. It's embarrassing. That's two mangers in a row now.

Echo all of the previous thoughts on the team selection for tonight.

Why put ourselves on the back foot even before a ball is kicked?

Is Randy fully behind the managers team selection tonight in a competition that we were only two wins away from a semi final appearance at Wembley?

The day Aston Villa do not take the Fa Cup seriously is a day the club loses heritage and reputation as a big club.

Utter **** disgrace and shows how out of touch the club is with it's fanbase as if you knew what this cup means to us you would know never to disrespect this competition.

Our first home quarter final draw since 1960 as a prize and the Liverpool fan treats it like a pre season friendly.

You can have my season ticket back.