The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

4. villarocker: Top 4 is absolutely our goal...and I honestly think that we will do it. We will strengthen the squad again, everyone will be settled in and comfortable...we will be huge!

I sincerely hope so, General! It'd be great to see some large scale success at this club.

Carrying on from that, why do you think it is that we have had to wait for so long for some silverware? I know we won the League Cup in 1996, but that was when I was 3! I've seen nothing, and we haven't won the FA Cup since 1957.

I'm just curious as to your thoughts on why we haven't managed to win any of these recently? (I know we've come pretty close, LC Final last season, FA Cup semis last season, FA Cup final 2000 etc)

General,

PLEASE can we sort out the ticketing website, its becoming a joke. Today I am eligible to get tickets for the Bolton away game, but the site will not let me buy them. I had the same problem with the Blackburn home game, I had to wait untill they went on GS before I could get them in, even though I had enough booking history to get them earlier. Everytime someone mentions this on here we get the same reply that Nicky is looking at it etc.. the only thing that has been done is the plan of VP has changed from yellow and green to claret and blue, a couple of cosmetic changes is not what this site needs!!! Even Wigan have a better site than us, thats embarrasing.

Attendances are not good this year, it doesn't help that some people cant buy tickets from the site due to the rubbish website!!

Well done to the club for todays instore signing session General!

Was well organised and they even started signing early, possibly due to the huge queue.

The little nephew was well chuffed he got to meet all 3. Especially Makoun his new Villa hero

Thanks!

General Krulak here:

1. Christchurchvillan: Sorry, as I looked at my answer I can see where it might look a bit "brief." The issue would simply be expense...when we look at the best return on investment, the idea just wouldn't make sense. Right now, we are focused on putting our money against things that will bring us up in the tables and be a good return for us.

2. Ponty: We are constantly looking at ways to increase the visibility of the Villa around the world. The truth be told, we need to simply be winner if we really want to be known world-wide. So, the key is to take the sort of action needed to win on the Pitch. If we have a good, consistent, sparkling play on field, type of Squad, we will be seen around the world. That is our goal.

3. I did not give Randy a present...I confess. He is a VERY hard man to buy a present for!!

4. jasethevilla: You ask the $64,000 question! Again, speaking ONLY as a Fan and one who has been a Villa Fan for a much shorter time than most...my sense is that we have not been consistently in the "market" for long enough to build the type of depth and talent on the squad to be able to compete regularly and be in the hunt for silverware. Couple this with 4 teams who have pretty much a lock on things for the past decade and the problem becomes pretty obvious. I think that our Plan is a good one. Build from the inside and the outside...have a good infrastructure, good facilities and spend money wisely. The latter point is sometimes more difficult than at other times...historically. Our goal remains the same...to lift silverware!

2. Ponty: We are constantly looking at ways to increase the visibility of the Villa around the world. The truth be told, we need to simply be winner if we really want to be known world-wide. So, the key is to take the sort of action needed to win on the Pitch. If we have a good, consistent, sparkling play on field, type of Squad, we will be seen around the world. That is our goal.

I honestly don't think we have the right manager to make this happen. from what i remember of him when he managed Liverpool and from what i have seen now on the pitch, i don't expect you to comment on this post with the way the media are on this site. but i for one was going to get a season ticket until GH took charge of the club, i'm not saying everyone is like me but i wouldn't spend another cent on AVFC while he is here, he disrespected the club and its fans from the get go and imo that doesnt wash. like i said, i dont expect you to comment on this post. but i'd just like you to know why some fans may not be happy to part with there money.

HI general,

As per usual your doing a fantastic job on this website absolute legend...!

"Top 4 is absolutely our goal...and I honestly think that we will do it. We will strengthen the squad again, everyone will be settled in and comfortable...we will be huge"!

Hope your well and you get to catch the Villa as often as possible.

With the introduction of the UEFA financial fair play ruling being introduced next season briefly based on your knowledge how much does the club know about the UEFA financial fair play rule and what is its priority rank....!

PS are you a Bob Dylan fan.......................?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/football/competitions/premier-league/8297380/Chelsea-and-Manchester-City-confident-they-will-meet-Uefa-financial-fair-play-rules.html

General Krulak here:

1. markavfc40. We are expecting around 35,000 for the game.

2. Fran_Villa: Not sure what I can say to your post. I am very sorry that you won't be renewing your season ticket next year or that you won't be spending "another cent on Villa...." I have always felt that, as a Fan of any sport, I support the Team...and all that entails. I don't get mixed up in personalities or likes and dislikes...I support the Team...I support my Club. If you don't feel that way, then nothing I say or don't say will make a difference to you. Suffice it to say that I am sorry we will be losing your support at the games.

3. VILLAFC2000: I would say that our Club is very familiar with the UEFA financial fair play rule. I am not sure what you mean by "what is its priority rank"...but making more than you spend has got to rank up there in importance in any business. If you go too long operating "in the red", you won't have a business after time. Yes, I am a Dylan fan! :D

Morning General

Just a quick question about a merchandise issue that's been bugging me. This season we adopted the 'Team Purple' colour for a number of Nike items. Now for me personally, it's an absolute horrid colour but i'm more than aware that to someone else it may be beautfiul.

However, i'd love to know how this colour merchandise has sold over all if possible?

The main reason being I think I could count on one pair of hands the number of people i've seen wearing anything in that colour at a game.

This is in no way a moan, or a groan. I'm just genuinely interested in how it's performed on the sale side of things, because it's always struck me as one of those colours nobody would wear in a normal setting. And I do remember being quite alarmed when I first saw the range of gear unveiled.

Cheers Ulver

PS : The one piece of classic Villa leisure wear this season in my opinion is the retro zip up jacket. Sky blue with a bit of claret bits n bobs. I've seen those being worn a LOT all season, but it now seems to be unavailable. It surely must be one of the top sellers which makes its unavailability a bit odd. UTV!

Hi General,

Firstly a big thank you to the club for putting on the signing sessions this week at the Villa village, my 5 year old loved it.

Next though i wanted to know your opinion on why 2 senior players in Darren Bent and Richard Dunne saw fit to walk out of the sessions before all of the kids had the chance to meet them. We were 'lucky' enough to be in time to see Bent on Tuesday, but then on Thursday despite loads of people queing for hours outside Richard Dunne leaves after 1 hour, leaving loads of kids disapointed.

Is it really too much to expect these people, who are paid more in 1 week than most of the people in the queue earn in a year, to give up a little extra time and make sure the kids leave happy?

Gen

After seeing ticket information for the Man City cup game, there is no information whether tickets will go to 'away booking history' or 'general sale'? Also with the tickets being sold so close to the game and not living in Birmingham will there be tickets available to collect/buy at the stadium before the game?

Ta

General Krulak here:

1. FX Pro: This sponsorship issue (the end of contract with FX Pro) took place awhile back. Not sure why the papers just picked up on it. It is probably not a good idea to go into what has transpired other than to say that we will be paid throughout this season and that we already have sponsorships on the table. The issue did NOT have anything to do with our performance on the Pitch. We do not expect our shirts to be out late again.

2. Bebbo75: Obviously I am not sure why two of our players had to depart early. Was there a set time frame for the signing? Often players are required to get some work done by the physios...on a daily basis. That might have been why they had to leave. Whatever the case, we should have made sure that those people waiting understood the reason. We should have done better!!

3. villan2k8: Give our ticketing office a call....they can give you the answer.

General Krulak here:

1. FX Pro: This sponsorship issue (the end of contract with FX Pro) took place awhile back. Not sure why the papers just picked up on it. It is probably not a good idea to go into what has transpired other than to say that we will be paid throughout this season and that we already have sponsorships on the table. The issue did NOT have anything to do with our performance on the Pitch. We do not expect our shirts to be out late again.

I don't suppose you'd like to put a rough ballpark date on when we may hear about any new sponsors? This month, before April, before the end of the season or well after it? If it's now public knowledge that FxPro have dropped us then we should be allowed to announce who the new ones will be.

I take it that the next sponsorship is not fully sorted yet and maybe one of a number of companies but is there a rough deadline as to when it has to be sorted by so to avoid yet another year of shirt release disruptions?

I would hope neither of these questions are unreasonable to be in the public domain.

General Krulak here:

1. FX Pro: This sponsorship issue (the end of contract with FX Pro) took place awhile back.

General,

If the end of the contract with FX Pro took place a while ago why did the club not see fit to let the supporters know? also when exactly did all this take place?

Mark

Hi General

There is a massive following on the Isle of Wight, I myself have 8 close friends who follow the Villa. I also know of many more through these friends. Problem is, the local sports store does not cater for Villa fans and yet there are other minor clubs who have their shirts sold. I usually buy mine from Villa when I attend but some others cannot afford the price of travel (over £150) plus the ticket and also to buy Villa gear. What can the club do to "convince" the sports shops to stock Villa gear? I know it would sell!

Thanks