The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

General,

Good win today, impressed with the team. Had my free pie today so thanks for that too.

RE: the PA system, I'm in the Lower Holte and it sounded a LOT clearer so well done for sorting that out. But it's too loud! Turn it down!

General,

I understand that you don't spend as much time on these forums as you would like too, or have done in the past.

However, I have asked the question below 3 times in this thread alone and you have failed to neither acknowledge my question or offer any possible answer.

Tickets for troops is a National initiative aimed at offering free tickets to serving members of the Armed Forces and their spouses. The tickets offered are balloted and the winners of the tickets are drawn at random.

The initiative is being supported by a number of Premier League clubs, Chelsea, Bolton, Wigan, QPR, Fulham, Man City to name a few. It is also supported by a fair number of lower league clubs, including our neighbours, Birmingham City.

My question is, will Aston Villa be offering any tickets towards this initiative?

Sorry about the link, but the web address is: http://www.ticketsfortroops.org.uk/about-us.aspx

A hugely worthwhile cause, I am sure you will agree.

Charles,

What do you think the reason was for such a low attendance for a season opener today?

General Sir,

not often I comment in here, but can you please ask Randy to back McLeish with a couple more players before the window shuts, I think he really deserves that with the positive start he's made for us.

We have a decent core, and despite what many say we're not that far off being very good imo, but the season is long, and injuries and suspensions will be upon us sooner rather than later.

Is there any good reason that though it's been acknowledged that the PA system has always been crap, it's not got any better after so many years? I sat in the Lower Holte today and my ears have been ringing for the past 7 hours, it was bloody ridiculous.

Hi,

The beer in the holte suite was disgusting yesterday, both the fosters and heiniken tasted like bleach.

I have had a dodgy stomach since. I would like some official comment and a refund.

Great win but we still need more players. Blackburn are poor. Lets back AM and really send out a statement of intent this season.

Idea: Next pre season; we say to fans - If you commit to the club and buy a season ticket - if we hit a target of say, 30k season tickt holders you can all have your season tickets for £300. Good idea huh? Everyones a winner. The ground is full every home game, the fans also pay a great price to watch the club. Contact me if you want the rights to this idea :)

Please let Makoun go, anything you can get for him would be great. Anything to reduce the wage bill, we don't need midfielders, we shouldn't give anybody a chance. If there is a chance to sell somebody please do because our goal is to reduce our wage bill, not to play football, not to have quality in the squad, not to play attractive football. Our aim has to be to get the wage bill as low as possible, a pretty hotel and a nice new program, which was lovely. Any chance of this happening soon?

I mailed you before about myself and the Essex lads who travel approx 400 miles round trip, believe it or not after what I said we made the journey for the Blackburn game. Can you tell me and the other fans what the hell would have happend if Young and Downing stayed at villa this season something dosnt add up

Downing and Young Stay thats 37m club dont get and there high wages still on the books.

Please tell me why the club will not back AM there was such a grey cloud when he was appointed and you said about the manager being backed surely if the money has dried up thats wrong.

Fans will pull together if the whole story comes out if we have overspent then tell us, and if were still looking please tell us. AM will finds it very difficult when injuries come.

The youngsters are very good quality but not ready to play majority of the games.

Please General let us know where the villa are heading

General,

Who's decision was it to take away the Holte End ticket portacabins because they deserve to be shot. Collecting my ticket on saturday was an absolute nightmare, the collection spot by the Trinity Road stand was totally overwhelmed by the number of people, it was chaotic and the staff could not hear a word anyone was saying. We need more ticket collection areas around the ground to spread the queues, I've never witnessed anything so amateur as that in all my time watching Villa. Sort it out!

I told everyone that I would be on the site once a week.

General you haven't been on for nearly 2 weeks.. I understand your busy but it's far too convenient to bring up your job as an excuse, wouldn't surprise me if you come back once the window closes.

Can someone else from the club fill in?

General,

I'm currently having problems on a building site with a major national construction company 'over promising'.

they constantly promise things, then when they don't deliver we all sit in expensive meetings picking through the actual wording of what was promised and what was delivered.

Then I give a banal little talk on how it's better to under promise and exceed people's expectations.

Then I come on this thread....a well intentioned excellent prospect that's currently working against the club's best intentions. Don't give up on the thread, don't get thin skinned, do guard against enigmatic statements that we will interpret as a limitless pot of free money. If the thread is dead, could you tip off a mod so it can be locked and famed please. thanks.

I do know that's not a question, more a statement of the bleeding obvious.

General which statement do you most regret out of the following three?

1. Houllier is doing a remarkable job

2. Imagine what Mcleish would be like if he was backed

3. I'll only be on the site once a week

I hope the mods won't mind me saying this.

Come on guys, cut the General some slack. What if the man is ill? or what if he is away on holiday and taking in some sunshine with his family? Or, maybe (and this is wishful thinking!) he is aware of further potential player recruitment during this transfer window and keeping his head down until the deals are done before returning to the site to say "Now AM has been backed so you can all form an orderly queue to apologise".

In any of those instances, there would be a lot of people who would have to eat some humble so how's about we take a rest from the jibes until he at least returns!