The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

Hi General,

You once stated on here that Randy would fund the transfer of a £30m player if HE thought that it would be to the benefit of the team/club, or something along those lines. I believe that Randy has achieved that with the Darren Bent deal. If reports are to be believed that the fee was £18m plus £6m in add-ons, coupled with the wage over the full term of his contract, I guess you could say that the deal will be around £30m.

My question is; was that quote a one off? Were you saying that Randy would buy a single £30m player and that one is all we could ever look forward to? or, does your statement on here still remain open for any possible players with that value that may become available to us in the future?

Up The Villa!

General,

Considering we're in the nextgen tournament alongside some of the biggest clubs in Europe, why isn't there any coverage of the games on the official site?

We're currently playing Ajax and there's not even a text commentary going on on the OS!

With the club are currently looking at the youth players to supplement the first team and save on spending, shouldn't we give them as much coverage as possible?

Very disappointed with this as the tournament looks very good indeed.

Just on a sidenote regarding ticket sales, I would just like to let you know the experience I had.

I renewed, out of habit more than anything but I renewed. I have a 64yr old father who said he wasn't. On renewing mine, I said to the guy "Look, I am not promising, but my father is 64, 65 in a few months. If he was 65, he would get OAP rate (half price) , he is not going to renew at full price, if you want to keep him, it may be worth offering him the OAP rate"

Answer "Sorry, we cannot do that, if he wants a ticket he will have to pay full price" - and that was it !. So, congratulations, you have lost a season ticket holder of 40 yrs forever !.

I cannot believe how everything at the club has completely been obliterated over the past two years. Then, I prided myself that the club was customer friendly, would go out of their way to help etc..

Now, for some perverse reason, it seems they are doing everything possible to alienate fans.

If possible, could you (as I have asked before) give a prediction for the crowd against Blackburn.

In the words of Lou Reed "You're going to reep just what you sow".

General

My sister has just left the ticket office after trying to buy a disabled ticket for Saturday. She is very frustrated to be told only one person deals with disabilities and she is on lunch (who has their lunch between 3 & 4) and know one else can help her with her inquiries.

She made a special journey which means the whole effort of putting her son in the car and what that entails

I’m not saying she is not entitled to a lunch but surly some else in the whole office can help with disabilities, My sister was looking at getting a season ticket only to be told phone and ask for S**** when she is off her lunch.

She is not a very happy bunny at the moment and has said if they can’t be bothered why should she?

General

I have wrote a lot of stuff here recently, and you may not answer, I understand that. But would be grateful, if you do not reply to anything else, you reply to this.

The last fortnight proved there are more important things that football. I presume, even in America you saw the disgusting scenes that took place in London, Birmingham, Manchester , Wolverhampton and Liverpool.

I have a couple of questions.

1. Lets face it, there is every chance that some of these neangathols are fans of our club. You only have to walk past the Holte Hotel after a game to see these low-life all waiting there organising stuff. Can I ask what the club will do if any of these low life are found to attend our games ?

2. What will the club do to try and help identify them. Obviously we have Wolves next week. Surely handouts could be given out with pictures on, maybe the screens used to put them on. Advertise a txt number "if you see any of these people today, txt the location of the ground to this number" etc...etc..... . Maybe put the photos (which are available on the West Midlands Police website) on our website. Maybe if one of these lowlife is a ST holder, the person who sits by them could recognise them.

3. Will there be a minute silence for the tragic triple death that occurred. I live 50miles away from Birmingham but was tempted to come up for the funeral today. The father has acted with such courage and compassion, I just thought it would be the right thing. Unfort. i couldnt get time off work.

As said, if no other question gets answered, I would hope you look at this one. I bet some of our youngsters like Delfonouso , Gabby knew people were were affected by this.

Cheers

Holte Lower

The club shop in town has a sign up saying "ticket office not available between 1 and 2 as staff on lunch" !! :shock:

Surely, somebody can deputise?? Have the club not thought that workers in B'ham town centre on THEIR lunch breaks would like to be able to use the ticket office?

Hi General,

Will Randy be at the game tomorrow or will he be elsewhere like the other thousands?

At least the others have reasons, but for a owner to only attend ten games last season, and then preach he loves the club, is pretty rich in my opinion.

Also....

Do you think our manager has the tools to enable a top half finish, and if not, when will you be providing him the backing you said he would get to do that?

Our manager seems to think we wont, and we need more players. So how does this cut, because since we are a Football club, and he is a Football manager, you would think he knows a little more about whats needed than either me, you or Randy, ESPECIALLY so when you cant see anything because your not at Villa Park?

And....

With QPR being bought out, when is Randy selling, because it certainly looks like you guys have thrown in the towel?

General,

I think I am right in saying that contracts with two "platinum partners" have expired this season - 188bet and Thomas Cook. I'm assuming there's a lot of interest from other companies to become platinum partners - are any announcements due?

Thanks

General as many questions appear on here daily and you appear sporadically there can be times when lots of questions get missed by yourself, questions that supportes feel are sufficiently important and concerning for them to warrant someone's attention at the club and an answer. Do you think that, given your inability to be on here full time, we could come up with a better way of doing this? Either someone from the club monitoring these questions in your absence and recording them all or perhaps you advising us when you will next be on the site so that fans can perhaps time their asking of the question with you actually being on here?

General, not sure when we're going to be hearing from you again as it seems you've lost interest, but if you do get the chance to read the site may I suggest you look at the season ticket information thread. Fans who have been at the heart and soul of the club over many many years who feel disillusioned and unhappy with the lack of ambition and direction there seems to be at B6 and football in general. What does Randy intend to do to get these people back down villa park? Does he have a plan or is he happy with the way it's going right now?

Hope your well.

I have been trying to get on the ticket website for 2 days now and cannot! It keeps saying they are experiencing high demand. When will this problem be sorted??

I dread to think how the ticketing site would be coping if we were selling tickets at the level we were 3 or 4 years ago!!

General,

I am just back from VP. Very good performance and Big Eck got an excellent reception when he came out and at full time which was good to see.

32k though for a 3pm kick off on a Saturday is extremely disappointing to say the least. I am sorry to say though you reap what you sow and as our ambitions have clearly been wound in over the summer with the club currently in profit by around 25 mill on transfers whilst I haven't done so myself I can see why some have decided to turn their back on the club in terms of attending.

I believe McLeish given the right backing can do very well. It is something that you stated you and Randy also believe. Please back the manager then and lets see this club again up amongst the top 6 and back to averaging crowds of around 40k.

Mark

General. Congratulations with a good season start. Great recults and a decent crowd at Villa Park today.

I think that with the backing of two more top quality players, we might increase attendance up towards 40 000. But now we are at the level we should expect, given the summer transfers.

General,

I'm curious as to whether Mcleish will be held accountable if we fail to finish between 5th-9th? I ask given he hasn't had any real funding to work with and has a smaller and weaker squad than his predecessor who apparently did a fine job (according to your previous comments) achieving 9th.

I assume it isn't the case but I hope the intention isn't for an easy scapegoat (given his history) if things start to go a bit awry this year, baring in mind the board were prepared to fully back Houllier in January last season when we were struggling?

Of course I hope such a situation won't arise!