The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

Gen

Don't know if you would have time to implement this or not, but an idea for you anyway:

Perhaps the big screen could display a live league table on Sunday during periods of the match? If Birmingham enter the bottom 3 at any point, it would make for some fairly good entertainment.

Many Thanks

Paul

Good idea

Hi General,

I was listening to the radio today and the chairman of Forest Green Rovers (A team in the Blue Square Premier team) had an interesting discussion about the sustainability of their club. I am a Energy Advisor and was interested to listen to what he had to say, and most of it was very basic but very effective in ways of saving the club money, mostly in terms of energy usage.

I was wondering if 'Our' club is doing anything in the way of Energy Saving, and if not, is there anything we as fans could do or, could you/do you need assistance from outside companies to look into ways which Aston Villa could become more self-sustaining with regards to Environmental Sustainability?

Further to the above General, and given the size of our stands how about fitting solar panels onto them, using it on matchdays to power the ground and the rest of the year sell it to the National Grid? - and I am being serious before I'm deleted :)

Hi General,

I know this isn't your dept but I'm sure you can shed some light...

I've been a season ticket holder for years now and a member of the away scheme for about 6 years, so I never use the ticket facility on the website as all my tickets are pre-booked. I renewed my season ticket online last week and out of interest went into my account just to see where I'd been etc. I noticed and unaware to me that I've been collecting loyalty points over the last few years and have now got a total of 3000+. What do these points do General ? Are they redeemable against items in the club shop etc and how do you redeem them ?

Thanks in advance.

General.

A great finish to a terrible season, you say randy reads the forums or you pass on the info.

Well Ancelotti has been sacked, now go and get him and ray wilkins, and doing so the bright future will be back, also he got sacked for finishing 2nd.

Enough said really as the last 2 results just paper over the cracks, its time to be ruthless.

General,

A great end to a disappointing season.. what are your thoughts on this season now it has finished? also last summer was riddled with mistakes in my opinion let's try and make this one more successful this time, I have no doubt Randy will be backing the manager (whoever is in charge).. I know you probably won't be able to confirm it on here but could we (Villa fans) be informed on the managerial issue through the OS before the transfer window opens? I think I speak for most if not all Villa fans that the managerial issue is by far the most important one at this moment, a clear indication on the OS as early as possible so as fans we can look forward to an exciting summer of transfers and pre season.

Thanks.

General,

Good end to the season and I am sure you enjoyed the atmosphere at todays game. Fans have been tremendous this season given what has been served up.

I hope that the board don't let the last couple of weeks over shadow what has been a poor season though. Our lowest points total since the O'Leary/Ellis days and 16 points down on last season is obviously unacceptable as is the fact with two games to go there was still a chance we would be relegated.

Having said that we have some excellent players and some very good youngsters coming through. I am sure there are a number of very good managers that would love the opportunity to get this club back to where we all want to be. Please Sir ensure the right choice is made this time so we don't have to endure the crap that we did for the vast majority of this season.

Can you give any indication as to when a statement will be made by Randy/the club in relation to the manager?

Many thanks

Mark

Hello General

A few months back I asked you to get shot of GH before it was too late, as I thought he would get us relegated.

Whilst, for various reasons, I (and I gather a fair few other) still want a change, I'd like to say, you were proven right to stick with him for the run in and I - and others - were proven wrong in our fears. So, thanks for getting that right.

What a relief.

Roll on next season :cheers:

Hi General,

taking the season as a whole, we've obviously had some ups and downs, as all sorts of taking place, and I'm sure the final flourish of one defeat in 8 is an indicator of good momentum to take into the summer as a good base to rebuild and launch us back up into the top 6. If you'd said 9th after the first couple of months when GH was taking over, not many people would have been enamoured with that finish but equally it wouldn't be a disaster, provided it leads to better things next year.

Onwards!

Hello General

I know transfer questions are a no no and forbidden!! but i would just ask that any outgoing transfers of players are dealt with quickly!

We can ill afford another transfer saga for the third year in a row and a settled Pre season is a must!

many thanks

Fans, of all football clubs, are impatient, unrealistic creatures. Most of which can't be helped/ answered by a club official such as yourself. Transfer targets/ purchases/ sales are such an example.

However, I imagine all Villa fans want three questions answering. They may not like the answers but just resolve the uncertainty please;

1) Will Villa make an announcement as to who the manager will be for next season and when will this be made? Or will we say nothing and leave the speculation going even if Houllier stays? Seems odd to not release some statement.

2) When will the new sponsors be in place? Days? Weeks? Months?

3) When will the kits be revealed/ released?

These three questions (regardless of answer) are the main ones on Villa fan's lips and can be answered without issue surely?

Finally (and admittedly in relation to question 1) I think you'll find a large majority of Villa fans would be concerned that a manager that is too ill to even attend today's game can not possibly be fit enough to return to the job in time for Pre-season. We ALL agree an individuals health is more important than a job.

Hi General, a few months back I asked you if AVTV could do a player Q&A like they do on Soccer AM.....Well you must have read what I asked and did it!!!

Just watching Brad Friedel one now...I love it.

The title of the Q&A is: Quickfire: Friedel Q&A....With Jack Woodward doing them they're never going to be quick...He loves to talk and loves making players talk...haha It's good though they last longer.

Brad one so far is great though, great work by the club.

Thanks

Back to watching the rest of it!

General,

I hope you are well. I really wanted to know, like others have alluded - can we please get official confirmation about our manager? At the moment, we've been getting statements he will be back - and yet nothing official from the club, which I admit I find strange. I cannot believe that you are having to wait, because surely if its a medical issue, then you're not going to find out anything more than you did last week?

Its just we've had such a turbulent season - I think all fans are feeling uneasy because we don't know fully what is happening. An official statement would help end those nerves. I know you could say the assistant manager has spoken on the subject, but it really isn't the same as a statement from the club - or even the manager himself.

Many thanks.

General,

Will the club be making a statement about the Martin O'Neill dispute. Have we fought our corner, gained anything from this battle etc. Is there a gag in place to stop people from letting the fans know why the bloke felt it appropriate to walk out/get sacked just five days before the season?

Steve.

Hello Gen,

Will we be informed by the club soon on the two things that we would all like to know.

1. Mr. GH's health condition. Will he be staying on. I don't want to be left guessing and I dont think I'm alone on this one.

2. I don't always believe paper talk but if disscuions between the mananger, ashley young and randy have taken place will we get any light on the matter?!

Cheers :)