The General's thread - do not respond to other posts!

TrentVilla

General,

As others have said best wishes to Gerard and hope its nothing too serious and he is well again soon. If it is related to the immense stress involved with being a Premiership manager then hopefully the correct and sensible decision in terms of his work commitments will be made for the good of Gerards health.

What is the attendance likely to be on Saturday?

Mark

Hi General,

Could you please pass the designs on to Nike that lmarsha had done in the 2011-12 kit thread? They really are fantastic. They are on page 15 and you can get to them direct with this link.

I think they are far better than some of the designs Nike have come out with. What do you make of them yourself? If you will not consider these, then would you consider letting us supporters vote on the new kit? Possibly giving us a choice of a few designs with the one with most votes winning. Perhaps make it that the people voting need to have purchased a ticket to VP in the past, to make sure outsiders don't interfere. Just a thought.

Also, please send my best wishes to Houllier and his family. I hope he recovers soon and that they are taking good care of him in the hospital.

Evening General,

Please pass on our best wishes to Gerard. Hope he makes a speedy recovery and we see him back in the dugout before the end of the season.

On a completely different note, do you follow baseball and if so, who is your team?

Can you confirm that John Carew is no longer a Villa player?

A few sources are now claiming his contract was cancelled. If this is the case why weren't Villa fans told? It's hardly as if he was a youth player that few knew - this is a fan's favourite!

If this is the case I am a little disappointed with Villa, in both their treatment of the player or, if there were genuine reasons, why Villa fans weren't told.

On a side note, despite being one of the many people who have called for a new manager, please send ALL Villa fan's best wishes to the man as he recovers from a serious illness. We may not agree with him on a footballing side but ALL fans wish him nothing less than a speedy recovery and I feel it's important he knows that.

General Krulak here:

1. First off, I have passed on your good wishes to GH. As you might know, he has suffered a problem that he has suffered before...at Liverpool. It is serious...something that we need to be concerned about. Randy flew over to see him and everyone at the Club has been extending best wishes. I am afraid that he will not be on the sidelines for the remainder of our games....the key is his health and that he recover completely.

2. The North Stand renovation will be a complete renovation...not fixing the old stand but a complete redo.

3. Carew is on loan...pretty much known to everyone.

4. New Kit: We obviously do not want a repeat of what has happened over the past years. Lots of work being done to make sure that it doesn't.

5. Stoke Game: Ever since the first time I saw us play Stoke, I have felt that this is one of our tougher opponents. I am not sure why it is like that...it just seems that they match up well against us. Delap did what he does....and Jones does what he does...and that is frustrating. At the same time, I thought we played pretty well. Brad was strong in the goal...his play during a two minute portion during the first 20 minutes was really strong. Bent, once again, proved he was a "steal" at the price. His header was superb. The Fans continue to be a HUGE plus for us. I am so proud of the fact that you all have put all the "junk" we have endured behind us and have got behind the Badge. We can cover the "junk" after the season...and we do have work to do!!

6. The NFL draft is coming up but you can see where Randy is today....we are all into the state of the Villa and are working hard to make us stronger in the short and long term.

Oh and I forgot to say whoever came up with the idea to bring Peter Withe back to VP before the game today deserves a pat on the back, it really got the crowd going, would like to see more Villa legends follow suit in the future.

Hi General,

At half time it is a complete nightmare getting internet signal or even mobile signal, have the club thought about installing a wifi system where you can pay a set amount for the season to use the wifi at the ground every game, say £10? I'd definitely pay for that. How about approaching network providers to install small signal masts around the ground to cope with demand? 35,000 people trying to get on their phone means all my texts come through 2 hours later when I'm back in the city centre!

Also, any more on my cash point suggestion from a while back?

Thanks

General Krulak here:

1. Wedge: Yes, GH did see the banner.

2. There will be some friendlies this summer...working on schedule now...will announce when nailed down.

3. I plan on providing the Royal Couple an opportunity to go to Marine Corps recruit training and view processing day. That will cement their marriage.

General

Apologies in advance if this sounds blunt, but why the hell did we not take the full 2,900 allocation for Arsenal away? I, and many others, want to know.

We ALWAYS sell-out for Arsenal away - so with this being the last away game of the season it is a disgrace that we've only got the 2,200 which has, obviously, already sold out.

I have a ticket but that's not the point, many of my mates who intended to go, can't now. It has been said elsewhere on this board that the reason is because Villa were too "slow" to request the full allocation. Is this true? If so it's a shambles on our part and a disgrace.

We pride ourselves on having one of the top away supports in the country - how is it helping the club if we are under-selling our own fans? The more away fans = a better chance of winning at the end of the day.

I await your response.

V&L

General,

Whilst I understand it may be impossible to answer this question do you believe it's a case of when, rather than if, Houllier returns?

I fully understand it maybe weeks before that question can be answered and I'm certainly not asking for a timescale on his return given the circumstances just whether Villa feel it's a given that he will return as manager at some time in the future.

I also recognise that doctors, family etc will all be part of that process but is it just discussing timescale on his return or whether he returns at all?

I would ask, that when that question can be answered, that Villa put out a timely statement to inform the public of it. If it's a certainty he will return (not a date) please announce it as soon as possible to nullify rumour and instability.

Thanks.

Hi General,

At half time it is a complete nightmare getting internet signal or even mobile signal, have the club thought about installing a wifi system where you can pay a set amount for the season to use the wifi at the ground every game, say £10? I'd definitely pay for that. How about approaching network providers to install small signal masts around the ground to cope with demand? 35,000 people trying to get on their phone means all my texts come through 2 hours later when I'm back in the city centre!

Also, any more on my cash point suggestion from a while back?

Thanks

As I've said before in this thread, I get full 7.2mbps HSDPA 3G on T-Mobile at all times anywhere in VP. The WiFi wouldn't be cheap and would be difficult to get set up with the pricing structure.

But the cash point really does need sorting out. I'd bet the companies operating the charging machines would be queuing up to get theirs in.

i hope to see GH back in the dug out next season in charge of the team but have you and randy got a cut off date in mind if GH still doesnt feel too well.We cant waste another transfer window dilly and dallying about,we need to know who is in charge as soon as possible. Get well soon boss

Hi General, are Villa (AVTV) allowed to show the full games (as in after the actual game, like say Saturday night)...if so, is there any thoughts about putting the full matches of games onto the websites to watch, as well just the highlights. Whenever I miss a game, I'd always love to have a chance to watch full match later that night or next day/week but never can because no one shows it. Not to mention, good to watch matches back for incidents, as well watching full games of great games/performances..

thanks.

General,

Can we be extremley careful, when recruiting anyone player/Manager etc who has connections to liverpool - it nearly always blows up in our faces Baros\Collymore\Warnock

On the other hand : Ian Ross, John Gidman, Steve Staunton, Houghton, Denis Mortimer (via Coventry), Dean Saunders