The Nintendo 3DS

Chindie

On 23/10/2016 at 00:39, V01 said:

Gonna give my 3DS to the nipper (she's 5)

Anyone got anyone game recommendations?

Planning on Mario Kart, Super Mario World or 3D Land, Animal Crossing. anything else suitable for her?

Scribblenauts Unlimited is a really fun game for kids and last I checked was going super cheap on Amazon. 

You just type in the name of ANYTHING and it pops up on the screen in cartoon form to help you with the level. From Batman to Dragon to Labrador to Pie to Stick

• 1 year later...

Been feeling in a bit of a rut with gaming recently, I've always had little spells where I've fallen out love with the hobby but not as bad as I have been as of late. The gaming society is toxic, most of the publishers are abhorrent and these days the Devs are just as bad. It's all in a hell of a mess and the recent micro transaction/loot box **** just put me off everything to the point where I was ready to sack my PS4 and games off and go cold turkey.

However, a few weeks ago I bought a New 2ds XL used. Been playing it non stop the last week once games I'd ordered started showing up. I've been mainly engrossed in replaying Ocarina of Time 3D and Mario Kart 7 with a bit of Pokémon Moon, the first Professor Layton and Dragon Quest VIII. Got Mario 3D Land, Link between Worlds, Alpha Sapphire, Monster Hunter Stories, Luigi's Mansion 2, Kirby Triple Deluxe waiting to start plus loads more I'll order along the way. It's reignited my love of proper games, games that aren't trying to nickle and dime me (or as I read it on Eurogamer in the week from a certain publisher 'to re-monitise an existing revenue generator'). 

I've also got Pullblox World and A Link to the Past downloaded too, I've got my eye on F-Zero and the Mario games too.

This has all cost me just under £200 so far. I toyed with the idea of getting a snes mini, dabbled with the GBA micro and considered getting a switch again but I'm glad I went with the 2ds. Best gaming decision I've made in a long while. It's made me realise that I just needed a break from the AAA space. I'm not even sure I'll return to it tbh, can see that in maybe 12 months time I'll have a switch again under my TV. Nintendo get a lot of stick, some of it well deserved occasionally, they are well behind with online infrastructure (with modern online gaming so horrible it's not a bad thing), they only focus on a few ip's and take ages to get games of those ip's out but you just can't argue that they don't make or provide a hub for some truly wonderful games. There's something about having a Nintendo machine that makes me feel like I've gone back to my roots again. 

Anyway, anyone feeling a bit 'meh' about games, get something completely different to what you normally play and see if that helps, it's worked for me. 

Edited by Ingram85

• 5 months later...
  • 3 years later...
Â