The Nintendo 3DS

Chindie

Perfect Dark was quality.

Went back and tried to play it on the hardest difficulty last year. It's rock solid but really fun.

I got stuck on that mission in the fancy house with the snipers at the beginning though. End of that mission is impossible on the hardest setting!

Oh yes! A classic :)

Super Mario World is a game me and my wife play occasionally still.

Best platformer ever in my opinion. The learning curve is brilliant, the amount of secrets is outstanding and the 2d visuals still stand up today.

In fact, there are ps+ games that try and emulate the style, but to a lesser effect.

What Nintendo achieved in the 80s/90s, with what they had at their disposal, was nothing short of phenomenal.

stevo i remember that mission it is bloody hard!

i agree with the above banjo kazzoie the first one was absolutely fantastic game. i will definitely start that next after perfect dark. n64 for me is the best nintendo console ever, although snes is up there too

• Like 1

Banjo Kazooie is the most underrated game of all time. On a par with SM64

Nah, it essentially was an SM64 clone with Rare characters. Don't get me wrong, I love Banjo Kazooie (I mentioned testing the remake of Perfect Dark in another thread, there's also an XBLA downloadable version of Banjo 1 and 2 if anyone is interested) (sorry donnie), but it doesn't have the quality of design or depth to it that SM64 has.

I remember thinking that the graphics for F1 world grand Prix were incredible

Me too, they look so dated now!  :D

P.S, not really a Banjo Kazooie fan, but I agree it was a good game. I just didn't like it as much as others.

Has Mario Kart 64 been mentioned yet? Surely the best MK of all time, right?

• 1 month later...

Worth bearing in mind that the 3DS has technically been replaced. The New 3DS is already available in Australia and is fairly easily imported from a few retailers, and is effectively a UK spec machine.

• 3 weeks later...

Finally got my own 3DS XL, just deciding which games to get.

Already got: Pokemon Y, SMB2, MK7.

I want: A Persona type game, looking at the Persona Q game. Also want to get the Ace Attorney collection, Fire Emblem...

Any others I should look at?

I got Shin Megami Tensei IV today. Boy, what a hard game! Had to have a rethink on my strategy, do some hardcore grinding, keep getting myself healed at the barracks - as I was being destroyed by demons with one hit. Loving it though!

Â