Talcum Powder

Morley_crosses_to_Withe

Do you talcum powder your ammo pouch?  

35 members have voted

1. 1. Do you talcum powder your ammo pouch?

• Yes, mine are as dry as the Gobi desert.
    • Nope. Sweaty and musty is how they hang.

I was in the pub the other day and two of my mates said that they talcum powder their balls after showering. The reason being that it's good hygiene.

I've never done this before, so now I'm thinking whether I should start doing the same. I didn't even know blokes do that. Is it a common thing? Does every bloke do it? Am the only bloke in the world who doesn't talcum powder their balls?

I always thought talcum powder was for baby's bottoms, not gentleman's bollocks.

I'm not even sure how I approach the whole talcum powder purchase. When I go to the shop, do I ask for talc and then give the woman a nod and a wink?

Will she know I'm buying it to put on my nut sack or will she think I'm buying it because I have a child? But what if she asks me questions about the baby she thinks I have? Do I lie and make stuff up or do I just come out with it and tell her it's for my bollocks?

Due to the high levels of humidity here in the summer jock itch or crotch rot is always a concern. It is necessary to keep your pits and bollocks dry where possible, pits are easy as antiperspirant does the job but you wouldn't want to be putting that stuff on your nads. As a result many blokes apply talc or (Body powder as they call it here) to the region. I have tried it myself but wasn't much of a fan, it's messy to apply and not super effective. Where it does come in handy when you have to deal with a bad skin abrasions. I tend to do it once every couple of years: bad slide tackle or fall on astro turf removing skin off a large surface area on the leg (graphic picture below). Hideously painful and very difficult to treat, I found keeping the wound uncovered and dousing it every couple of hours with medicated talc drys it out and speeds up the healing process significantly.

leg.jpg

Due to the high levels of humidity here in the summer jock itch or crotch rot is always a concern. It is necessary to keep your pits and bollocks dry where possible, pits are easy as antiperspirant does the job but you wouldn't want to be putting that stuff on your nads. As a result many blokes apply talc or (Body powder as they call it here) to the region. I have tried it myself but wasn't much of a fan, it's messy to apply and not super effective. Where it does come in handy when you have to deal with a bad skin abrasions. I tend to do it once every couple of years: bad slide tackle or fall on astro turf removing skin off a large surface area on the leg (graphic picture below). Hideously painful and very difficult to treat, I found keeping the wound uncovered and dousing it every couple of hours with medicated talc drys it out and speeds up the healing process significantly.

leg.jpg

Ouch. In said example might I suggest a great big sheet of Duoderm extra thin? Works like an artificial scab (ie warm and moist underneath), but quicker, less painful and with less scarring. Can be left for up to a week - a week or a leak is when you change it.

back on topic, no I never use talcum powder. It is no longer 1870.

As a chef i suffer from time to time from a condition called "Chefs Arse" which is incrediable painfull, i know a lot of chefs that use talc before service to soak up the sweat around there balls but flour is a good subsitute if your caught short but what ever you do dont use Corn flour sets like concrete around your sack and crack

leg.jpg

Slide tackle? Do you play your football in a nuclear power plant or on a toxic waste pitch?

An absolute 100% from me, after every bath/ shower ... i work in a busy bar and will always "Talc Up" to prevent The Five O'Clock Waddle (chefs arse as otherwise stated) not a fat lad but must have moist plums ?? Its like a breath of fresh air in the pant department ... give it a go, you'll never look back :D

Â