My first game - finally

chrisjie

I posted a thread 12 months ago saying I was coming to England for a holiday (didn't happen). Well how things change, I'm moving to London in 1 month (from Melbourne Australia).

I've marked this as my first game. I've worked out the virgin train is approx 40 quid return arriving a bit early, grab something to eat (feel free to recommend a place), wander around Birmingham for a bit.

Whats the best pub to have a drink at near the ground before the game? And is it better to get tickets off the official or ticket exchange? I'm assuming it wont be a problem for this fixture.

I'm planning to sit in the upper tier of the Holte stand. I want to be in the thick of the action! - I'm also looking to the Wolves game in March after this one.

• 3 weeks later...

Chrisjie - I live in Hertfordshire but have a season ticket so travel up by train for most home games. The Virgin Trains service is pretty good (when it's running...), 1 hr 20mins into Birmingham New Street then jump onto a local train to Aston or Witton. Book well in advance for the Virgin Trains tickets, and as Wainy says, it is often cheaper to buy two singles than a return (if you specify which trains you'll be getting). There's usually a few Villa on the trains up to Birmingham for home games, so wear some colours if you've got them.

I posted a thread 12 months ago saying I was coming to England for a holiday (didn't happen). Well how things change, I'm moving to London in 1 month (from Melbourne Australia).

I've marked this as my first game. I've worked out the virgin train is approx 40 quid return arriving a bit early, grab something to eat (feel free to recommend a place), wander around Birmingham for a bit.Whats the best pub to have a drink at near the ground before the game? And is it better to get tickets off the official or ticket exchange? I'm assuming it wont be a problem for this fixture.

I'm planning to sit in the upper tier of the Holte stand. I want to be in the thick of the action! - I'm also looking to the Wolves game in March after this one.

Tesco's caffe, Yeah !!! although they forgot my side order of beans last time I was there ! lol

You also get a nice view of the ground as it is upstairs. I would also reccomend getting off the train at Witton rather than Aston.

Enjoy the game

Or just buy tickets from Villa (officially) when they go on general sale and start to build up your booking history. Best pub for atmosphere is the Adventures on Queens Road IMO. Enjoy!

By joining the local supporters club - the post above yours - he can still build his booking history. With the added advantage of meeting others and using their travel arrangements.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey guys I arrived in London 4 days before the game and was moving around alot so didn't get a chance to go. However I've sorted out my accomodation and I've booked Wolves tickets, which arrived in my hand today! So I'm all ready to go

Â