AVFC-Prideofbrum

Who will win the Ballon d'Or?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Ballon d'Or?

• Andres Iniesta
    • Xavi
    • Lionel Messi

Leo Messi is clearly the best player in the world at the moment

Said it before and will say it again - I think Messi is nothing without Xavi. Xavi is the playmaker - without him the team really falls apart. But as great a player as Messi is he's not as indispensable to Barca as Xavi.

He didn't play other day and Messi scored 1 and created 2 in a 0-4 win at a team that plays with 10 men behind the ball and had conceded just 5 at home all season before that game. It doesn't fall apart, of course losing any world class player affects a team but they wouldn't fall apart.

Messi is nothing without Xavi is a joke of a comment really. Of course having Xavi helps any players in the world but Xavi needs the likes of Messi just as much as Messi next Xavi.

Xavi is in there to pass the ball beautifully, he needs players who is on his wavelength, providing options, out wide and through the centre, constantly moving. If anything, Xavi needs Barcelona just as much as Barcelona need him. Even he has said it himself, he'd struggle more in a team like Real Madrid.

You say Messi not as important as Xavi, well I'd say that's debatable and I think:

21 starts, 5 sub games.

28 goals, 15 assists this season says otherwise.

Messi scores goals and he creates goals. He doesn't need perfect passes, he needs the ball and something will happen. Xavi will give him and get the ball to him as much as any other player in the world and that's why he's vital but you put plenty of players in the place of Xavi and Messi will still have ridiculous individual figures because he's a wonderful individual.

I see the votes for Messi have suddenly gone up :lol:

Tis justice. He's only 23 as well. I'd imagine it's another battle this year between Ronaldo and Messi looking at these first 10 days! Can't see anyone else competing with them two especially without internationals (well big competition)

Has anyone ever won it three times in a row?

Leo Messi is clearly the best player in the world at the moment

Said it before and will say it again - I think Messi is nothing without Xavi. Xavi is the playmaker - without him the team really falls apart. But as great a player as Messi is he's not as indispensable to Barca as Xavi.

He didn't play other day and Messi scored 1 and created 2 in a 0-4 win at a team that plays with 10 men behind the ball and had conceded just 5 at home all season before that game. It doesn't fall apart, of course losing any world class player affects a team but they wouldn't fall apart.

Messi is nothing without Xavi is a joke of a comment really. Of course having Xavi helps any players in the world but Xavi needs the likes of Messi just as much as Messi next Xavi.

Xavi is in there to pass the ball beautifully, he needs players who is on his wavelength, providing options, out wide and through the centre, constantly moving. If anything, Xavi needs Barcelona just as much as Barcelona need him. Even he has said it himself, he'd struggle more in a team like Real Madrid.

You say Messi not as important as Xavi, well I'd say that's debatable and I think:

21 starts, 5 sub games.

28 goals, 15 assists this season says otherwise.

Messi scores goals and he creates goals. He doesn't need perfect passes, he needs the ball and something will happen. Xavi will give him and get the ball to him as much as any other player in the world and that's why he's vital but you put plenty of players in the place of Xavi and Messi will still have ridiculous individual figures because he's a wonderful individual.

Fair enough. I thought the WC was a prime example of how Messi needs someone in the Xavi role though, he did FA against Germany.

Interesting stat: Wesley Sneijder only scored one league goal in the calendar year of 2010, and that was on the first weekend in January.

(probably why he didnt make the final three ;))

Can't be arsed to start a new thread on this, so I'll just talk about it here - how did Matt Burrows' goal not win the FIFA goal of the year award!!

Long shots & volleys etc, we've seen it all before, but how many times have you seen a flying, reverse, looping back heal into the top corner of the net.

Can't be arsed to start a new thread on this, so I'll just talk about it here - how did Matt Burrows' goal not win the FIFA goal of the year award!!

Long shots & volleys etc, we've seen it all before, but how many times have you seen a flying, reverse, looping back heal into the top corner of the net.

Because not enough people voted for it.

It was a public vote.

Â