Ballon d'Or

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Who will win the Ballon d'Or?  

29 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Ballon d'Or?

• Andres Iniesta
    • Xavi
    • Lionel Messi

So who will win it or who do you want to win it?

I must admit, I'm old fashioned and believe it should go to the best player of 2010 rather than moments or nationality of a player. I think Xavi sums up my feelings: “The only reason the rest of us have any chance of winning this year is because the World Cup didn’t turn out too well for Argentina; because if it had, then it (the FIFA Ballon d’Or) would be no contest. In my view, Leo [Messi] is now even better than [Diego] Maradona was.”

So I'd give it to Lionel Messi but I'd be happy for the other two who are both fantastic footballers.

I actually think one of Iniesta or Xavi will get it, not sure which one though? Xavi to nick it possibly because of his agre and probably his last chance.

I assume you've left Messi off the poll because you know he would just get 98% of the votes?

I can't decide between Iniesta and Xavi, to be honest. I don't watch enough Spanish football to really decide, but everything I've seen of Iniesta has just been an absolute joy.

Why leave Leo Messi off the poll? The short list only contains three players and you appear to have missed one of them.

As for my thoughts: Leo Messi is clearly the best player in the world at the moment. But as these awards are political (see Cannavaro in 2006) it will go to one of the Spain players. Iniesta scored the goal, but I think Xavi is the better player. Iniesta will win though because he scored the goal.

Why leave Leo Messi off the poll? The short list only contains three players and you appear to have missed one of them.

As for my thoughts: Leo Messi is clearly the best player in the world at the moment. But as these awards are political (see Cannavaro in 2006) it will go to one of the Spain players. Iniesta scored the goal, but I think Xavi is the better player. Iniesta will win though because he scored the goal.

Fixed it!!

Leo Messi is clearly the best player in the world at the moment

Said it before and will say it again - I think Messi is nothing without Xavi. Xavi is the playmaker - without him the team really falls apart. But as great a player as Messi is he's not as indispensable to Barca as Xavi.

Â