• A Young
    • Pirès
    • Albrighton
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Downing (for Pirès 65)
    • Petrov (for Bannan 65)

Gabby is starting to grate on me. He needs to lose some **** weight too. Why is he so intent on playing with his back to goal? **** run onto the ball and stop having it played into feet all the time. So **** one dimensional!

How many fans did we take up today? They were in fine voice!

total attendance was 17,700 i think, around 5,300 ish was us!

superb support! sheffields a shit hole! i want to go home!

walker was great, dunne was great, friedel was great, gabby was quiet again IMO.

first away game for a while and really enjoyed it! thanks villa and the supporters!

UTV!

Yeah support was great today - really enjoyed it!

Was anyone sat around the lower tier right hand side today? There was a lad in a pink shirt and a Sidwell look-a-like giving it the big un who took some serious abuse! Hilarious!

Poor, poor performance, could quite easily have been a loss. We rode our luck at times but we need to cling on to every positive we can at the minute.

Friedel - 8 Made some cracking saves.

New lad - 8 A couple of stray passes but more than made up for it with his goal and work rate.

Dunne - 6 A couple of iffy moments but some crunching challenges too.

Cuellar - 6 Looked a bit out of sorts today. Not Dunnes ideal partner.

Clark - 6 Good going forward, and better defensively than Warnock. Would rather have Bridge though I think.

Young - 5 Needs to grow up.

Reo-Coker - 6 Steady

Bannan - 6 Showed some nice touches, was dissapointed he went off. Clearly the best 'technical' player we have.

Albrighton - 6 Not as lively as he can be, but a well taken goal.

Pires - 4 Who?

Gabby - 4 Not at the races. Not sure whether he's not fit or not happy.

Petrov - 7 Tried to get forward whenever he could. His legs may be going but can't help thinking he's a reassuring presence on the pitch.

Downing - 6

A win is a win but not convincing enough for me. It does not fill me with confidence for forthcoming league games. Walker looks like a bit of a find which is something at least.

A player coming in (from Spurs, no less) and immediately looking heads and shoulders above all of ours, says a lot about our standard and the players we have.

Gotta enjoy this rare win, chances aren't looking very good for another one at SHA next week.

A player coming in (from Spurs, no less) and immediately looking heads and shoulders above all of ours, says a lot about our standard and the players we have.

Gotta enjoy this rare win, chances aren't looking very good for another one at SHA next week.

Heads and shoulders above everyone else? Not sure how you work that out. Yes, he did have a very good debut. He also thought he was still playing for Sheffield United in the 2nd half with a ball which nearly lead to an equaliser.

young couldnt wait to get off the pitch even when he was 'subbed'

What do you expect him to do when sent off? I'd rather they got off the pitch and the game continued than them arguing the decision.

Harsh 2nd yellow card in my opinion.

i was on about the sub fiasco, he couldnt wait to get off, and the general opinion of the people i was with at sheffield was that he couldnt wait to get off the pitch at that point

young couldnt wait to get off the pitch even when he was 'subbed'

What do you expect him to do when sent off? I'd rather they got off the pitch and the game continued than them arguing the decision.

Harsh 2nd yellow card in my opinion.

i was on about the sub fiasco, he couldnt wait to get off, and the general opinion of the people i was with at sheffield was that he couldnt wait to get off the pitch at that point

Well him missing the derby could be a good thing for us.

Â