• Pirès
    • Albrighton
    • Reo-Coker
    • Bannan
    • Agbonlahor
    • Downing (for Pirès 65)
    • Petrov (for Bannan 65)

Walker had a good game.

Ok in the first half, rubbish in the second. The score flattered us.

It was obvious A Young had lost his head and was only a matter of time before he would get sent off.

Need to improve alot if we want something against the Blues next weekend.

Walker was brilliant, scored a good goal and was very important for stans goal aswell.

Despite the scoreline it was still a little worrying that we struggled in the 2nd against a poor side. Anyway for the first time in a while there were more positives than negatives

3 great goals but overall a poor performance in my eyes. stupid from ash, i'm really pissed off with him and the fact he's missing the game at scum heath; i'm sure no-one needs reminding how abject we've been without him this season.

motm walker despite a couple of mistakes defensively.

We were well on top in the first half. The ref gifted them a penalty and they got back into it second.

Showed good fighting spirit to make chances and score a third with 10 men.

Lets hope it is a happy dressing room for a week at least.

The defensive play was a shambles again. lets hope theres some truth to the Samba rumours he is better than our defenders and even those who disagree with that cant deny that he is a strong **** who has a big influence on the pitch which is exactly what we need, especially if its true that Dunne doesnt act Captainy (not saying Samba will be captain just that he could lead the defensive line). I think we need a Defensive coach to purely work with the defense and NRC, Delph, Petrov / Makoun. Our defense is atrocious.

Having said that all three of our goals were **** brilliant today. Really pulled those out of the top drawer and showed what we can do. I would like to hope that is part of how Houllier has been training our team to play the game, especially that third goal passing was really Arsenal quality.

[Not comparing us to Barca just stating similarities in playing style] It seems also that this play style is heavily based around passing it around the defense similar to Barcelona who, if you watch them, are often about going back in order to go forwards (how apt to our situation). However our defense are not passers they should be abrick wall to begin a counter attack (as un pretty as it is) thats why they were bought and they are not passers. If Houllier wants to invest in brick wall players who can pass then I will fully support him.

Summary: more up front play like today please - it looked gorgeous

cut the crap at the back, win it get rid and give it to creative players.

Albrighton and Walker equally MOTM.

Bitter sweet. I'm glad we won, but after the first 45 minutes I felt this could have been an opportunity to really build some momentum. In the end we squeeze a victory and made things hard for ourselves. We also lose Ashley Young for the derby.

Still, a win is a win and really could do with a few more. Great to see a bit of pace and strength at full back in Walker, he's a breath of fresh air in that back four. We haven't had an attacking fullback since....?

I had Albrighton as man of the match, just shading walker. Walker looked fantastic going forward but Albrighton was instrumental in two of the goals and scored one and his work rate in the last 20 minutes when we were under the pump was incredible.

I hope Houllier saw enough of Pires tonight to realise he should be little more than training fodder and a very very very last resort.

very pleased with the win. sheff utd has never been a place where we travel well. i think the game highlights we need a new spine under houllier and some of the young players may be integral to that - clark, albrighton and bannan....

Walker looks the real deal, calm, always made the right decision, quick and a power running with the ball, exactly what we need. Randy must do everything he can to sign permanently. I give him an 8.5.

Ashley Young back on the left wing today and was SHIT its clear to me that Ash's form is the problem not where he is being played. 3

Albrighton has a knack of scoring goals and getting assists and thats a top class player in the making. 7

Gabby's distribution in this game was very good, he has come on leaps and bounds, but need to get himself into more goalscoring positions. 6.5

Everyone else gets a 5.5 as we never imposed ourselves on a team we are clearly better than.

Nearly forgot Bannan looks like the guy that should be playing in the hole as playmaker, eye for a pass, keeps the ball even though hes little and can dribble.

My team for the next game. Friedel, Walker, Clark, Cuellar, Collins, Albrighton, Petrov, Reo-Coker, Downing, Bannan, Gabby.

Well impressed with Walker 2 great runs with the ball at his feet which resulted in goals - one scored by him.

Other flashes showed, he is a really decent footballer.

You got to give Sheff Utd some credit, they simply refused to lie down. The lack of confidence in our team is palpable at times.

Anyhow at least we've won away.

3 yellow cards and one red. Our disciplinary record is shit and we are going to have suspension after suspension to deal with over the next few months.

A side effect of the manager losing the dressing room im afraid.

Walker was a shining light for us today. I said before that he is brilliant going forward but sometimes questionable at defending. Well today he was quality on both points. I just hope he performs as well when we play against better quality opposition as we have to remember that this has been his level so far and he was playing against his former club and the one he supports, and on his debut, so we were entitled to have expected a higher level performance from him!

Ash is going to be a big miss for the Blues game as we already have one of our main attacking threats out. Costly for us in that respect.

Friedel made some very good saves.

Carlos was ropey at times today and was the most unsure I have seen him in a long time.

I thought Albrighton took his goal well and kept getting into the box.

Gabby showed glimpses of brilliance and then glimpses of rubbish.

I would like to add that I think Downing is the man to play in the middle of the park behind the main striker. He played a couple of very good balls through from that area and also broke into the box and should maybe have done better when the keeper came out of the box.

Villa - PLEASE stop making things so bloody difficult for yourselves!!!!!!

Decent result.

Defence was pretty dreadful on a number of occasions. Thanks for the saves, Brad. :thumb:

Three good goals.

I think Pires would have cried had he not been taken off. I was just about to when I thought they were keeping him on.

Â