Pirès - 4 forgot he was playing

Albrighton - 7 the kids a star.

Reo-Coker - 6 battled away

Bannan - 6 some nice balls

Agbonlahor - 6 poor finishing but not much support up top

Subs

Downing- 6 Kept it simple

Petrov - 7 missed a sitter but made up for it with a cracker of a goal

Friedel, Albrighton and Walker with good performances. Albrighton was my man of the match.

Petrov, despite his miss, looked good when he came on. Had drive and determination and did well to play in behind their midfield as they pushed forward. However, I'm not sure he has the fitness levels to do this so late in the game if he's been playing from the start!

Dunne, Pires and Reo-Coker were poor.

Happy to have won, and just hope we can gain some confidence and progress in the league as well as the tournament.

Walker was a shining light for us today. I said before that he is brilliant going forward but sometimes questionable at defending. Well today he was quality on both points. I just hope he performs as well when we play against better quality opposition as we have to remember that this has been his level so far and he was playing against his former club and the one he supports, and on his debut, so we were entitled to have expected a higher level performance from him!

Ash is going to be a big miss for the Blues game as we already have one of our main attacking threats out. Costly for us in that respect.

Friedel made some very good saves.

Carlos was ropey at times today and was the most unsure I have seen him in a long time.

I thought Albrighton took his goal well and kept getting into the box.

Gabby showed glimpses of brilliance and then glimpses of rubbish.

I would like to add that I think Downing is the man to play in the middle of the park behind the main striker. He played a couple of very good balls through from that area and also broke into the box and should maybe have done better when the keeper came out of the box.

Villa - PLEASE stop making things so bloody difficult for yourselves!!!!!!

Agree, let Young play in the position he's best at. But both Young and Houllier seems to think he should play in the hole.

For all those who "Knew" it was only a matter of time before Young was sent off , may I suggest that you look into registering with an online bookmaker and check out the in-play markets. You could have payed off your mortgage with this "knowledge".

Anyway, I'm just glad to see a win with 3 quality goals. Form and league status go out of the window in the F.A. Cup and there are no "easy" cup games.

Decent result but need to put into context that Sheff Utd are a very poor team and for 99% of the 2nd Half we were very much second best.

Positives

Walker had a great debut lets hope we have already agreed a fee when he loan runs out!

Bannan continues to impress and really bossed the midfield first half.

Friedal despite all the stick he got lately, had a decent game.

Negatives

Pires - mouthed off all week, pleaded for his chance, got it and was the invisible man. Houllier needs to get shot of him quickly, his "rent a quotes" are not helping the cause.

Defence - still looks very poor against a weak championship team & we leak goals every game.

Discipline - another sending off, more yellow cards we have had more bookings than Joe McElderry!

Ash - poor game and very stupid sending off.

But a win is a win, hopefully we can build on it, but remember thinking that last week with the draw against Chelsea! Hopefully we will get a few players in this week, Samba & Bridge and a striker please Mr Houllier.

My team for the next game. Friedel, Walker, Clark, Cuellar, Collins, Albrighton, Petrov, Reo-Coker, Downing, Bannan, Gabby.

Dunne has been Villa's best CB in the last 3 games but you would drop him for the derby game...hmm very interesting!

We weren't ever tested to be honest.

Although we didn't play well, it's sometimes hard to lift your game when your opposition are doing **** all. It was like a training game at times which was surprising.

Next time we play can you send me a link to your Streams please? they sound much nicer than mine

3 yellow cards and one red. Our disciplinary record is shit and we are going to have suspension after suspension to deal with over the next few months.

A side effect of the manager losing the dressing room im afraid.

WTF. :lol:

Quite funny actually because in the Prem:

Man City, Arsenal, Bolton, Sunderland, Newcastle. All have worse disciplinary records than us.

Last time I looked:

2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th in the table. Sounds like they've lost the dressing room.

3 yellow cards and one red. Our disciplinary record is shit and we are going to have suspension after suspension to deal with over the next few months.

WTF. :lol:

Quite funny actually because in the Prem:

Man City, Arsenal, Bolton, Sunderland, Newcastle. All have worse disciplinary records than us.

Last time I looked:

2nd, 3rd, 6th, 7th, 8th in the table. Sounds like they've lost the dressing room.

A side effect of anonymous internet opinions im afraid.

We weren't ever tested to be honest.

Although we didn't play well, it's sometimes hard to lift your game when your opposition are doing **** all. It was like a training game at times which was surprising.

Next time we play can you send me a link to your Streams please? they sound much nicer than mine

I had a great one, English commentary, didn't buff once. Only down point is my Dad coming into the room sort of basically telling me there was a goal....then 30 seconds later me seeing the goal. :lol:

Or players trying too hard to turn things around and getting frustrated when it doesn't work. Much easier to blame the manager though.

walker was brilliant! No way a pen though the cynic in me says young wanted to go off, he didn't seem bothered when he thought he was being subbed and didn't protest enough about sendin off

Â