Barry/Milner Swap?

Demitri_C

Barry or Milner  

63 members have voted

1. 1. Barry or Milner

• Gareth Barry
    • James Milner

Difficult one this........Milner has been tremendous, particular making some excellent assists over Xmas and so i really want us to sign him. Agree with roca that Barry has been a mediocre left winger for the last 2 wingers but he's so valuable for us as cover at left back for instance where he does an excellent job.

Keep Barry for two reasons.

1. One of a few players who've retained ANY credit whatsoever this season.

2. Big difference between a club which doesn't buy, and a selling club. If we can get Milner without losing Barry, great. If not, they can feck off.

Barry for me. And one thing about Barry that you won't find in any stats. I know it's a couple of seasons back now butt do you remember the game against SHA when it ended 2-2? Who doesn't? :? Anyway, we had that game in our hands for 60 minutes and then Barry had to go off and Whitts was brought on and we went from 2-0 up to 2-2, and I'm not afraid to say for sure that we would've won that game if Barry had been able to play the entire game. All of a sudden we lost every tackle on the pitch. We won feck all after he was substituted. And that sums up a lot about Barry for me. He's very important to our game. IMO.

please to see Gaz Bazz leading this one at the moment.

Gaz Baz any day of the week. If i were manager, would be one of the 1st names i'd stick down on the team sheet every week.

A consistent, quality premiership performer, proven over several seasons. A regular in several sides finishing top half of the premiership.

Milner shows promise and has some good games, but at the moment it's more about potential with him.

I wouldn't swap something that I know works well often with something that i think might work well occassionaly.

In the ideal world you would want to keep both players. However with the current owner and manager situation I think we can reliably expect the unexpected and it won't be good will it?

If Doug is around when Milner returns in the summer I can just hear DOL on September 30th saying - "I tried to get Milner, but "someone" told me that the financial situation is not good and that I will just have to make do with what I have got until the end of the season."

newcastle are shit.

lets keep both

and we are better are we? bicks raises an intersting point about playing barry in teh middle. he did a good job there earlier this season when mccann was injured. when (if ever) berger is fit, id like to see this mdifield tested

milner----mccann----barry----berger

but hey this is dol here, you can lose 10-0 and he will still stick with the same team

but hey this is dol here, you can lose 10-0 and he will still stick with the same team

:lol: because we have that many options!

but at least you've finally recognised that we do at least have those options.

we're not Chelsea, so don't have 22 superstars.

we do have alternatives and options though, built up over the last 3 years.

Well the only alternatives i have seen along with the strikers if weather to play Hendrie or not!?

All other ones we have not been able to do because of injuries, O'learys fault that is!

So thats striker's 1/2 alternative and Hendrie 1 alternative!

• 2 years later...
Â