• Downing
    • A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Albrighton (for Petrov 88)
    • Bannan (for Reo-Coker 88)

I don't get the Downing on the right wing, Agbonlahor on the right wing and Ashley Young 'in the hole' formation. Why not play them in there actualy positions and then switch it around to change it up. All 3 were shit today, and Heskey carried them. And I think that being played out of position was the reason why they were shit. Put Ashley Young on the **** wing, he is a liability off the front man.

Honourable mentions:

- Friedel: did everything he could

- Cuellar: our best defender but his distribution at RB was again poor

- Dunne: better

- Clark: okay but got beat too much in the air, especially considering he is a CB

- Coker: energy and did well. Unlucky with ball to Ash in H1. Needs to play as the enforcer alongside Bannan

- Heskey: worked his socks off and looked our main threat. Didn't see the "push"

Poor:

- Collins: caught out to much and letting the ball bounce. Davies and/or Cuellar would be better

- Petrov: absolutely useless tonight. Didn't even play the first half and should have been off after 60 at a minimum. If anyone votes for him as MOTM this week they must be MON, his mum or his hairdresser!

Undecided:

- the Three Amigos (Gab, DJ and Ash): At a minimum, as above Gab should be on the right and DJ on the left. I would love to see Ash on the left, DJ in the middle and Gabby/Albie on the right. Don't like Gabby alongside Heskey (as per Spuds) as this leaves too big a gap between Stan & NRC, who both play deep, and the two strikers. I also don't understand why they aren't more fluid and interchangeable as well.

Very Very Very Very Very Poor:

- GED: Don't like his set up of Gab, Ash and DJ. Subs reminded me of MON - f***ing useless!

We should have beaten them. They aren't particularly good and their position at 6th spot shows the standard of the current Premier League.

I said at the start of December we would be bottom three in the new year and I was right, sadly. That was probably the worst game I have seen at VP since DOL was manager. I'm not going to try to rate players as they all performed poorly in one way or another.

If we continue to play like that we will be relegated, no question. We can't score goals and we can't defend and its that simple. Save for losing Milner at the end of the season and gaining Ireland nothing has changed. Arguably the squad is stronger through the kids coming through.

What has changed is that we have Houllier instead of MON as our manager. We have to get rid of him now to preserve our premiership status. Its that simple.

Villa are a shadow of the team they used to be. No Carew, no Ireland and 11 players on the pitch running around like headless chickens. A manager who has had his success now and is living in the past bringing in crap like Pires.

Heskey deserved the red, so did Zenden to be honest. Nothing was harsh, nothing was unfair. The referee done well IMO.

Heskey did ruin any chance Villa had of clinching anything when he hit bar from a few yards out, but Villa didn't play as well as they would have under MoN.

Relegation scrap for the Villa, enjoy.

Was at the game didnt see why heskey was sent off.

HE had two good chances one was a sitter! but he was our only creative player and won everything. Its ashame he had nobody to support him.

Defence was solid, all put in a good shift apart from when it came to going forward when we resulted to hoofing it.

The game bypassed the CM.

Downing on young should have been our wingers, wasted oppotunity there. even Cuellar was having a pop at their LB

With the tactics by GH and the desire shown by our players i think we are highly likely to go down :(

Can any player deserve man of the match? NRC's famous work rate? Pathetic from the every player except maybe Dunne and Heskey, who then did a stupid thing.

But again, this must come down to the manager as they just clearly don't want to play for him, immature as it is.

Downing and Young at centre back with Cuellar, Collins and Dunne up front?! Just embarrassing to spend the last ten minutes watching Ashley Young trying orchestrate an offside trap.

We lack confidence, fight and a tactician to do something about it.

I honestly think, now that the fans have PUBLICALLY made it clear they want him to go as well as the players in the training ground, Houllier has to resign if he isn't sacked. There's no way he can turn a whole club around and even if he did, he'd always be fighting a losing battle with the fans.

If relationships played no part in football, I'd want him to stay (though we wouldn't be in this mess had he not supposedly fallen out with half the team), but they do. He's got to go for the interests of the players, the fans and himself.

When you lose the fans the way he has, there's simply no option. I want him to be given the window, but he just can't turn this around.

Get Big Sam in and stabilise the club.

Allardyce wouldn't stabilise the club at all.

He could only, realistically, be appointed in a caretaker capacity until the end of the season. In that position, he couldn't command the respect of the players, he couldn't sign any new players and he couldn't act as disciplinarian.

Nothing about Allardyce would be stable, IMO.

Just back haven't read threads. The players were very poor - I sat there hardly getting upset watching an incredibly bad premeirship match. BUT I blame the manager for the formation. Unbelieveably with hundreds of wide men on the pitch - we had no one wide at all. Both full backs non existant getting forward & everyone was so narrow....don't know -why never seen that before.

GH has now got to go - why was Dunn up front & Delfounsa on bench whole game - he has looked really lively lately & would have been ideal esp. once Heskey went...so so poor...so much wrong ....now v worrying because everyone looks capable of picking up points - apart from us & chelsea!

Friedel 6- Poor Kicking.

Cuellar 5- The same old CB at RB curse.

Dunne 6- A liitle sluggish but put in a shift.

Collins 5- Jury is still out.

Clark 5- Poor heading and poor in possession. Ditto Cuellar.

Petrov 3- Talks a good game, but when your captain is someone playing the holding role, has no pace, passing ability, stamina or desire to dictate the play, the club is unlikely to go forwards.

Reo Coker 6- Showed fight and good energy.

Downing 4- What a pussy.

Young 5- Roy of the Rovers wanabe.

Gabby 4- What on earth is he doing on the left wing FFS?!

Heskey 7- Loses two points for a woeful miss and probably costing Gerard his job. Otherwise- Team Emile.

Bannan (MOTM) and Albie not on long enough for a rating.

Houllier- Young at DM? Gabby at LW? Downing at RM? Heskey with no support? Favouritsm? Reluctance to use our most dangerous winger and most effective striker? Collins and Dunne up front?

YOU'RE GETTING SACKED IN THE MORNING may seem harsh, but when you are a team on the slide with a manager with no tactical nous, and then replace him with an older manager with no tactical nous OR motivational qualities, this was likely to happen....

i actually feel like i want to shoot houllier!i dont actually think i could handle us being in the championship!agbonlahor is a striker and ashley young is a winger yet houllier seems to have them mixed up!gabby is clueless and cant beat a man but can score goals!ash used to terrorise defenders on the left hand side and ever since hes played off the striker hes done nothing we have no goal threat!also stewart downing has got to be the worst player ive ever seen!cant beat a man and all he ever does is cut inside and pass the ball back to dunne!albrighton is quicker,harder working,better crosser of the ball and can actually beat a man yet hes sat on the bench!im so annoyed i cant actually believe what this fat prick is doing to our club

I don't get the Downing on the right wing, Agbonlahor on the right wing and Ashley Young 'in the hole' formation. Why not play them in there actualy positions and then switch it around to change it up. All 3 were shit today, and Heskey carried them. And I think that being played out of position was the reason why they were shit. Put Ashley Young on the **** wing, he is a liability off the front man.

Poor:

- Collins: caught out to much and letting the ball bounce. Davies and/or Cuellar would be better

- Petrov: absolutely useless tonight. Didn't even play the first half and should have been off after 60 at a minimum. If anyone votes for him as MOTM this week they must be MON, his mum or his hairdresser!

Petrov's hairdresser is on VT

Heskey was **** brilliant.

Then he misses from 6 yards and gets sent off.

I agree thought he was our best player - despite that.

No complaints about the send out - raise your hand to opposition and your in trouble - even if he was lured in.

Will he get a 3 match ban for violent conduct.....gulp

So we have:

Cuellar the centre back at right back

Clark the centre back at left back

Downing the left winger playing right wing

Young best as a left winger playing in the middle

Agbonlahor best as a striker playing left wing

Some our most talented players like Ireland, Carew and Davies not even in the squad!!!

To round things off those that were available he brings 2 on after, wait for it, 88 minutes!

Randy wake up. Houllier out.

Allardyce wouldn't stabilise the club at all.

He could only, realistically, be appointed in a caretaker capacity until the end of the season. In that position, he couldn't command the respect of the players, he couldn't sign any new players and he couldn't act as disciplinarian.

Nothing about Allardyce would be stable, IMO.

Of course he would, and I'd have him in exactly that role - as a six month caretaker. He takes no shit from players, they will respect him in turn and plays to the strengths of the team - something Houllier has no done during his time here.

Do we need to sign new players? We need confidence and the players to want to play for us - Allardyce would be perfect for that role.

Â