• Downing
    • A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Albrighton (for Petrov 88)
    • Bannan (for Reo-Coker 88)

Right. After calming down a wee bit I thought Clark played well. Friedel did okay but shouldn't have been beaten by a shithead like Bardsley. Dunne was solid again and sweated for the team. Collins was shit. Cuellar was okay but not brilliant. Petrov was useless. NRC was industrious but not effective enough. Gabby was out of position but still shit. Young was okay but too greedy. Downing played well first half seocnd half disappeared, Heskey okay, one glaring miss, one miss that could be a sitter, maybe not, stupid red card, Bannan and Albrighton bright after their five minute cameo.

Houllier, 0 outof 10. Gabby shouldnt have been on the wing, Ash should, or Ash dropped for Albrighton, Collins should be dropped IMO, bring Baker into the team FFS, at least the kid won't keep consistently gifting the opposition fks and pens and chances. Downing should have been moved to the left, Petrov should have been off after 60 minutes and subs needed to be made 30 minutes earlier than they were.

Sum total: NOT **** HAPPY.

Completely agree.

For the first time in my life I was ashamed to be a Villa supporter.

For our own supporters to sing that to any manager immediately after the opposition has scored was shameful.

The Holte lived up to their own self-assessing song tonight 'Shit support, my Lord'

The game?

Two crap sides, one of which was going to fluke a win. Unfortunately it was the wrong one.

Houllier?

The side has a whiff of '86/87 about it so, although I have supported, and will continue to support him, on balance he should go.

But there aren't really any decent candidates out there....

Gutted

WHY did people clap Heskey when he got sent off ?

The bloke had put in a really good shift tonight and was the only threat we had, THEN he goes and does that moronic push in the face and the ref had absolutely no choice but to send him off

It left us completely in the shit. **** IDIOT

In fairness, he was our best player up until that point and for much of the ground it wasn't immediately clear what he was sent off for. I've not seen it yet, but from where I was sat, Henderson marched ten yards to get right in his face, the two players had a bit of a pushing match then Henderson started on Gabby, then Henderson started on Young, then there was a melee and at the end of it Henderson started on Cuellar.

I think it's fair to say that I expected Henderson to be joining Heskey on his walk, in fact without the benefit of replays I couldn't see why Heskey was sent off.

Obviously I've since read why, but I'm hopeful that explains the applause.

Totally gutted with that showing, the Chelsea game counted for absoluetly nothing.

The players could'nt care less and went through the motions.

We don't create enough but when we do get chances, we fluff them.

Our play is full of mistakes, mis-hits and bad decisions.

No-one really looks like they want to take the game by the scruff of the neck.

The piss-poor excuse for a manager alongside his clueless assistant fails to see the glaring errors in the team and does not respond to change things accordingly. When the going gets tough, he hides in the dugout with his jacked pulled halfway up his face.

This is the worst Villa team I can remember. We will go down unless we change the manager!!!!

I would have thought with the playing a lot of games over a short period that Albrighton would have come in for this one. And given the situation it was amazing that he only came on at 88 minutes. Plus even at that stage we bring on two midfielders for two midfielders. What attacking intent.

I have no faith that Randy will sack him though. It's only the 5th Jan, not too late for a new manager to come in and make one or two signings maybe. But if we do it, we'll leave it until after Blues when nowt will get done.

It's going to be a depressing season.

Today we lost because of:

1) Houllier's bad decisions. Albrighton should have been in for Agbonlahor, Bannan for Petrov.

2) Heskey. If you take of the wasted goal and the red card, he played a FANTASTIC game. Problem is, he missed a goal that was easier to score than to miss, and he got stupidly sent off. No excuses.

3) A bit of bad luck. If Bardsley tries that same shot 100 more times, he probably won't score another one.

As good as Heskey played tonight, he was a fool for getting sent off, probably cost us the game.

However, the writing's been on the wall for some time now, GH just hasn't got it, he's a deluded old fool that lets his heart rule his head. There is no excuse or logic for the tactics and gameplay he applies to our football club. My missus could run a football club better than this prick.

Randy needs to grow some bollocks and drop this loser, if he's not able to do this, then Houllier should pack his bags and **** off quietly. I like the bloke, but he's the cancer of our club right now.

can somebody answer me this, the 4th official came on the pitch and was the one who gave the ref the info to send off Heskey! IS THIS ALLOWED!

Too late for the subs just to put bannon and young in defence!

can somebody answer me this, the 4th official came on the pitch and was the one who gave the ref the info to send off Heskey! IS THIS ALLOWED!

I didn't think it was either but I don't know what the rule is.

I could see that result coming before Heskey was sent off and even though there is no factual basis behind my argument (bar the fact we were terrible), it probably would have happened.

We did okay first half - should've got the goal. But it needed a tweak at half time as Gabby was not in the game - I was expecting to see Albrighton come out for the 2nd.

Maybe that would've come before long, but then there was Heskey's moment of idiocy - and it was the reaction (or lack thereof) to the red that damned us. You need energy and people to hold onto the ball when you're a man down - we had Petrov tiring, Downing + Agbonlahor disappearing and Young + Coker misfiring passes. Changes were needed.

What was especially annoying is that when Bannan and Albrighton finally came on, they actually did inject a bit of life, but it was of course far too late. A man down it was always going to be hard, but we just didn't respond to it.

Players:

Friedel - didn't have alot to do, but there was that dodgy moment when he came out to block and missed, and Bent's shot was cleared off the line. don't think he could've stopped the goal as it came through so many players.

Cuellar - mostly okay. supported Downing quite well 1st half.

Collins - dodgy, especially the above incident where he had to get back to clear of the line after messing up vs Bent.

Dunne - probably best of the defence.

Clark - okay but clearances a bit slack sometimes.

Reo-Coker - the usual: great workrate + dodgy passing

Petrov - okay but faded out of the game. I think he was struggling when we went to 10 and should've been replaced.

Downing - good 1st (should've had a very good assist if Heskey could finish), anonymous 2nd

Young - not a good match. Was guilty of some wasteful passes and bad decision making

Agbonlahor - not a left winger.

Heskey - the great enigma. The bulk of his work was great, but then there was his two Big Moments: the miss (poor but forgiveable) and the retaliation (unforgiveably stupid).

Hard to pick a Motm. Probably Coker, however frustrating he sometimes is.

A thoroughly dispiriting day. Need to get a couple of signings to lift the mood before the derby. Sheff Utd will certainly be thinking this is a perfect opportunity to KO a Premier League side and I rather expect them to do so.

claretman wrote:

You can tell the natives are restless, the site has been running like tar if you are lucky enough to get on.

Limpid wrote:

Feel free to click the donation link...

Ok, fair point, fair point. £10 to Villatalk when Houllier is sacked.

young playing CB for the last 20 mins pumping long balls forward when he's probably our most dangerous player? what a farce. gabby, cuellar and petrov were all absolutely shite and not fit to wear the shirt tonight. we were pretty much a one man team, big emile heskey fc.

houllier **** off son

What a disgrace this has become!!!.What the fk does Delfons have to do to get a game??? he's looked always good coming on.Allbrighton on the bence lol.Cant play NRC and Petrov in the same team there is no creativity.As for Collins he get'a away with murder week after week bring back Davies.

From Fifa.com

He assists the referee to control the match in accordance with the Laws

of the Game. The referee, however, retains the authority to decide on all

points connected with play.

Seemed to me it was the assistant ref who did the talking and basically sent him off.

Lack of player investment in the last 18 months, sell to buy / wage to revenue bollocks, bringing in a shite out of touch manager I am afraid they are the ingredients for relegation. Something some of us have seen for a while

Houllier out

We are going to get relegated this season the way things are going

Â