Ronaldo V Messi

wiggyrichard

Who is better?  

148 members have voted

1. 1. Who is better?

• Ronaldo
    • Messi

This poll is closed to new votes

Messi and N'Zogbia could play in the same team, they'd bring out the best in each other.

After playing with the likes of Xavi, Iniesta, Ibra and Ronaldinho, it would remain to be seen whether Messi could adapt to sharing with the limelight with a big name like Zog.

• Like 3

The level of Spanish league defending is pretty much where the English is heading - no real tackling because it is too easy to get booked.  The cynic in me thinks that this change is very deliberate. The product is harder to sell overseas when attacking players aren't free to excite.

Completely agree with this.

I cant enjoy la liga myself, seems tackling has all but been outlawed especially in the case of messi and ronaldo, all they have to do is look at a ref after they've been tackled to immediately get a freekick/pen. Also the amount of last minute soft fouls given by refs bending over backwards to hand the big sides wins seems ridiculously corrupt to me.

Why I can't see Messi ever leaving La Liga, all too perfect for him there imo.

The level of Spanish league defending is pretty much where the English is heading - no real tackling because it is too easy to get booked.  The cynic in me thinks that this change is very deliberate. The product is harder to sell overseas when attacking players aren't free to excite.

I cant enjoy la liga myself, seems tackling has all but been outlawed especially in the case of messi and ronaldo, all they have to do is look at a ref after they've been tackled to immediately get a freekick/pen. Also the amount of last minute soft fouls given by refs bending over backwards to hand the big sides wins seems ridiculously corrupt to me.

This season the refs have been told to let a lot more go, so there has been more tackles

Spanish referees are usually over-fussy and wildly inconsistent. I laugh when English supporters bemoan refereeing standards as it is still one area where the Premier League is the best, for all its faults. There is plenty of hard tackling in Spanish League games, has no one ever watched Sergio Ramos, much less David Navarro?  Or this one on Gareth Bale recently which was only given as a yellow.....

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2hupiz

With regards to Messi leaving Barcelona, where could he go that

a ) isn't a step down?

b )where any club can afford his 20m annual salary and £200m transfer fee without breaking UEFA FFP?

Edited by gordoncharles

Ronaldo is unmanageable at the moment. Behaves like a child. He was a disgrace for Portugal in the WC, and his non-celebration in the Champions League final has ruined his image for me.

His game has changed, plays like an old fashion number 9 majority of the time now.

Bit of hold up play, then just gets into the area to score. The rest of the time, some quick stepovers and a shot if he receives it a long way out.

What an immense machine he is.

• 3 years later...
2 minutes ago, bobzy said:

Scores an absolute worldie, "celebrates" by calling himself number one in front of the home fans.

There is nothing likeable about Cristiano Ronaldo.  He's completely classless.

If I'd just scored that goal I'd have insisted everyone in the stadium got a tattoo of it.

• Like 4

Just now, NurembergVillan said:

If I'd just scored that goal I'd have insisted everyone in the stadium got a tattoo of it.

I'd have gone mental and celebrated wildly.

(Also, Benteke's effort against Man Utd was better... :ph34r:)

For all the razzmatazz and athleticism of that goal (the height is incredible) his first goal is better, holds his run to perfection uses benzema to create space then times his dart and gets a great touch to finish, thats all football brain, really nice goal that you cant really defend 

the time and space he has because of bad defending gives him that overhead kick on a plate 

Â