Oktoberfest

The_Lions_Roar

Yes it's great. As you say only go for a couple of days, a long weekend is more than enough. I know I had some great fun over there with the germans but I can't really give you any tips for obvious reasons. Hofbrauhaus was great though, germany as you imagine it!

• 5 weeks later...

Can't recommend Oktoberfest highly enough. I will be going back next september for a long weekend.

One tip... head out to the Wies'n (the area the festival is at) early... we got there at about 11am and struggled to get a table in the biggest tent (capacity: 7000) for ages, didn't get one for about an hour. ANd you can't order drinks unless you are sat at a table. Our mates got there at 7am and were fine getting one, plus extra drinking time!

Been a few times, we used to conveniently have a team mtg at teh Munich office at the same time.

It's a superb thing to go and see and the German's are brilliant fun. You can book seats at the tables, always helps if you know a local, and then you don't have to worry about the early start.

Top Tip get a late flight out the next day because while German beer wont make you feel crap, a bumpy trip will certainly make it all swill around again

• 7 years later...
  • 4 weeks later...
Â