Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

maloneyt

I've never subscribed to the 'throwaway game' theory myself. Whatever game the Villa are involved in, from friendlies to cup finals, I want them to win every time. And, like others have said, we start winning games and the confidence and belief will soar.......just because its sheff utd does'nt mean the victory will mean anything less IMO.

Saying that, tough match, but utd might just catch a bit of a backlash.

• Replies 795
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Quite confident about this game, Sheff Utd are struggling aswell at the moment and I'll think we'll win maybe 1-0 or 2-1, should be tight anyway. Predicting Albrighton and Bannan to start and for both to shine in this game. Downing to score at least 1.

Forgot how nice their stadium was.

Proper footballing club who i'd much rather see in the premiership than the likes of Wigan with their taxi load of supporters.

Very much this. Couple of my best mates are Blades fans.

I agree with the preference for the Blades than a nothing club like Wigan in the league.

Anywho, No idea with this game, kinda don't care somehow. I get the vibe that the club doesn't either.

I've got to admit that I've been pissed off this week and feeling very negative about our future. But now its Friday and tomorrow we're off to see the mighty Lions on potentially a great away day. Lets av it I surprising excited about tomorrow.

Not far, 5000+ of us let go for it. Lets create a great atmosphere. Bring on some of the old songs and maybe have a 'shoes off' as well.

And if all else fails and we're getting beat we can always go for a Houliier bash.

Can't lose really but I'd much prefer not to be Houllier bashing

i'd want us to lose this.

still dont get this. should want us to win whatever game whatever the situation, its the only way we can improve.

I should re-phrase, il obviously be supporting the team for the duration of the match, but should we lose, I wouldn't mind. Certainly not as much as the S'land game anyway.

A draw is probably the worst result

I would go:

Freidel, Walker, Cuellar, Clarke, Warnock, Albrighton, Reo, Delph, Downing, Young & Gabby.

We need a win and we need a cup run to get confidence back and to make this season something other than just a relegation battle. It is also 54 years since we won this for the 7th time and I would love to see us make it 8 although our hopes of that are our lowest for many a year.