Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

Nothing less than a win will do in this one for me. Sunderland are a decent side but player for player we are better. Failure to win will see us still deep in the mire with an away game at Small Heath and a home game against Man City to come and if we can't beat Sunderland at home its highly unlikely we'd get much from those two.

Houllier said Clarks goal on Sunday signalled the start of our season. We're about to find out.

A draw would'nt be the ideal result, but looking more likely than a win against a awkward Sunderland side.

No injury worries, so expect to see the same team again and sundays fightback should give them the momentum to at least turn up. I thought Gabby tired quite early on against chelsea but on the whole the team looked more solid than it has for a while now. Friedel will have to his wits about him for this one though.

1-1........we'll do it the hard way again, behind to a early goal and then Heskey or Downing with a late equaliser.

Might pull off Gabby and or Downing.

........snigger!

Seriously this will be a real hard game, Sunderland are playing well at the moment and apart from the last game, we aren't!

The good news is that most of the seniors are not only back but have another game under their belts, hopefully this will be enough to give us the 3 points we are in desperate need of.

However I can only see a draw here.

No point in getting the kind of result we got on Sunday if we go and **** it all up against Sunderland.

I'd probably be satisfied with a draw, but I wouldn't take it if you offered it to me, as i think we can win.

A win here should hopefully give a miniscule of consistency and some confidence in the players. Fingers crossed.

one point off the drop zone with a goal difference worse than the team directly below us and worse than every team above us

it isn't must win, but it is close

my first game in a couple of months, let's not make it a crap drive home

-------------------Friedel---------------------

Lichaj------Collins--------Dunne-------Clark

-------------Petrov-------Reo Coker--------

Albrighton-----------------------------Young

-------------Heskey----Agbonlahor---------

If it comes down to Albrighton, Agbonlahor or Downing, then for me it's Downing who drops to the bench.

I'd go for Lichaj for his additional mobility and I'd stick with Clark despite it.

-----------------Friedel-----------------

Cuellar---Collins----Dunne--Warnock

Agbonlahor--NRC---Petrov--Downing

------------------Young-----------------

-----------------Heskey-----------------

-------------------Friedel---------------------

Lichaj------Collins--------Dunne-------Clark

-------------Petrov-------Reo Coker--------

Albrighton-----------------------------Young

-------------Heskey----Agbonlahor---------

If it comes down to Albrighton, Agbonlahor or Downing, then for me it's Downing who drops to the bench.

I'd go for Lichaj for his additional mobility and I'd stick with Clark despite it.

I'd go with a team similar to your team except I'd play Culleur instead of Collins