Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

thought cuellar had a cracking game the other day, including a few useful touches going forward so i hope he retains his place. am worried about the pace and movement of gyan, bent and welbeck against the cumbersome trio of dunne, collins and clark who i all expect to start.

key man for us will probably be heskey, he needs to get the better of titus bramble who apparently is having an excellent season.

Keep a clean sheet and we will win.

We need to stop leaking in silly goals from unnecessary fouls, it has cost us at least 6 points this season.

I feel confident enough to say we can get goals from everywhere on the pitch (although stats may suggest different)

A draw wouldnt be bad but highly annoying.

UTV!

-------------------Friedel---------------------

Lichaj------Collins--------Dunne-------Clark

-------------Petrov-------Reo Coker--------

Albrighton-----------------------------Young

-------------Heskey----Agbonlahor---------

If it comes down to Albrighton, Agbonlahor or Downing, then for me it's Downing who drops to the bench.

I'd go for Lichaj for his additional mobility and I'd stick with Clark despite it.

Don't understand why people are so against Young in the hole. It gets us results.

I just hope we get behind the team tonight, none of this booing at half time or when the ball goes back to Friedel.

Tonight is all about the result, whether we score and win one nil with our only chance of the game so be it. Im no expert but surely the team can play with alot more freedom and they can "express" themselves when you are sat in 13th in the league rather than 17th.

Sunderland will be no mugs with or without Gyan and god forbid we go a goal down we must not get on the teams back.

IN GERARD WE TRUST

UTV

Keep a clean sheet and we will win.

We need to stop leaking in silly goals from unnecessary fouls, it has cost us at least 6 points this season.

I feel confident enough to say we can get goals from everywhere on the pitch (although stats may suggest different)

A draw wouldnt be bad but highly annoying.

UTV!

A draw would be very annoying to be honest. I would rather we have lost the Chelsea game and win against Sunderland as it would be an extra point for us.

The fans just need to be patient tonight as this is a massive game for us with the position we now find ourselves in. Lose this and we go into the Blues game under real pressure, especially given the two matches that follow! If the fans stay patient and don't get on the players backs we should be ok.

Don't fix what isn't broken, same team as against chelsea.

I'm kinda torn between this and thinking that Chelsea don't really play with wingers so in games against them, the challenge for full backs is very different than it will be against Richardson and Malbranque.

However, you would say the challenge against Chelsea is tougher for full-backs, the reason why Clark had a bit of a problem was he had sometimes a couple of players running at him. I think our focus will be to run the other way, I'd keep the 4, as when-ever free kicks or corners we really did look dangerous and Sunderland apart from Bramble and Ferdinanad, their side is not a very big side, we could use this to gain an advantage.

I predict a big mood change on this board after tonight's game, but I'm not sure which way it's going to swing.

Best-case scenario (depending on other results): Good performance, good win and we move up to 13th, just 6 points behind 6th place with a game in hand. Big upsurge in optimism!

Worst-case scenario (depending on other results): Inept performance, another defeat, and we actually find ourselves bottom of the League. The calls for Houllier to go will be deafening!

That said, my predictions are usually wrong, so I guess it's going to be a draw...

When I feel confident about Villa, we usually lose. When i don't feel confident, we usually get a result.

Today im actually feeling confident, so we will lose... so knowing that we will lose, does that mean i'm confident that we will lose so in turn we will win?

Or not?

Sunderland will come looking for a draw so this is going to be very different from the Chelsea game. Will be a test if we can break down defensive sides.

Highly doubt that, they only know one way to play Sunderland and that's to try and go forward. They attacked Chelsea away, United away at OT last year, I can't see 'em being any different here.

Sunderland have only won once away from home and that was against Chelsea. They have drawn loads though. This game is up in the air. I think if GH can get em ready like he did Chelsea then we can win.

This is a tough game and we have to win or we are probably in the Bottom 3 for a couple of weeks and that would be a disaster for morale and sanity on this board!

I'd hope our defence perform tonight as if they don't one of Gyan, Welbeck or Bent will capitalise.