• Collins
    • Downing
    • A Young
    • Petrov
    • Reo-Coker
    • Agbonlahor
    • Heskey
    • Albrighton (for Agbonlahor 85)

I think that if people STILL can't see the difference Petrov makes to the team.. then there is no hope for them.

Certainly over Hogg and Bannan in the same position yes, but he still seemed 2 seconds behind the play and didn't track runners too well. Reo on the other hand had much more energy and was superior today in my opinion.

I think that if people STILL can't see the difference Petrov makes to the team.. then there is no hope for them.

Least effective of our four midfielders today and should have come off with 30 minutes left when he was knackered - if there had been anybody to replace him on the bench! NRC was everywhere covering the gaps and Stan stands in the middle and lets people go around him with ease yet still gets plaudits?

If you weren't watching, Petrov played in the second half against Spuds and against Citeh. Where was his impact there? This was a team performance today and they all battled and wanted it - that was the difference for me and not Stan.

There it is, theres the fight and the passion! Many MotM's in my opinion. Clark was class at the other side of the pitch, Freidel, Young was immense, Heskey was unplayable, Dunne was top, Petrov and Reo were always combative. However Chelsea are in form, to score 3 goals at Stanford Bridge is special. I love Randy's celebration too, fantastic.

Probably would have bought on Albrighton about 5-10 minutes earlier, but the outcome could have still been the same. TalkSport desribed it as game of the season.

Surprised I haven't had a heart attack!

So proud of the boys today, though we'd thrown it away but shown fight I didn't know we had to rescue a point!

I'm thanking my lucky stars the game has finished, I've only just stopped shaking a full heart attack was definitely on the cards.

well done frenchman????? whats all that about?

we've not won for ages and today we've blagged a draw in the last minute against an out of form team.

o'lbs, I know you didn't see the game because you were asleep, but we played well, there was some spirit to us and some quality too. People are pleased, there's even a feeling that the manager didn't do too badly.

Might I suggest you stay awake during games, it'll help you understand the mood.

Very good point, so much effort on the pitch, very proud of the way the whole team played.

If i'm going to have one negative it is that after 70 minutes we really needed subs on (and more than just one) as quite a few players where nackered. If players had been subbed on earlier we might have held the win as the midfield were giving away the ball too easily.

Still a cracking game.

If todays result/performance shows us one thing, it shows us what this team can perform when they decide to give a **** !!

Great result, Great Performance - Well done boys lets hope we build on this starting Wednesday.

MOTM for me Clarke - Thought he was excellent !!

Heskey & Friedal close 2nd.

UTV.

we've not won for ages and today we've blagged a draw in the last minute against an out of form team.

Grow up would ya? Chelsea in Stamford bridge who had stopped their rot with a win on Wednesday and were desperate to keep it going against us who had lost any semblance of confidence. W#hat's more they were gifted a lead with the penno. If you keep reading and writing your own script your brain will eventually turn to mush if it hasn't already.

So, so proud of the team with that performance!! Simply outstanding!

Can't understand some people still being negative, I know that we sat back to defend our lead, but that is partly due to Chelsea cranking up the pressure due to the fact that they were losing!

Considering the way we have been playing, all of the speculation in the media, that was a fantastic performance, we were absolutly dead on our feet, having had a world class team come at us for pretty much an entire half, and we conceded in the last minute of the game, and yet we still had the heart to go again and claw back a well deserved equaliser.

As for subs, who knows whether or not that would have proved decisive? We will never know, but I suspect he did not want to disrupt a team who were keeping Chelsea at bay.

All I can say is if the team have finally put to bed some differences between themselves and the manager, it showed and I am relieved because I really was not looking forward to that game today, but we played like a team who were proud to wear the badge and willing to fight for it.

Loved Randys celebration too - shows he cares!!

From the very start it seemed as if the desire and passion was present in the entire team. The early protests from the Villa players against some of the ridiculous yellow cards and even the penalty proved that they do care and are willing to turn this season around.

Extremely nervous finish and at one stage there I felt devastated that we may have left Chelsea with no points, despite such a great effort by the team. They never gave up and with a bit more luck we could've left with the 3 points.

A draw is a great result though and will hopefully give the entire team a boost, as well as confidence. I really hope this isn't a one off performance, rather the beginning of a new year and new future for the club.

There was a real sense of unity amongst everyone during the entire 90 minutes, and the feelings and prospects have definitely changed as a result.

The team and coaching staff needs all the support they can get from the fans at this crucial time, however only time will tell if change has really occurred.

You did say you were asleep for most of the game, though, didn't you? :winkold:

Don't get me wrong, it's only a point and it'll mean nowt if we get turned over by Sunderland and don't build on the performance but saying those kinds of things having not watched most if not virtually all of the game isn't, perhaps, the most sensible of comments, is it?

Disappointed to lose a lead late again, but great fight and mental strength to fight to the end!

Lots of players stood out. I'd probably agree with Sky Sports Friedel MotM decision, but so many played well.

Yet another toss referee, the man was a biased embarassment. They commit 18 fouls and got 2 yellow (how did Essien stay on the pitch?), we commit 12 fouls and get 7 yellow cards! Not to mention the suspect penalty they got.

Conceeded more goals which is disappointing, but any point at The Bridge is a point gained, even when they're off form.

Â