Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Barrys boots - Playing 3 centre mids but no Petrov one of the only players who came out of Man City with any credit. Reo Coker was one of our poorer players against City so I'd drop him bring and bring in Delph who at least looked interested when coming on at City and put some effort in more than could be said for Reo Coker.

----------------------Friedel------------------------

L Young-------Cuellar----Collins--------Warnock

-----------------NRC------Petrov------------------

----------------------Delph-------------------------

Albrighton---------------------------------A Young

-----------------------Heskey-----------------------

I hope its a bollocking from Chelsea, so as it puts Houlliers job under more pressure.

Well aren't you a great fan. We should expect to battle but probably lose this match really anyway (if we're honest) another display like Citeh and he'll be under pressure but I think people need to realise that as soon as Houllier gets the sack we aren't instantly going to get confidence back and be organised in defence, Ireland and Carew aren't suddenly going to care and Dunne isn't suddenly going to forget where the pies are at halftime.

We need to pick our form up and it starts now. New Year New Players New Form

I hope its a bollocking from Chelsea, so as it puts Houlliers job under more pressure.

Well aren't you a great fan. We should expect to battle but probably lose this match really anyway (if we're honest) another display like Citeh and he'll be under pressure but I think people need to realise that as soon as Houllier gets the sack we aren't instantly going to get confidence back and be organised in defence, Ireland and Carew aren't suddenly going to care and Dunne isn't suddenly going to forget where the pies are at halftime.

We need to pick our form up and it starts now. New Year New Players New Form

I was taking the piss out of the thread that was made.

I'm not expecting anything here though, just as long as we keep it respectable.

Barrys boots - Playing 3 centre mids but no Petrov one of the only players who came out of Man City with any credit. Reo Coker was one of our poorer players against City so I'd drop him bring and bring in Delph who at least looked interested when coming on at City and put some effort in more than could be said for Reo Coker.

Yup but after 5 mins and we're 2 nill down people will be saying he shouldn't have played Delph and needed NRC in there to add some experience.

Doesn't matter regardless unless we fight we've got no chance.

Who the hell is this Jeffrey Bruma that's apparently starting for Chelsea tomorrow?..

Apparently an 18 year old centre back.. Interesting..

Not that it'll matter.. we'll still pass it around nicely with no real chances and then **** up in defense 2 or 3 times.

If/When we lose tomorrow, we will have the worse goal difference in the league.

---------------------Friedel--------------------

Lichaj-----Cuellar---------Collins--Warnock

---------------Hogg---------NRC--------------

Albrighton---------Ireland------------Young

---------------------Gabby--------------------

I think this game is set-up for Ireland, despite his troubles. I think that he sees himself as this great player, and here's the perfect shop window so he can get his move. May even be worth picking Dunne as well, given that in the last few years we've scored a lot of goals from set pieces against Chelsea.

I don’t think Cummings is possible. He needs to get a work permit. I assume it’s hard to get one on a Holiday weekend.

What I wish we could play

Friedel -Parish-Siegrest

L Young-Lichaj-Beye-Cueller-Collins-Dunne-Clark-Baker-Warnock-Lowry

Albrigton-Bannon-Sidwell-Petrov-NRC-Delph-Downing-Pires-Salifou-Osobrn-Johnson-Hogg-Herd-Ireland

Young-Gabby-Heskey-Carew-Delfouneso-Weimman

I know, I know, before you get critical, playing Warnock is still a risk and Ireland might not be any good on the outside of midfield. But I like living dangerously.

What I think is more likely

Friedel

Lichaj Collins Dunne Warnock

Alby Petrov NRC Downing

Young

Heskey

I hope we play with enough grit to be respectable. If we do, a good result is always a lucky bounce away.

.............Friedel

Lichaj Cuellar Collins Warnock

.....Reo Coker Petrov Delph

...........................Young

.......Heskey...Delfouneso

Ain't gonna happen I know, but I'd pick this team tomorrow.

Midfield steel, free up Young, Delph's passing, Heskey's hold up play bringing people into the game, Petrov sitting, NRC breaking up play and bursting and Fonz's goals and intelligent forward play.

Gabby, Downing and Albrighton to freshen things up.

Just thinking of the best ways we can quickly adapt to GH's passing style, I don't think the current set up is right. We played something very similar to this in 07/08 (think it was that season), when we were banging them in and played some good stuff.