Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

wedge

• Replies 1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Chelsea v Aston Villa (1330 GMT)

Aston Villa's 'display' against Manchester City on Tuesday was the most woeful I have seen from a team in the Premier League this year. It was embarrassing.

I am still not convinced that City's second goal - Joleon Lescott's header from the corner - went over the line but not one Villa player disputed it, which tells you everything you need to know about their lack of fight - they seemed resigned to defeat from the start.

I do not know what is happening there but Villa boss Gerard Houllier is trying to slowly turn it round. There seems to be one or two issues with certain players which makes his job more difficult but, whatever he does, he has to ensure the teams he sends out are fully committed.

You would like to think there will be some sort of reaction from Villa but Stamford Bridge will be a different place now Chelsea have returned to winning ways. They had a bad run but nicked a win and this is when they will look to build.

Lawro predicts Chelsea win 2-0, some harsh words.

A win is needed for the club and fans here and I hope there has been a considerable change in attitude from the last game. I'm going for 1-0 Villa.

Fair play mate. 30/1 with paddy power that.

Chelsea winning HT/FT Is more realistic i think. with 4/6 & 4/5 on offer is surley just printing money!..

I think Dunne will be reinstalled for this match and Lichaj moved to LB (if the rumours of Warnock's outburst are true) and Cuellar to RB.

................Freidel

Cuellar.Dunne.Collins.Lichaj

...........Petrov.Delph

Albrighton.Young.Downing

..............Heskey

Subs: Marshall, Gabby, Delfouneso, Ireland, NRC, Clark, Bannan

Can't help it as I can only see another heavy defeat regardless of Chelsea's current form and lack of defenders.....

I'm expecting at least 3-0.

-----------------Friedel---------------------

Lichaj------Cuellar-----Collins-------Warnock

-------------Delph----Petrov---------------------

Young------------------------------------Downing

-----------Gabby---------Heskey-------------

3-1 to Villa!