Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

played a lot of games for Villa and still have a lot of friends there. I still love that club."
Howsabout showing your love by gifting us a couple of own goals, then, Gazza? :)

Seriously, I don't think we should be totally gloomy about this game. Man C do have the odd lapse and there must come a match where it all starts to click for us, goals go in and confidence comes flooding back. We will look an entirely different side then. Why not today? I always live in hope. 2-1 to us.

My expectations for this game are absolutely zero. We can't score goals, as Sunday proved, and we concede too easily. My prediction, 3-0 to City.

Nice to see a bit of positivity in this thread. The one crumb of comfort I took from the Spurs match was the amount of chances we created. OK, they weren't clear-cut chances but if we could have a bit more composure in front of goal you never know.

I think Heskey not playing is a massive loss. We just need a good start and a bit of luck. It's the hope that kills you.

I've found an extract from Houllier's post match press conference that he's already prepared:

"My players heads went down when City scored the first goal"

"I was not pleased with the result but I can't fault the effort"

FFS! If I see Hogg in that starting line up (probably against De Jong, Barry and Toure!!!!!) then I'm going to vomit!

Might as well play the youth team for this 1, feel sorry for the people going to this! My team:

Parish

Lichaj clark baker deeney

Albrighton bannan gardner young (as it could be his last game in villa shirt)

Delfouneso weimann

They'd put up of a fight that's for certain

They'd also get absolutely battered and would give us absolute no chance of a result.

Stupid idea.

We'll get battered regardless of the team we play pob, i don't know if you've noticed but we're on our worst run for years and we have the worst team and manager we've had since i started supporting the team

Hogg has done ok but never should have started with Bannan, Petrov and NRC on the bench as they had Modric in midfield we could have gone like for like with Bannan.

He jumps into tackles too much and whether they are match fit or not I want to see both NRC and Petrov today.

Friedel, Lichaj, L Young, Warnock, Dunne, Collins, Cuellar, Clark, Hogg, Delph, Reo-Coker, Petrov, Bannan, Albrighton, Downing, A Young, Heskey, Delfouneso, Agbonlahor. Any XI from these.

1-0 win maybe 2-0. All 3 points. Robbery.

Barry & Milner excellent work rate but no threat. Tevez is short.