Match Thread - DO NOT TALK ABOUT STREAMS IN THIS THREAD

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Go boil your f-in balls mate ! -

In fact I just wrote a load, then deleted it as I dont want it as a "I'm a better fan than you"

Do you know, I've NEVER been so pessimistic as a Villa fan.

I was there in 86

I was there before the recovery began , Sept. 1987 languishing 17th in Div 2

I was there at Plough Lane in pouring rain watching us go out the FA Cup in the last minute of extra time to an own goal.

I was there all through the DOL years

But I had one thought

"AS SOON AS ELLIS GOES - WE WILLBE WHERE WE BELONG AGAIN"

Sorry kid, but I've realised - NOTHING , and I mean NOTHING has changed !

Always 2 players short - and always will be.

I've now realised Lerner is Ellis with a PR consultant !.

AND THATS WHY I AINT GOING TO MAN CITY - COZ I'VE HAD THE OPTIMISM SUCKED OUT OF ME !!!!!!!!!!!

So, I have a decision, waste 100 quid on a club that don't give a shit - and giving the well publicised problems, I think we can safely say a lot of players don't give a shit

Or I can spend the money on my wifes 40th birthday in London on 3rd January !

Yeah - I'm a SHIT supporter

Have a great 8th birthday !

EDIT

What a f-in cheek - sorry, I missed the last bit "I will support them no matter what on the TV " :lol:

Been all through it with you as I have been a fan since I was 3 back in 73. I was wrong to question your support for the Villa as each have their own reason to support the club. Mine is to support the club no matter what; I would care if we got relegated to the non-league but each and every game is so exciting to me I can't get down hearted. Every game has the chance to be the best game ever; you never know and that is what drives my love for the Villa and football in general.

Living in USA now makes it hard to travel to games so I'll take all the TV I can get. ;)

I think it is down to if we can keep Tevez quiet; he is on fire right now. We have the players to compete and would be very happy with a draw. Give the players some confidence going in the Chelsea game. The problem is I believe we would need to score to get that and we are struggling in front of goal. Would be a nice day to start a run of clean sheets. :)

Will miss Heskey if he doesn't play.

Friedel

Lichja

Warnock

Collins

Cueller

NRC (Captain)

Delph

Petrov

Downing

Albrighton

Gabby

Might as well play the youth team for this 1, feel sorry for the people going to this! My team:

Parish

Lichaj clark baker deeney

Albrighton bannan gardner young (as it could be his last game in villa shirt)

Delfouneso weimann

They'd put up of a fight that's for certain

Might as well play the youth team for this 1, feel sorry for the people going to this! My team:

Parish

Delfouneso weimann

They'd put up more of a fight that's for certain

On the plus side, Everton exposed some considerable flaws in Citys defence and showed they can definitely be got at.

On the minus side, our lot will want to do it the hard way and walk the ball into the net........when our forte of recent times was to hit teams hard and fast and direct on the break. So frustrating.

3-0 to the blue side of manchester I'm afraid.

City fan in peace.

We play poorly at home and have a hard time getting 3 points lately. Recent form doesn't seem to matter at Eastlands. It will be hard-fought and any outcome is just as likely as another.

Enjoy yourself, traveling Villans. :cheers:

Much like the Spurs team who couldn't win away from home. We really need another win soon, but my head says it won't be tomorrow, not a chance. I think the current Villa team has about as much confidence in themselves as I do.

Hopefully going to be proven wrong.....

Friedel

Lichaj Cuellar Clark Young

Reo-Coker Petrov

Albrighton Young Downing

Heskey.

Bench: Guzan, Warnock, Collins, Bannan, Delph, Delfouneso, Agbonlahor.

is what I'd like to see personally.

I honestly believe play a similar team to that, we might be able to sneak a draw.

Reckon Warnock will play though left back and Collins CB.

This.

I know what to expect from this game but there is always that little part of me that thinks we can get something no matter who the opposition are, how bad our form is etc.

Whatever I'll be there tomorrow supporting the lads as best I can but boy would it be nice to have a win and an enjoyable journey home as there have been some really depressing ones this season.

Parish

Delfouneso weimann

They'd put up of a fight that's for certain

They'd also get absolutely battered and would give us absolute no chance of a result.

Stupid idea.

The Guardian has some quotes from Gareth Barry.

Gareth Barry hopes to help his Manchester City team-mates consolidate their title challenge at Aston Villa's expense when the England midfielder's former club visit Eastlands tomorrow.

"I am looking forward to the game immensely," said Barry, who scored in City's 3-1 Boxing Day win at Newcastle United which lifted Roberto Mancini's side to second place. "I played a lot of games for Villa and still have a lot of friends there. I still love that club."

Even so, he hopes to help undo Gérard Houllier's team tomorrow afternoon when City will aim to reprise their excellent away form on home soil. "The difference at home is that teams are coming and setting up really deep and that makes it a lot harder to break them down," said Barry. "Our best performances have probably been away from home where the onus is on teams to attack us and there is more space for us to play through and maybe counter-attack."

If City can correct that sometimes iffy Eastlands form there is no reason why they cannot sustain a title bid. "If the League carries on as it has done in the first half of the season, with all the teams dropping points, I don't see why we can't be right up there at the end," said Barry.

"We know we need to just keep improving but I think our team has got better from the first six games. We have improved and improved. And if that continues, we can be right up there. But the likes of United and Chelsea have more experience as units capable of winning titles. We need to learn that quickly.

"That's the difference between our squad and the others but, if we can win the first title early, then it is going to be brilliant for City."

Prize‑collecting teams tend to boast two excellent goalkeepers and Mancini has reiterated his desire to resist offers for Joe Hart's understudy, Shay Given, during January. "I hope Shay can stay with us," said City's manager.

Much as he wants to win tomorrow, Mancini extended his support to the currently under pressure Houllier. "Gérard is a good man and a good manager," said the Italian, who confirmed he will refresh his team against Villa. "It's very difficult to play two games in three days. I will have to make changes. It's impossible not to."