Steam Holiday Sale

packoman

That theme tune brings back memories.

Regarding Steam. It does seem to get a lot of unwarranted bad press, but for the life of me I can't see why. Never had a minutes trouble with it since install and some of the sales are absolutely mind blowingly cheap.

I bought Magicka on there for £1.99 and it's bleeding splendid.

The last £1.99 game I bought was probably Kick Start 2 on the C64.

Myself and Nayson have it. We played about 30 minutes of co-op and then didn't go back. Not sure why because the game is great fun. We should all get together and play some.

X3: Terran Conflict is on sale right now. It's a giant space sandbox type of game and anyone who has fond memories of Elite (I'm looking at you Designer1) would to very well to pick it up. Don't bother buying the Superbox, the X3 Terran War Pack for £4.99 is all you need (X3: Terran Conflict made X3: Reunion obsolete)

Edit: And it turns out Albion Prelude (the expansion in the Terran War Pack) means Terran Conflict is obsolete. You still need TC to play AP but if you buy, download/install AP and play that.

I just got Railworks 3 Train Simulator 2012 deluxe for £2.99

Perhaps Naysons RL job isn't the piece of piss it looks.

Just relating something flabbergasting I noticed...

I've been tempted by Railworks in the past, but it's expensive at full price. Also it appears to have a lot of DLC so I didn't know where to start with it.

So, when it was on sale the other day, I had a look to see if there was a complete pack with all DLC included, similarly discounted. I was in luck! Railworks 3 2012 was indeed on sale bundled in with every bit of DLC for a whopping 80% off!!

Price:

€230

Yes, Railworks with all DLC costs something like €1140 :crylaugh:

Theres certainly a fair bit of community free dlc.

Nor that many routes though, I am on the lookout for a London to Brighton route, if you find one let me know. I am fairly sure that Trainz has one.

I just got Railworks 3 Train Simulator 2012 deluxe for £2.99

Perhaps Naysons RL job isn't the piece of piss it looks.

I have Railworks from the last sale, the interface is very different to how things actually are. Dunno what trains are in your version, but I drive Class 165s and Class 67s which are both in the game. Try and move a Class 67.

On the holiday-sale-albeit-not-Steam-related topic, I've just splurged my Xmas gains in Gamestation on Rage (Anarchy Edition), Dark Souls, Arkham City and Spacemarine. £63 all told, although I still won't start playing them for a couple months until Skyrim's done and dusted.

Well, the end of the sale looms. What did everyone else get? Here's what I got (I will never find the time to play most of these - I am an idiot)

Steam Sale Haul

Dungeons of Dredmor

Dungeons of Dredmor: Realm of the Diggle Gods

Tropico 4

E.Y.E.: Divine Cybermancy

Company of Heroes Complete Pack

Hard Reset (RoW)

Renegade Ops

X3 Albion Prelude

Machinarium

Space Pirates and Zombies(SPAZ)

Chronicles of Riddick: Assault on Dark Athena

Puzzle Agent

Puzzle Agent 2

Universe Sandbox

SpaceChem

SpaceChem: 63 Corvi mission

The Binding Of Isaac

Humble Indie Bundle 4

- Gratuitous Space Battles

- Jamestown

- Bit.Trip Runner

- Super Meat Boy

- Shank

- NightSky HD

Humble Indie Bundle 3

- Crayon Physics Deluxe

- Cogs

- VVVVVV

- Hammerfight

- And Yet It Moves

Not quite done yet though. I've still got my eye on a few more games I skipped over but I'm waiting until the final day of the sale arrives just in case. Also, the Gundemonium bundle looks like a definite next purchase as Jamestown really whet my appetite for bullethell stuff.

Didn't get lucky on any of the free gifts though. Only managed to craft one load of coal which gave me a 50% off Dwarfs?! voucher which is a game I'll never play or buy.

GoG Haul

Empire Earth: Gold Edition

Planescape: Torment

Ultima™ 7 The Complete Edition

Another World: 15th Anniversary Edition

Magic Carpet™

Baldur's Gate: The Original Saga

Baldur's Gate 2 Complete

RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe

Crusader: No Remorse™

Crusader: No Regret™

Little Big Adventure (Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure

Little Big Adventure 2 (Twinsen's Odyssey)

Sid Meier's Alpha Centauri™

Arx Fatalis

Gothic 2 Gold Edition

Icewind Dale Complete

Icewind Dale 2 Complete

Dungeon Keeper™ 2

There's stuff in these lists I don't even remember putting in my basket!

Little Big Adventure (Relentless: Twinsen's Adventure)

I loved this game, and hadn't realised it was available for Windows 7. Brilliant!

Yeah, great game. I've fond memories of playing it when it was released on the PSOne. But the GoG.com sale ends so get over there and fill yer boots!

Â