The All Things Apple (Only) Topic

Gingerlad

I come In need some help from any of you tekkies out there :)

I am having a problem trying to play some archived music from a website which is windows based

I have a macbook air running on macOS Sierra 10.12.1

I have VLC 2.2.4

I am trying to play this http://dyn.cyberjamz.com/archive.aspx?FID=Archive_20161216_001.asf

i click on the link to play and it gives me the option to open in VLC, so i click open and get this error message

Untitled 1.jpg

I know the file plays and its not a problem with the website as i have played it on my windows based works lappo.

I've deleted and re-installed VLC and still no joy.

Do i need a different player?

Is this http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac/store.asp worth the $10

Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated....

Edited by imavillan

1 hour ago, imavillan said:

I come In need some help from any of you tekkies out there :)

I am having a problem trying to play some archived music from a website which is windows based

I have a macbook air running on macOS Sierra 10.12.1

I have VLC 2.2.4

I am trying to play this http://dyn.cyberjamz.com/archive.aspx?FID=Archive_20161216_001.asf

i click on the link to play and it gives me the option to open in VLC, so i click open and get this error message

Do i need a different player?

Is this http://www.telestream.net/flip4mac/store.asp worth the $10

Any help anyone can give me would be appreciated...

Yes that Flip4Mac  - flip player works on an Old Macbook Pro 10.10.5 Yosemite

.Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 17.31.48.jpgScreen Shot 2016-12-23 at 17.32.13.jpg

• Like 1

Oh my **** god.

**** this useless stain of a company.

I sent the proof of purchase off on the 23rd. The guy told me it could take anywhere from 4 hours to 48 hours. That morning yesterday was the very latest the lock would be taken off the device. It gets to yesterday morning and it hasn't come off. I start a chat session with their support. These are some of the things they said.

Joss

It looks like we might have to get you over to phone support to get some more details. From what I can see here, the case was started on the 20th, and the process can take 2-3 business days to resolve.

OK. I chatted with a senior advisor and we were able to determine that the device is not unlocked yet. It could be because of the holiday. We can get some further details on the matter, but we’ll need to get you in touch with our phone support team to do that. I can set up a call for you if you’re available.

So we've gone from 4-48 hours to 2-3 business days. They call me today. The woman doesn't know anything about the situation, doesn't ask me for any further details and now tells me it can take 6 business days. Are they just plucking these numbers out of the air?

So now, I have a phone that is mine, I have proof it's mine, but it still doesn't work and Apple STILL aren't doing anything about it.

I'm complaining to OfCom (or whoever is the independent authority for this sort of thing)

Edited by StefanAVFC

19 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I'm complaining to OfCom (or whoever is the independent authority for this sort of thing)

As you've gone to the manufacturer rather than the retailer I don't think you have a legal remedy against Apple available at this stage. It's outside of OFCOM's jurisdiction. Trading standards perhaps, but their first question is likely to be "what did the retailer say?".

Did you buy the phone on a credit card? That might be your best route, but again they'll want to know why the retailer didn't assist.

Otherwise, you could sell it to CEX as you have proofs of ownership and escape the silo.

I'd try going right to the top, http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9165

Mr Mark Rogers Managing Director

Email rogers.m@apple.com

I give the phone monkeys a couple of chances, and if they can't get their shit together, I send a polite but firm email to the CEO outlining my problem, and the company's failure to deal with it satisfactorily. It's not failed me yet, there's usually an email from the CEO's team within a few hours. Names, dates, and the lies you've been told will help. :) 

4 minutes ago, limpid said:

As you've gone to the manufacturer rather than the retailer I don't think you have a legal remedy against Apple available at this stage. It's outside of OFCOM's jurisdiction. Trading standards perhaps, but their first question is likely to be "what did the retailer say?".

I'd normally agree, and go straight for the throat with the company I have a contract with rather than relying on a manufacturer's good will, but from what I understand Stefan bought it from his brother, which makes things a little tricky.

Just now, Davkaus said:

I'd normally agree, and go straight for the throat with the company I have a contract with rather than relying on a manufacturer's good will, but from what I understand Stefan bought it from his brother, which makes things a little tricky.

Ah I misunderstood then. I thought this was Stefan's phone he was trying to gift to his brother.

7 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

I'd try going right to the top, http://www.ceoemail.com/s.php?id=ceo-9165

Mr Mark Rogers Managing Director

Email rogers.m@apple.com

I give the phone monkeys a couple of chances, and if they can't get their shit together, I send a polite but firm email to the CEO outlining my problem, and the company's failure to deal with it satisfactorily. It's not failed me yet, there's usually an email from the CEO's team within a few hours. Names, dates, and the lies you've been told will help. :) 

I will if it doesn't change within the next week. It's the holidays so he probably won't reply now.

Just frustrating to be told so many different stories and lies.

12 minutes ago, StefanAVFC said:

I will if it doesn't change within the next week. It's the holidays so he probably won't reply now.

Just frustrating to be told so many different stories and lies.

You'll need to convince them that this is the end for you and Apple if it doesn't get fixed. If they think you'll still just buy another iphone regardless, they won't help.

On 23/12/2016 at 17:37, blandy said:

Yes that Flip4Mac  - flip player works on an Old Macbook Pro 10.10.5 Yosemite

.Screen Shot 2016-12-23 at 17.31.48.jpgScreen Shot 2016-12-23 at 17.32.13.jpg

purchased flip4mac and hey presto tick tock......thanks for the reply Blandy

• Like 1

Â