AVFC-Prideofbrum

Come on then.... line up? predictions?

Friedel

Young Cuellar Collins Warnock

Albrighton Reo-Coker Bannan Downing

Young

Heskey.

Team:

Lichaj did well last game but I just don't want to see him up against Bale. Bale is over-rated, he ain't world class but he's a class player and Lichaj I feel would get raped. Young dealt with him well at White Hart Lane.

Reo-Coker's best game of the season was at Spurs so I'd play him, while I think Bannan would give us some creativity in the middle as Spurs do let you play a little so need to take advantage of that.

Agbonlahor, I know scored vs Spurs last year but I don't think he's ever caused that many problems against Spurs and they do have quite quick defenders. Heskey at Spurs earlier in year caused them so many problems in the 20 minutes he did play and strength was too much for them, so I'd prefer Heskey to Gabby for this one, while I think as I said, Spurs let you play at times so I think Young in the hole could find some real good positions and cause problems.

I thought the system worked against Spurs and we deserved far more from the game than we got, in fact had Heskey stayed on and not been injured, I think we would of. So yeah, I'll go with a draw for this one.

• Replies 696
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Spurs have a very good team but as we've proven over the last few seasons we can get a result against anybody.

I'm sure we have the players to beat Spurs. I don't however think we have the manager to set them up right and to send them out with the right attitude.

Would be surprised if we won, although stranger things have happened. I would be happy with a point though I would like to see us have a go at them and test their defence and Gomes. Will Ashley Young be back? Set pieces could gift us a few chances especially if he's whipping them in.

Leaving Gabby out of the starting line-up sounds like an odd move. Our top scorer for the last 2 seasons of course has to play.

We've got a game 2 days later, so to be honest. Whoever plays upfront vs Tottenham, I'd play the other vs Man City. So it doesn't matter too much but I think Heskey caused Spurs all sorts of problems last time and hence why I'd go with him.

I would like to see us play 2 up front against Tottenham as this is a match we are more likely to get something out of.

I think Tottenham are being slightly over-rated on here. They've won once outside of London (in all competitions) this season.

They're beatable but of course we'd need to play well.

Look at how Bolton beat them a while back. They played attacking exciting football and they couldn't handle Davies. If we can get Heskey doing the same we have a good chance to get a minimum of a point.

At home we shouldn't be losing to the likes of Spurs.

I hope this is called off due to weather :)

I'd cry if it was, meant to be arriving in London for the first time on the 26th morning and am hoping to have enough time to get to Villa park for my first live game.

Also team i'd go with:

Friedel

Lichaj - Cuellar - Collins - Young

NRC - Hogg

Albrighton - Young - Downing

Heskey

Gabby can come on around 65-70 minutes and hopefully make a big impact. Went with Hogg and NRC as I think those two will give the front 4 more freedom to attack.

I'd go with:

--------------- Friedel ----------------

Young - Cuellar - Collins - Warnock

------------ NRC - Hogg -------------

Albrighton - Downing ---------- Ash

-------------- Heskey ----------------

NRC and Hogg to keep it solid and free Warnock and Young to get forward and support. I would use Gabby and Bannan as subs with 20-30 left depending upon the game situation at the time.

--------------- Friedel ----------------

Young - Cuellar - Collins - Warnock

------------ NRC - Hogg -------------

Albrighton - Downing ---------- Ash

-------------- Heskey ----------------

Like that team. Harsh on Lichaj but I think experience of Young needs to be up against Bale for this one.