Travel & Social

deeps

this will be first away match and im just wondering what time the majority of the villa fans get to ground?

Between 2:55 and 3:05

is that meant to be sarcastic?

Not at all. Some fans will turn up an hour before kick off, watch the players warm up and whatever, but it wont start to fill up untill 10mins before kick off at the very earliest.

I like many others would much rather stay in the pub and turn up for kick off.

booked the train yesterday 25quid return from new street direct to sheffield

Anyway anyone looking at train travel don't get ripped off, there are currently returns avaialble for £11.50 e/w however this requires selected trains (as opposed to the on the day fare of £37.80)

If you are prepared not to have booked seats though split your tickets into a day return New St - Derby (£13.70) and day return Derby - Sheff (£8.80), totalling £22.50.

Also to add you won't need to change trains doing this either!

What times were these tickets for man? Cheapest I can find is £25.50 (in total), and thats arriving in Sheffield from New Street at 14:17 and leaving at 17:27 (via derby)

I've got a railcard so can get that for £17.50, but the other 3 I'm going with don't have one.

Unfortunately my supporters club have had to cancel the coach due to lack of interest - it wouldve been £5! Although there is the Leamington one (via Cov) which is £15...

Might end up driving up I reckon :?

The best away pub is The Howard, literally just opposite the train station.

How far is that from the ground, walking?

The Howard is about 10-15 mins walk from the ground

When you come out of the station The Howard is just across the road (you need to walk up the path with the fountain next to it first).

From The Howard the ground really isn't too far at all, I would recommend walking up the road that The Howard is on toward the Hallam Uni campus (you will go past a pub called The Globe on your left) and then when you get to the main road at the top turn left. Walk all the way down this road toward Decathlon (on your right) and from there you will have to walk through an underpass under the roundabout to get to the ground. The long road you have been walking along becomes Brammall Lane once you have walked under the roundabout.

Or you can walk along the road which runs along next to the left hand side of the SHowroom cinema (which is opposite the pub), and turn right when you get to the main road at the other end of it. There will be people walking this way I reckon.

been there on google street view. best way looks left out of train station along sheaf street then bare right onto shoreham street then carry on along that until you reach the main road st mary's road then turn turn until you hit the roundabout then left under the underpass and your on brammall lane and can see the ground.

Thats a great idea. Preach the morale high ground and we'll be getting behind a Championship team next season.

In all my years I have never berated a manager but desperate times call for desperate measures and if you really think the supporters slagging the manager off is gonna change a thing then you are clearly living in clowd cuckoo land. Have you not witnessed the inept performance this season. The players don't respect him or give a ****.

So yes I'll be acting like a dick and I'll be giving Mr Houllier a round of ****.

Anyone else stopping in Chesterfield?

MILFNER - In answer to this question....Yes I will be in 2012 when we play there in the league!!! MonsXI....I take your point about getting behind the team but I'm sorry I'm with Villaboy69 on this!!

It does not matter how much we get behind the team with the Gallic Gormo at the helm cos he is clueless!! Take last night..Right footed England centre forward playing on the left wing.....Brilliant left footed crosser of the ball on the right wing......and Ashley consistently the best winger & crooser of a ball in the country for the last three seasons playing a central role with his back to goal all night???? Is that the actions of a manager you want to see given money to spend???

I'm sorry but its time for the fans to let their feelings be known to the Chairman!!! Villaboy send me your seat number details & i'll join ya!! I hate GH with a passion & that passion will be aired Saturday!! HOULLIER OUT

Im not preaching at all, the way I see it is inside the ground you support the team for 90 minutes when lose or draw through the good time and the bad times and you show everyone how much you love your club. If you feel you need to give the manager the dogs abuse then meet the coach when they arrive or before they depart the ground.

This is a time when we should be sticking together and supporting the team yes half of them don't deserve our support but the kit and the badge they wear of the club I support so they will get it.

On Saturday I will be singing for 90 minutes not booing and calling for the managers head.

I have to say in any other situation I would entirely agree with you but I just look at the inept spineless performances being dished up by the same bunch of players that have finished 6th 6th & 6th and can not except that it has anything to do with anything other than the manager. If this guy stays in charge we will definately be relegated.

I know the principle of supporting the team is the right one but on the other hand look at the magnificent support they received at Liverpool at Man City At Newcastle did it make any difference - NO

So berating the manager won't change the performance or the result on Saturday. What it may do is show the chairman exactly how the majority of supporters feel.

Whilst the transfer window is open and there is still a glimmer of hope I'll be voicing my discontent, when the window is closed and there is **** all I can do then I shall revert to supporting the team come what may and what will be will be.

I wont be booing from the off that pointless, same at city and sunderland, despite what people are trying to suggest by and large the support is there until the performance drops, at city we chanted for them for 45 minutes despite possibly the worst ive ever seen us, 2nd half he **** had it

If we go a goal down whatever minute it will turn against him

And no matter what i wont be chanting GHs name

Guys,

travelling up in car - not been to Bramall lane before.

Where is best place to park ?

Also, seems as though The Howard is the pub to aim for by train station - is this the case, or are there any others near to the ground that are ok for away supporters ?

Cheers

Phil.

I have to say in any other situation I would entirely agree with you but I just look at the inept spineless performances being dished up by the same bunch of players that have finished 6th 6th & 6th and can not except that it has anything to do with anything other than the manager. If this guy stays in charge we will definately be relegated.

I know the principle of supporting the team is the right one but on the other hand look at the magnificent support they received at Liverpool at Man City At Newcastle did it make any difference - NO

So berating the manager won't change the performance or the result on Saturday. What it may do is show the chairman exactly how the majority of supporters feel.

Whilst the transfer window is open and there is still a glimmer of hope I'll be voicing my discontent, when the window is closed and there is **** all I can do then I shall revert to supporting the team come what may and what will be will be.

What do you mean by the last part mate? Surely replacing Houllier with another manager isn't going to make us any more of an attractive prospect for any players we can actually afford, let alone mean that the new manager would bring in decent signings, if any at all.

If you want to give abuse to the team or manager wouldn't it be better to do it after the game if you see fit to do so? I couldn't bring myself to rip it out of the team while they're playing, especially not while they're still in the game. 100% support for the lads on the pitch while they're playing. UTV.

I have absolutely no intention of ripping out the team during the game but I wont shy away from letting the manager know exactly what I think of him. Saying that I won't be going out of my way to abuse him but if we are losing again then he can expect to get some.

The last part was trying to say that I believe that any manager worth his salt would be capable of inspiring performances that are good enough to get results from this group of players. Whilst the window is open then there is still a glimmer of hope that a new man would come in, and have enough time to buy one or two players.

I simple have no faith in GH and certainly don't have the faith in him spending wisely.

I really hope he proves me wrong

Â