Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

You can get Skyrim for £4.99 in GAME, if you trade in one of the following:

Batman Arkham City

That sounds like a plan! Im gonna be a busy boy this weekend with this and MW3 :nod:

Ooooh, I might rush through a NG+ this week and do this.

I want to play this now and lose my social life for 6 months

Fixed that for you mate :winkold:

Also, does it matter that ive never played any of the Elder Scrolls games?

No mate doesnt matter in the slightest. In fact, id say you will probably get more out of it going into it not having played the others.

I cant wait now. FOUR DAYS!!!

Its not really like any of those Wiggy to be honest, bar some shades of WOW. I can't really think of any well known games that particularly relate to it much.

It's a open world game were you create a character and spec them to follow certain paths, and gradually make them more powerful, like WOW. The open world is more about exploration than it is mucking about, you'll come across dungeons and shrines and ruins to go search and loot, sometimes you'll specifically be sent to them on a quest. You'll stumble across people who will give you tasks and some you'll be sent to to get quests.

The fighting isnt turn based like Final Fantasy, its all real time, and the speccing of your character is more freeform than FF too, you can choose the type of character you want be that a robe wearing lizard wizard immune to poisons, a lightly armoured cat man thief with a liking for bows or a hulking great barbarian wearing full armour and a dirty great axe, but also a great persuader...

Not everyone takes to these games because they dont guide the player much. Oblivion was renowned for once you'd got outside of the starting area you were given this huge world to explore and the main quest put back burner (if you wanted), it could be overwhelming. If you just played the main quest it was slightly disappointing. If you wandered, found other things to do, it was superb.

You don't need to have played the earlier games, by and large the stories in the series stand alone.

So in a nutshell Stu, do you start out with 'nothing' and have to build up your characters powers as you go along?

Basically.

The more you use something the better you become at it. e.g.If you use swords a lot your blade skill will increase. If you use the bow a lot your Marksman skill will increase. Then as your character levels up you can choose a perk relating to one of these skills.

Morrowind now that was an exceptional game

Was pretty underwhelmed with the last elder scrolls i look forward to playing this on my new PC rig though can give it a run for its money

Just hope it hasnt been dumbed down to much like the last one though due to it also being on consoles

I've pre-ordered this. Can someone text me if VT goes down after release day?

Best put that in a Sticky on OT, nobody on this thread'll notice if the site goes down the day after release either :winkold:

Did i expect you to? I wasn't showing off I meant it will be a good benchmark for what my system is capable of as Bethesda keep barking on about there so called new "creation engine" which will apparently be on a par with crysis 2 which i very much doubt

I've seen plenty of people posting about how they have bought a limited edition Xbox for modern warfare 3 and Gears of war...

Â