Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

Frobisher

I wonder if I'll be playing through this three times like I did with Oblivion? From the looks of it, I probably will. If this manages to top Oblivion it will be my GOTY, it's that simple.

I also think with this, SR3 and SWTOR all coming out before the end of the year, 2011 will have been quite an epic year for games.

Update on the premium/cloth map - basically no online retailer knows what is going on. Play, Amazon, Tesco, et al are all having 'on going correspondance with the developer' in regard to it. The crux of it seems to be, in the UK/Europe at least, no one can guarantee the premium map. I am pretty certian it wll just ship with every pre-order though

Premium Skyrim Map Pre-order Bonus

We are currently clarifying whether Amazon.co.uk customers will receive the premium quality map bonus with their pre-order of The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim. We will update this message once we can confirm.

I wonder if I'll be playing through this three times like I did with Oblivion?

3 times!! Jeez. I only ever played it through once. Clocked up about 150 hours on it. I started a few other games, but whenever I played another I always felt as though I was betraying my proper save...and just had to go back.

Having said that, I might actually buy Oblivion for PS3 and give it a whirl in anticipation for this, as I'm getting really really eager for it now, more so than any game in a long while. Never played it on console, I'm interesting to see how it looks. Looked great on my PC, couldnt play it on max mind you...damn you shadows on grass!

Update on the premium/cloth map - basically no online retailer knows what is going on

Pretty much what i thought. I mean, if you look on shopto.net the game is pictured with the cloth map but then in the description underneath it doesnt even mention it. The collectors edition isnt on there either. Ive not pre ordered yet because i thought something a bit iffy was going on. Hope they get this sorted pretty sharpish

Still so far away! :(

Wired.com had a 3 hour demo session. My favourite bit of the review.

2:22 PM – I decide to walk back to Falkreath, slaying bandits and other annoying vermin along the way. I encounter a haughty noble couple en route to a wedding party. The man mentions that they are carrying lots of expensive gifts.

2:23 PM – I finish looting their dead bodies.

Cant believe after how long i have been waiting for this that it is now only 2 weeks and about 4 days away. I get excited about a lot of games but only elderscrolls games can turn me into a gibbering spaz.

The only thing I dont know is what version of the game to get.

Â