Original Match Thread - MATCH OFF

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Friedel

Lichaj, Cuellar, Collins, Warnock

Albrighton, Clark, NRC, Downing

Ireland

Heskey

Subs: Guzan, Dunne, Hogg, Bannan, Gabby, Carew, Delf

Or if Gabby is fit put him up top with Heskey with Ireland on the bench.

With the news Ash Young is out we should plum for a 4-4-2 and go at them from the off.

For me (with the other Young injured too) i'd go for

...............Friedel

Lichaj.Cuellar.Collins.Warnock

Albrighton.NRC.Bannan.Downing

.......Heskey.Gabby

I'd go with this now...

Friedel

Lichaj-Cuellar-Collins-Warnock

Albrighton-Hogg-NRC-Downing

Heskey-Agbonlahor

That would be my team as well.

I think we'll be ok without Ash. Albrighton is now back to his best and Heskey seems to be getting back on form too.

Couldnt Agree with playing Clark ahead of Hogg & Bannan.

Nor could I agree with Ireland over Agbonlahor.

Which is why I said if Gabby is fit then play him instead of Ireland. BUT if he isn't fully fit I just don't think it is worth risking him, even at 90%, with the games we have coming up, maybe bring him on for the last twenty or so but not from the start.

I like Clark, which is why I put him in there above Hogg. I also think that playing Bannan and Ireland in the centre with just NRC to play the more defensive role puts too much pressure on him as he is just returning from injury.

Bad news about Young, but we should still have enough to beat this lot. Certainly hope so - we have to get our points from somewhere and if not against a team who have only beaten Wolves and the Baggies in the league at home this season, have got 10 points from 9 home games and have averaged near on 0.5-1 goals per home game, then who? The danger is that Martinez seems to have drilled his squad to go for draws in recent games, so there is a risk they will play defensively, leading to what I would regard as dropping 2 points.

I'd go with this now...

Friedel

Lichaj-Cuellar-Collins-Warnock

Albrighton-Hogg-NRC-Downing

Heskey-Agbonlahor

im happy with this too.

I'd also be happy with resting Gabby for the Christmas program and playing Bannan in the hole.

I'd rather Gabby play in this game as it is vital we get three points.

Hanky's team is the only sensible option for me, and the one I fully expect.

The only question mark revolves around Hogg / NRC / Bannan, not to mention that untill recently, Clark has been ahead of Hogg in the pecking order.

Bad news about Young, but we should still have enough to beat this lot. Certainly hope so - we have to get our points from somewhere and if not against a team who have only beaten Wolves and the Baggies in the league at home this season, have got 10 points from 9 home games and have averaged near on 0.5-1 goals per home game, then who? The danger is that Martinez seems to have drilled his squad to go for draws in recent games, so there is a risk they will play defensively, leading to what I would regard as dropping 2 points.

Unbeaten in the last 7 home games in all comps so won't be an easy one but one we should be getting at least a point out of. Anything less is just simply not good enough, point isn't good but it's not a disgrace, depends how the game goes.