Original Match Thread - MATCH OFF

AVFC-Prideofbrum

Lets face it - nothing matters apart from the result.

Get three points here, and a bit of luck elsewhere and we could be right back up there.

Bugger it up, and with some bad results and our upcoming fixtures, it could be squeeky bum time.

Think we will win it though, and I think we will do it comfortably - 2 or 3 nil

NRC having another week , Heskey the same, and hopefully Gabby back will make a HUGE difference to our side

If we win, I think we could really push onto probably top 10, maybe even 8th/9th finish.

A loss, I think it'll be 12th-15thish....I know that seems quite dramatic but I think a win, the confidence it can give the team going into Christmas, if we can sneak a couple of decent results, players coming back, few signings in January, we could really kick on. A loss however, could see us fall back around 16th, confidence dropping for some tough games coming up.

A win would be a really cracking result.

How so?

Having just one defensive midfielder is pretty risky. More attacking players doesn't always make you more attacking. You need to be able to win the ball back for starters to actually have possesion and attack teams. Then when the defence get the ball, unless they go from A-B straight away (long ball) then we are going to struggle to actually get on the ball in dangerous areas simply because there's barely any link from defence to midfield to attack.

I just don't think Young is a CM. Ireland is more defensive than Young and we've seen what can happen when he plays in a central midfield 2!

He might try Downing in the middle with Hogg, rest Bannan, play Ash on left, Albrighton on right and Gabby & Heskey up front. Though I don't think he will. He'll play 4-5-1 with Downing left, Albrighton Right, Bannan and Hogg in the centre again with Young floating about as usual and Gabby up front on his own, then he'll bring on Heskey with 20-25 mins to go taking Gabby off

This is the first time he's had such a selection headache and he's even got the Luke Young vs Lichaj dilema if Young is fit, it will be interesting to see which team he picks

WHat about NRC? Shirley he has to play?

For me he's no better than anything else we've got. I'd use him as a sub against Wigan, not sure he's fully up to 90 mins just yet anyway, he was out for sometime

I think he should start if possible.

If anything it will dampen out the issue of in-experience that we are having at the moment. This was most evident at the Liverpool game, as the mistakes that led to the us conceeding goals generally came from the youngsters.

I think we will beat Wigan as long as we don't conceed a goal early. 2 -0 before half time and we are ****.

I think this is the priority issue Mr Houllier needs to address. Our players seem to be losing interest as soon as we go behind and he needs to bring out a more positive attitude out of them for the second half.