Original Match Thread - MATCH OFF

AVFC-Prideofbrum

I fully expect Gabby to be back

----------------------FRIEDEL---------------------

LICHAJ------CUELLAR-----COLLINS-----L.YOUNG

ALBRIGHTON-----NRC-----BANNAN-----DOWNING

---------------YOUNG-----------GABBY-------------

Tough call for team selection, I think I'd go with quite a battling team.

Friedel

Lichaj Cuellar Collins Young

Hogg Reo-Coker

Albrighton Young Downing

Heskey.

Bench: Guzan, Dunne, Warnock, Bannan, Ireland, Gabby, Delfouneso.

That for me depending on Gabby's fitness. Toss up between Warnock and Luke Young for left back as well, both have been poor this season.

Friedel

Hogg Reo-Coker

Albrighton Young Downing

Heskey.

That for me depending on Gabby's fitness. Toss up between Warnock and Luke Young for left back as well, both have been poor this season.

That's harsh. I think Luke Young has done quite well. Warnock has been poor without a doubt though.

I don't think so. I can't remember too many errors Luke Young has made this season, had a bad couple games but overall has been solid this season. Certainly compared to Dunne/Collins/Warnock this season.

Also, a manager factor in Luke Young left back is that N'Zogbia usually on the right likes to cut inside which means he will cut inside onto Luke Young's stronger side which obviously he's better. Warnock just gets skinned way too easy.

Friedel

Hogg Reo-Coker

Albrighton Young Downing

Heskey.

Young's been better.

Same for me, whatever Gabby's fitness I'd start him from the bench anyway.

I think Warnock is noticed a lot more (and perhaps has been slightly poorer) due to his awful passing. Think Luke Young positionally has been woeful this season, perhaps all round slightly better. The toss up for me was the fact Warnock is naturally left footed but Young has done well in the past there. Lichaj should keep his place.

I want Heskey to play again, need him against a bustling Wigan side.

Don't really have any figures to back this up but you'd have to say some combination of Heskey, Albrighton and Downing has been responsible for at least 70-75% of our goals/assists this season.

Friedel

Hogg Reo-Coker

Albrighton Young Downing

Heskey.

This would make sense although I might keep Warnock in the starting XI as Young is only just returning from a groin strain. I would also have Clark on the bench in front of SI in case NRC breaks down. I would also, but Ged won't, bring Downing inside and shove Ash out wide left.

Agree on the above team from POB.

Would personally be reluctant to drop Bannan, but I think we need to start putting as much experience back into the team as possible. So on this basis, drop him back to the bench.

Would keep Warnock, and would keep Young as captain.

I have a horrible feeling Cuellar will drop back out, but I hope to be proved wrong.

Agree on the above team from POB.

Would personally be reluctant to drop Bannan, but I think we need to start putting as much experience back into the team as possible. So on this basis, drop him back to the bench.

Would keep Warnock, and would keep Young as captain.

I have a horrible feeling Cuellar will drop back out, but I hope to be proved wrong.

yeah me too. Can see Dunne returning.

-------------Friedel-----------------

Lichaj--Cuellar--Collins--Warnock

-----------Reo-Coker--------------

Albrighton----Bannan----Downing

-------------Young-----------------

------------Heskey-----------------

Or id play Gabby if fit with Heskey and Ash in Bannans place.

-------------------------------------------Friedel-----------------------------------------------

Lichaj-----------------Cuellar-------------------------------Collins-------------Clark/Young

Albrighton------------NRC----------------------------------Hogg----------------Downing

---------------------------------------Young------------------------------------------

---------------------------------------Heskey----------------------------------------

Subs:

Guzan

Beye

Dunne

Warnock

Ireland

Bannan

Gabby

Fonz

This game always depends on which Wigan side actually turn up. One week they'll roll over and the next they're upsetting the odds and beating the likes of Chelsea off the pitch!!

Whichever it is, I think we need our talisman to start.......go on Emile.

I'd rather see Bannan instead of Hogg, but other than that the above is the team that should be playing on saturday

Bannan is possibly my favourite player, but I think he needs to drop out for this one.

Albrighton, Young & Downing will provide enough going forward, and it's probably time to re-introduce to steel into our engine room.