• A Young
    • Albrighton
    • Bannan
    • Hogg
    • Heskey
    • Reo-Coker (for Bannan 73)
    • Delfouneso (for Heskey 83)
    • Herd (for Albrighton 90+2)

toss up between Downing and Albrighton but I've gone for Downing. a mention for Lichaj who had a fairly solid game, look forward to seeing more from him. also thought Ash gave a decent captain's performance, and we looked a lot better for having King Carlos back (aside from his late error).

THREE POINTS!!!! YEEEEEESSSS!

After quite a long shaky start we started to play with a bit more composure and in the 2nd half looked back to ourselves at times, which is good.

Pleased with the lads today - I thought Lichaj did a good job against Thomas, who was giving me a lot of grief throughout, and Albrighton being back made a big difference for us - he did very well. MoTM for me has to be Downs though.

only saw the second half, but seemed pretty decent to me. Nervy at times understandably, but that's a confidence boosting win.

shows oddly enough that we fare better when our better players can start...

personally I also wander whether we should have Gabby on the bench for the next match to stay one up with Heskey... nice finish for the big man too.

Albrighton's development is just staggering. Has quickly elevated himself to a pivotal member of the team even though he and some of the young'uns still have a bit to learn.

Lichaj in the second half seemed ok.

in general control needs to improve with the ball, and the defending still needs lots of work, but I trust Dunne will not be seeing the starting line up injuries permitting for a while.

A very much needed win and an enjoyable game... once we'd bagged our second when it was clear we had the points. Thank **** Cuellar is back finally. He didn't save us the match but we certainly lokked more solid at the back with him there.

Did you see that Houlier!? No more Dunne and Collins, please!

That was much better. Absolutely chuffed to bits we've won and there will be no gloating from the boggies contingent in my office on Monday!

Warnock was still very poor though, I reckon he will be off in January.

So pleased we got the win, we desperately needed those three points and we got them. The performance itself wasn't great though, and there's still a lot of work to be done, but that can come during the week. For now let's enjoy the win - hopefully one of many over the next couple of months.

Just shows how strange the league is this season, we are now currently 4 points from the bottom 3 and 4 points from 6th. Our form along with the rest of the league leaves a lot to be desired, we now have a very tough run of fixtures to the new year, but fingers crossed we can get at least a few points from these games. Then who knows for January onwards which Villa will turn up?

Welcome back Marc Albrighton. Good lad.

We needed the three points and we got them.

Huge improvement from the crap last week and the defense looked solid. Good debut from Lichaj aswell.

Collins looked ten times the player he's been this season and I think that's due to Cuellar playing beside him.

MOTM anyone out of Albrighton, Downing and Heskey.

Heskey was fantastic, on the attack and defensively, something we miss when he is not playing. Might not have even conceded a goal if Heskey stayed on for last 10. Albrighton's crosses were superb. Gotta say, WBA probably were the better team in first half, but we were by far the better team in second. A deserved win!

Wasn't a vintage performance, but it was as good as it had to be. Downing MotM, for the first goal, and for pulling most of the strings in midfield. Albrighton's crossing completed the picture.

Heskey played at his best, which was impressive for someone just back. Cuellar really stiffened up the defence and helped Lichaj to build up his confidence. If we can only stop conceding from set pieces we might get a good run of form.

Maybe WBA flattered us. They had a lot of possession but really did very little with it, except when they were waltzing into our box too easily from our left.

Massive punch fist at the final whistle. Such a massive 3 points, can't be under-estimated. Also makes the possibility of relegation very, very, very minimal unless we are absolutely terrible until the end of the season and can't even win 5, draw 5 in our last 21 games :lol:

I gave MOTM to Ashley Young for his sheer effort for the cause. I thought he was everywhere and put in a captains display.

Heskey looked jaded towards the end as expected but a very good shift and great to have him back, he gives you something different, something 'gritty' that allows you to go longer when you have to and he'll battle and work. Goal return isn't too shabby either so far as well.

Albrighton and Downing on the wings have been very good all season and nothing changed again. Albrighton always a threat and great delivery while Downing with also some great delivery and ability to keep possesion.

I thought this was Hoggs best game yet, while Bannan didn't really get involved. Anyway, good win and hopefully now we can build on that.

with 8 mins to go Carlos had walked it .. but for his f**k up leading to the goal I went for Albrighton instead

Ash caused them problems but his delivery is still very poor a lot of the time ..

Was impressed with Lichaj today , a few rookie errors but overall he showed promise

Hogg got stuck in and does seem to be improving , don't know if he will make it or not but would be interesting to see him alongside Petrov

Â