SIGNED: Charles N'Zogbia (Wigan)

billy_loes

I like N'Zogbia. Would be a good signing. But if you went to Wigan now and offered a straight swap, Young for N'Zogbia, players both happy with the move, Dave Whelan and Roberto Martinez would have your arm off. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in cloud cuckoo land.

And that tells you everything you need to know.

I like N'Zogbia. Would be a good signing. But if you went to Wigan now and offered a straight swap, Young for N'Zogbia, players both happy with the move, Dave Whelan and Roberto Martinez would have your arm off. Anyone who thinks otherwise is in cloud cuckoo land.

Its not just about the players ability though its also about how they would fit in to your team. For me, Ash has bags of ability but he can't seem to use it consistently. He hasn't stuck to what he does best and tried to develop it he's tried to turn himself into a different type of player and that hasn't worked for him IMO.

Downing, on the other hand, has developed as a player over the last 18 months by working hard on his right foot which gives him options/a trick and allows him to beat a full back. I can't remember the last time Ash ran at a full back and beat him like he did in his first couple of seasons when he was the most exciting player I can remember at VP for a long time.

I thing the Zog would work better in a 4-3-3. He is probably less of a typical winger than Ash (which slightly contradicts what I have said above I know but that is how I see Ash when he is at his best) and is more suited to coming in off the wing and linking up with the striker, as he has done regularly at Wigan this season with Rodallega.

I would personally love to see a front 4 of:

----------- Milner ------------

DJ ----------------------- Zog

------------ Bent -------------

Please God (or Randy) make it so.

I'm a Wigan fan and a straight swap deal between Young and N'Zogbia would be much better for Villa.

N'Zogbia, scores more goals, creates more goals, better set pieces, better at dribbling and has better touch, best of both in the league statistically and is younger than Young and is on a much lower wage.

N'Zogbia is also far more consistent. Best winger in the league, better player then Antonio Valencia, who we sold to Manchester United for 17m, 2 seasons ago.

Which is why Charles N'Zogbia is heading to Manchester United for 12m, all but agreed. Should be sorted late June when everyone returns from holiday.

I'm a Wigan fan and a straight swap deal between Young and N'Zogbia would be much better for Villa.

N'Zogbia, scores more goals, creates more goals, better set pieces, better at dribbling and has better touch, best of both in the league statistically and is younger than Young and is on a much lower wage.

N'Zogbia is also far more consistent. Best winger in the league, better player then Antonio Valencia, who we sold to Manchester United for 17m, 2 seasons ago.

Which is why Charles N'Zogbia is heading to Manchester United for 12m, all but agreed. Should be sorted late June when everyone returns from holiday.

N'Zogbia is a good player but with a bad attitude.

United will not sign him, because they will sign Young instead.

Young is a better player by far. Has N'Zogbia played for France much?

Don't get me wrong, I would take him as Young's replacement for about £8m. But he needs to improve when he plays for a big club. It is easy to be the big fish in a small pond, lets see if he can be a smaller fish in a larger pond.

:shock:

I guess Wikipedia has got it wrong then as N'Zog has 27 career goals from 246 apps, whereas Young has 62 career goals from 297 apps. Also from memory Young was second only to Fabregas for assists in his first 3 seasons with us, he regulary has double figures on assists, even this season when he hasn't been on top form he has managed 12 assists. I can't find assists for N'Zog, but if as you said previously your problem is goalscoring, then I can assume that he can't have that many.

• 1 month later...

If Downing leaves, I'd be happy with N'Zogbia as his replacement (Albrighton being the replacement for Young.)

Blues had a bid of £9m accepted last summer, so hopefully we could get him for a similar price (only has a year left on his contract.)

Fantasy Premier League 2010/2011

Charles N'Zogbia (age 25) - 167 points (2785 minutes played, 9 goals, 7 assists, 33 bonus points)

Stewart Downing (age 26) - 163 points (3385 minutes played, 7 goals, 9 assists, 18 bonus points)

Ash Young (age 25) - 160 points (3050 minutes played, 7 goals, 11 assists, 27 bonus points)

N'zogbia seems to be a similar calibre of player to Young and Downing.

Would be a good replacement.

Fantasy Premier League 2010/2011

Charles N'Zogbia (age 25) - 167 points (2785 minutes played, 9 goals, 7 assists, 33 bonus points)

Stewart Downing (age 26) - 163 points (3385 minutes played, 7 goals, 9 assists, 18 bonus points)

Ash Young (age 25) - 160 points (3050 minutes played, 7 goals, 11 assists, 27 bonus points)

N'zogbia seems to be a similar calibre of player to Young and Downing.

Would be a good replacement.

Agree. Proven PL performer.

French speaker too so would help the likes of Makoun. Since it seems Newcastle are trying to buy the whole french team it could be a rare commodoty.

I think it's cracking business if we get this guy in and move Downing on for a tidy sum.

Even better business if we can keep Downing.

I hope he would be bought in to replace Ash, those who are saying Marc is ready to replace our best player are delusional.